Ivy Hall Assisted Living - Johns Creek, GA

Peace of mind for Residents and their Families is the underlying tone of the Ivy Hall Assisted Living lifestyle. Located at the border of Alpharetta and Duluth, the area offers immediate access to fine restaurants, theatres, and upscale shopping. Residents can select from fourteen different floor plans offering balconies, patios, cathedral ceilings, French doors, skylights, and kitchenettes. Many of our suites, as well as our dining room, offer views of our pond, gazebo, and landscaped courtyard. We provide a wide range of services and a Wellness program to accommodate the needs of our Residents. You will find support designed to relieve concerns about household responsibilities, personal care, and safety while promoting companionship and individuality. In addition, we offer an outstanding social program and exceptional family and community involvement.

Care for my sister.

This is a great community for care for a loved one. I like knowing that my sister is doing well. The community needs more care takers. She is happy with the nice variety of the meals. They have a nice list of activities. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

Father in Law Doing Great

This move is working out very well for my father in law. He is doing great, and everything has worked out very well. We are satisfied with all they have done for our family. He is safe, and in good hands. The staff is kind, and helpful when needed. The only thing he isn't crazy about are the meals. Other than that issue, they do offer nice activities for the residents. This is a community I would recommend, it has worked out well for us.

Great Care

I am very happy with the care that my mom is getting here. The staff is excellent and caring. She seems to like the meals that are offered here. They have a good variety of activities for her to participate. I would recommend this community for excellent care to others.

Ivy Hall gets a thumbs up! 👍

My parents have been living at Ivy Hall a couple of months now. It took a while to adjust for my parents as well as for the family. My parents are loving their new home and the staff is fabulous. It's like being apart of a new big family. I can not say enough good things. When I've had an issue of any sort, one conversation or email is all it took to be quickly resolved.
The only slightly negative thing I would say is the chef needs to step up and make the food as great as the rest of the facility.
The nursing staff, the helpers and the office staff are absolutely wonderful and very caring. The activity directors are wonderful and you can tell they love their job and really care for the residents.
If you want a place that will truly care for your loved ones and has the staff to back it up Ivy Hall may also be the place for you.

Best Of The Best!!

Ivy Hall Assisted Living has been very attentive to the care needs for my mother. Most importantly it's a safe place with wonderful staff. The cleanliness and organization of the community is great. I have no complaints about anything the meals are nutritious and the portions are good. I really liked the manager, he was nice since the beginning and gave us a great deal.

Very nice place!

Our experience with Ivy Hall Assisted Living has been a good one, overall! The facility is clean, well kept, and there are never any odors. The people here are friendly, and they do a great job looking after the residents! I spoke with a visiting nurse who sees a lot of different communities in the area, and she said this is the place she'd pick for her Mom, which I think is a pretty good recommendation!

mother seems happier than she has ever been

So far we are pleased with Ivy Hall Assisted Living. Everything is going well. My mother seems happier than she has ever been in her entire life. The parking is difficult there and that is the only negative. It has the warmest feeling here. The size isn't too big and intimidating. I am very pleased.

Very friendly, helpful tour guide. Facility was slightly small, but nice. Seems better for those in need of higher level of assistance than my parents.

Friendly and accommodating staff

Our experience with Ivy Hall has been a very good one. We had somewhat of a unique situation, and they were great about reaching out to us to let us know they were willing to help. They've been very caring and accommodating throughout the whole process.

Upon entering the building there was no one to greet us. I had to walk aroudn to try and find someone to assist me. No one left their office to come out and see if we needed assistance. I finally got someone to help me so I could find out what room my family member was in. I proceeded to her apt. and came across a strong odor, the odor continued to be there when I left the building as well. Staff not very friendly, when walking past them, nor were they when they came in to give medications. The bathrooms are very spacious and the room has alot of storage, carpet was not very clean or appealing. My family member has an aide but not once did another aide from Ivy Hall come into to check on her the whole time i was there. She has to still pay for their services even if she has an aide, but they should at least come in to check in on her once in awhile. Ivy hall is adequate for the price but if i had a choice I would have put her somewhere else. The parking as well is a diaster, they shouldn ot allow people to work there park and then leave no spaces for family members.

SUSAN GALE

Thank you for taking the time to review Ivy Hall. Family members of our residents are very important to us and we apologize that you had unpleasant experience when you came to visit your loved one. We wish you had spoken to management directly with your concerns so we would have been able to address them immediately. Life at an assisted living community can be very hectic and occasionally we must prioritize our tasks according to demand, but always putting resident care and safety first.

Personalization and friendliness are very important to our culture at Ivy Hall. We frequently receive compliments about our friendliness and the exceptional welcome guests receive when visiting. Customer service continues to be the forefront of our staff training for the highest level quality care and best experience for visitors and residents.

Due to the nature of resident care, there is sometimes an odor. This is not the norm and housekeeping/care staff eliminate any odor immediately. We strive to make our resident’s home environment as lovely and pleasant as possible.

Carpet is replaced when turning over our apartments to new residents in 9/10 cases. When it is not replaced, it is cleaned thoroughly by professionals

We do have spacious closets and many large apartments at Ivy Hall. We have 14 different floor plans from which to choose. These range from our small, medium and large studios to our one bedroom penthouse suite.

Our resident care levels include 24/7 care and entail all areas of activities of daily life (ADLs), such as medication management, bathing, dressing and toileting assistance. Residents are checked a minimum of every two hours, more as needed. We pride ourselves on our Best in Class care which begins with selective hiring and training. Sitter services are arranged by family members for companionship.

We recognize our limited parking can be a challenge and continue to work on alternative solutions for employee and vendor parking. We do have a number of spaces reserved specifically for residents and visiting family members in a clearly marked area at the front of the building.

This was a nice looking place overall, but a bit large.

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This was a nice looking place overall, but I think it would have been a bit too large and overwhelming for Mom. It seemed like a good community, but I don't think she would have been comfortable here.

Lovely Facility - Became Home Overnight For Mom

From the first time we walked in the door, my wife and I knew it would be a perfect place for my 89 year old mother. Becoming blind late in life presents many barriers, but the marketing team and management staff let us know that type of disability would not be an issue for them. When the Director of Nursing came to our house to evaluate my mother, she really took her time and observed as well as interviewed her. The level of service needed was not above what we thought we needed and that was a pleasant surprise; for that is one way that the cost could be prohibitive for us.

The move in was seamless, my mother transitioned well into her new living quarters and I didn't see her again for hours until I got tired sitting there and decided to leave. I found her downstairs participating in activities she hadn't done in four years. She has been there over two weeks and the activities for her are just right and she really does enjoy her new life. The proof was definitive when she called my wife and thanked her for finding such a wonderful place for her.

We enjoy visiting and when the nursing staff see us, they immediately give us an update without being prompted. They truly are wonderful caretakers and it is obvious they love their jobs.

I didn't have a warm and we...

I didn't have a warm and welcoming feeling after entering the facility. The director told us the common areas were going to be redone. Didn't like the size of the dining room. The director and the nurse were very nice. Parking was a nightmare.

visited 11/12. Just 59 apa...

visited 11/12. Just 59 apartments. All VERY small, no kitchen. Presently NO dogs. Many residents in wheel chairs. Less independent than Mom.

Floor plans not great Diffi...

Floor plans not great Difficult outdoor walking

Excellent facility. Would definitely ...

Excellent facility. Would definitely consider this facility for my mother when the time comes. The director was a great tour guide and knew the staff very well. Very clean and professional.