Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett - Lawrenceville, GA

Review of Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett - Lawrenceville, GA

These people have exceeded all of my expectations. My wife is safe, happy and well cared for by them.

Kelly Beasley

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We love your wife and are so glad to know your entire family. She is a very special lady and an wonderful part of our community.
Kelly

My mother lives at Delmar Gardens Gwinnett and I live in St Louis. Whenever I visit her I stay in a guest apartment which is luxurious and beautiful.  We go to the activities which include social activities as well as cultural events.  She often goes on the weekly restaurant trips and we have a great time.  I am so happy she's there and so well cared for.  I recommend Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett for family wanting peace of mind for their mom or dad still wanting activities and friends.

Kelly Beasley

Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad you love our guest apartments! I truly believe our activity staff is the most loving and compassionate people in the field. As a community we try to provide many different options in care levels, activities, and therapy. We are grateful to have wonderful residents like your mom choose Delmar Gardens. Thank you for entrusting us with her!
Kelly

Everything she needs and wants!

My mother lives at Delmar Gardens and enjoys it tremendously. Its like a small town where everyone knows each other, the staff and caregivers know everyone and their unique needs and desires. My mom needed some physical therapy and it was wonderful because the therapist came to her apartment and provided the therapy she needed 3 times a week for 2 months. The services are simply all encompassing and available when needed. My mom particularly liked the trivia games and weekly happy hour. I would recommend Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett to anyone looking for a loving and caring place for their loved ones.

Kelly Beasley

Thank you so much for your review. We are fortunate to have so much longevity among our staff. I truly believe they are the most loving and compassionate people in the field. As a community we try to provide many different options in care levels, activities, and therapy. We are grateful to have wonderful residents like your mom choose Delmar Gardens. Thank you for entrusting us with her!

Not activie enough

I am very familiar with this community as my mother had been here. They have done a great job with the remodel and the staff did a very good job showing us around, they were friendly and answered all our questions. We were not too impressed with the food but the grounds are beautiful, with an outdoor pool in the center of the community. My father-in-law said that he just did not get the feeling that the residents were as active as he is and that he would not fit in very well here.

Kelly Beasley

Thank you so much for your kind words about our friendly staff and beautiful remodel. Our residents do enjoy the beautiful grounds and two swimming pools. I am so sorry you were not impressed with the food. I would love for you to give us a call and let us know what would make it better. Although we do have many active and vibrant residents, I do understand that each person needs to choose the community that feels like the “right fit.” He is welcome to join us for our Senior Games tournament in October to get a sense of our more active residents. In any case, I hope he finds the perfect place for him!

Highly recommend it
We visited many facilities looking for a place that our aunt and uncle would be happy. We knew the minute we walked into Delmar Gardens that this was the place. The facility is gorgeous! It's like being on a cruise ship. It's bright, open and beautifully decorated. We have eaten many times in the dining rooms and the food is fantastic. The best part, by far, is the staff. They are all the friendliest, most caring group of people. From the beautiful smile that greats you at the front door, always with a big hug, to the nursing staff to the housekeeping staff to the dining staff and the activities staff. You couldn't find a nicer, kinder, more genuine group of people. We have been at Delmar Gardens for nearly a year and could not be more pleased. We highly recommend it.

Highly recommend it

Kelly Beasley

Thank you so much for you kind words. We like for our resident to feel that they are on a cruise ship with all the luxury, beauty and amenities, but with the addition of a loving Delmar Gardens Family to support their every need. I also feel grateful for our outstanding and caring staff and for the wonderful residents and families who make up our loving community.

Fantastic, clean, bright, colorful & cheery. Staff are professional, caring, and happy. You can tell they love their job! Prompt attention if needed. I’m so relieved my father is living here. Thank you for all you do. It is appreciated!!

Kelly Beasley

Thank you so much for your review. We are fortunate to have so much longevity among our staff. I truly believe they are the most loving and compassionate people in the field. I hope you will always let us know if there is anything we can do to make things better for your father or your family.

Kelly Beasley, Assistant Director

Review of Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett - Lawrenceville, GA

Mom has been at Delmar Gardens for 3 weeks now and she as well as the whole family is very pleased. I would give a top rating in every category. The staff is exceptionally friendly, helpful, and competent. After the remodel things are very bright and cheerful. We just love it!

Kelly Beasley

Dear Carol, Thank you so much for your kind words, and most of all, for sharing your mother with us. It it is a true blessing to be part of her life and your family. We are so grateful you chose the Delmar Gardens family!
Love, Kelly Beasley, Assistant Director

Review of Delmar Gardens Of Gwinnett - Lawrenceville, GA

My mother lived here until she passed, and truly loved it here. The staff is amazing and really care about the residents. Every aspect of this community is fantastic. It gives me such peace to know that my mother's last chapter of life was spent somewhere she loved.

Dear Julie,
Thank you so much for your kind words, and most of all, for sharing your dear mother with us. It was a true blessing to be part of her life and your family. She was indeed loved.

Review of Delmar Gardens in Lawrenceville, GA

Every single staff member here makes this a very special place. They truly care! My brother lives here and could not be happier. It is such a peace of mind to know that he is so well taken care of. I recommend Delmar 100%!

Dear Michael,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We do indeed care! We love your brother and are so glad to know your entire family. He is a special guy and an integral part of our community. Thank you again for your recommendation.

Toured

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. At the time we toured they did not have any availability so we ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

Kelly Beasley

Thank you so much for your positive review and I am sorry we did not have an opening when you needed one. I am proud that our staff seemed friendly and professional. I hope that you were able to find the perfect community for your loved one.

Best Wishes, Jennifer Thilo, Executive Director

At this particular time this did not seem to be a good fit for our loved ones. It was too far away for us to be as involved as we would like. There was a lot of upheaval due to construction and the staff seemed very scattered and wearing too many hats.

Kelly Beasley

I hope you were able to find a perfect fit for your loved ones. i am sorry that it seemed that staff were wearing too many hats on the day of your visit. While we do wear many hats, our focus is always on our residents' happiness and well-being. I hope you will visit us again now that our renovations are complete. Our community is more beautiful than ever and our staff are certainly finding it easier to please and delight our residents! Thanks again for your feedback. It was very helpful.

Best Wishes,
Jennifer Thilo
Executive Director

The staff is very friendly and attentive to my father..

The Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett is very nice. The staff is very friendly and attentive to my father. We are very satisfied with everything about the place. My wife and I had dinner with him there, and the food was good. The communication with the staff has been very good. Overall, it is a very nice and friendly place. I would recommend the Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett. We are very pleased with everything.

Kelly Beasley

Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad that you are finding the staff, food and communication to be up to your expectations. We are fortunate to have so much longevity among our staff. I truly believe they are the most loving and compassionate people in the field. I hope you will always let us know if there is anything we can do to make things better for your father or your family.

Best Wishes,
Jennifer Thilo, Executive Director

We were extremely happy with the staff, care, activities and overall experience at Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett. Would have stayed but cost got too high.

Dear Leslie,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad that you were so happy with the Delmar Gardens experience. It was such a pleasure for us to know you and your Mom. You will always be part of the Delmar Gardens family.

Jennifer L. Thilo
Executive Director

Best of Gwinnett senior living facility

I moved my parents into Delmar Gardens last year after much research and visiting numerous facilities. I was impressed by the friendliness of the staff from reception to management. Delmar is bright and clean and offers numerous activities during the day.
The dining room is set with linen table cloths and varies their menu monthly. The food is not only nutritious, it is delicious. You can sign up for all three meals or pick which one suits your needs.
Compared to other facilities Delmar is a great bargain. The staff made my parents feel at home right away.
I had no hesitation renewing their lease.

Kelly Beasley

I am so glad that, after much research, you are pleased with our activities, staff, dining services and value! I am especially glad your parents renewed their lease without hesitation. While we are proud of our exceptional community, services and staff, we are most proud of our wonderful residents who are the heart and soul of our community.
Best Wishes, Jennifer Thilo, Executive Director

Very large complex; rooms were very nice size and fully equipped with mini-kitchens.

Kelly Beasley

I am so glad you liked our spacious apartments. Most of our independent and even our assisted living apartments come with full kitchens, including a full size freezer. Our community, which offers many levels of care each with their own specially designed features, is indeed large and includes many amenities. I am always impressed to see how quickly our new residents find themselves feeling at home with their new friends. Thank you so much for your review!

Nice but expensive

It's very nice and it's very expensive. I would say their facility is nicer compared to Dunwoody and they have the nursing home right there.

Kelly Beasley

Thank you for your feedback. I am so glad to hear of your positive impression. As you mention, we do have independent living, assisted living, as well as short term rehabilitation services and long term nursing care all on one beautiful campus and provide priority access to our residents. I understand that the costs of retirement living can seem daunting. We try very hard to assure that our residents and families feel that they are getting a excellent value. Some seniors may be eligible for benefits through their insurance or through the Veteran’s Administration. We would be glad to discuss individual circumstances and options with you in a confidential manner at your convenience.

CALL COMMUNITY DIRECTLY AT:
770-923-3100.

UNIQUELY AFFORDABLE CAREFREE RETIREMENT LIVING
Carefree retirement living means knowing that all services are included and available to you.

• Fully-equipped alcove, one bedroom,
and two bedroom apartments

• Superb cuisine

• State of-the-art Fitness Center

• Fully-equipped Theatre with surround-sound

• Indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs

• Billiards/Game Room/Computer Lab

• Cocktail Lounges/Ice Cream Parlors/Gift Shop

• Private Dining/Meeting Room

• Putting Green

• Complimentary Laundry Facilities

• Styling Salons/Cable TV

• All utilities paid (except telephone)

• Weekly maid service and flat linen service

• Daily scheduled transportation

• Recreational and social programs

• Emergency alert system

ASSISTED LIVING SERVICES

For those who want the most from their retirement, but need a helping hand on a daily basis our Assisted Living Apartments offer a gracious, comfortable, secure environment.

• Licensed by the State of Georgia

• Fully-equipped apartments

• Three gourmet meals a day

• All utilities paid (except telephone)

• Scheduled Transportation

• Personal laundry, housekeeping and flat linen service

• Social, recreational, and Wellness programs

• Assistance with bathing/ personal grooming, medications, and special diets

• Specially trained Assisted Living Staff

SKILLED NURSING

Whether for a day, a week, a month or longer
the finest staff and facilities are always available for long or short term care.

• Admissions 7 days/week - Unlimited visiting hours.

• Beautifully decorated private and semi-private rooms

• 24-hour professional nursing services

• Dental, optometric, and podiatric care

• Staff physician on-call 24 hours a day

• Daily physical, occupational, and speech therapy

• Social and recreational programs