Pinewood Glen Retirement - Bakersfield, CA

Good so far

My father moved here recently and he likes it so far. He has all of his modern comforts and it adjusting well. The activities director is great and really encourages him to get involved. He said the food has it's ups and downs. he did mention the food is much better this week. It's nice of them two because he takes his insulin shots every morning and misses breakfast and they always make sure to have a plate ready for him in his room so he can eat. We chose pinewood because they had availability when we were looking in a time of need and they were more affordable than other options in the area.

My Friend Is Good

I believe my friend is happy and she likes the environment here. The people are fine and she is settling in well. The food is good but she says the portions seem smaller and at times other people have larger portions. It is not top of the line but is seems to be clean enough and they recently sprayed the apartments for pest. Her apartmetn has enough room.The maintenance guy has been helpful to her

Great Care

This is a nice community. the staff is very nice and caring. A very clean environment in every area of the community.
The food is great and variety. They offer alot of activities that are helpful. I would highly recommend this for great care for a loved one.

Not A Good Fit For Mom

This is a fine community, it just wasn't the right fit for my mother. Everybody was wonderful and really tried their best to help. I have made a few suggestions to the director. This is not a community for people with dementia. It would be a nice community for someone who needs light assistance. The facility is good, it just wasn't the place for my mother.

Welcome to Pinewood Glen Retirement Community.We are conveniently located in Southwest Bakersfield with easy access to shopping,transportation,etc. Our community is committed to providing safe and affordable living to fit your day-to-day needs. This independent living retirement community will make you feel at home by providing you with leisure activities, transportation, and much more. Owned and operated by the Housing Authority of the County of Kern, we are a unique facility offering the privacy and freedom of home combined with social and recreational programs for you to enjoy.