Brookdale Riverwalk - Bakersfield, CA

Brookdale Riverwalk - Bakersfield, CA has yet not published prices.

The staff is very attentive

My brother seems to be pretty happy here and hasn’t had any problems with the staff. He’s really enjoying where he’s at. I’ve had dinner there before and they actually invited most of our family to get together and have a meal with them so we could get acquainted with the facility and the staff. I don’t know if there are a lot of options to choose from, though, or if they have the same foods each time. The cleanliness of the facility is very nice and I’m always impressed with it. Housekeeping comes by once a week to clean the apartment and the staff checks in on him every day just to make sure everything is okay. Overall, he’s been very satisfied with being there. They’re easy to get along with and offer to help anytime they can. This place just seems to be comfortable to him. I would definitely recommend them to other people, I’ve even told some friends about it.

Expensive facility

I first decided to tour this community because I heard a lot of great things from people. When I first walked in, I noticed that it was a very attractive facility. It looked very nice all around. I very quickly ruled this community out because they were on the expensive side for us. I liked it but it was just too expensive.

Better Than Most Places We Have Lived

We have lived in a few different communities so we have other communities to compare with and so far this one is good. There are some things that could be improved such as the dining room staff could be a little faster but we understand there are quite a few people to serve. However, the food is hot and very good when we get it. The maintenance staff could be a little more prompt on doing things when asked or the management could follow up to make sure what was asked to be fixed actually was done. Other than that the staff is good very friendly and nice. There is a lot to do here but we haven't had time to participate in things but we plan to shortly.

A community for care

I toured this community. and like the staff very much. They offer nice a nice community to live in. They have activities and the environment was clean and well maintained. This would have been a nice place for me, but it was out of the area that I wanted to live in.

up-graded rooms with granite counter tops, full size refrigerator, stove/oven.

A good experience!

So far, so good! The staff has been very friendly towards my husband and I. The food is absolutely wonderful. I like the fact that they have found a way to handle the doctor's requirements without being too intrusive.

Nice community but pricey

I toured this community and it was a great first impression. The staff was friendly and able to answer all my questions. I did not chose this community because it was out of my price range.

Care for a loved one

This is a good community with great care. They staff are nice and always helpful to her needs. The meals are appealing. We like knowing there are activities that are offered to the residents who want to participate. We would recommend this clean and nice community for the good care and value for a loved one.

Mom's Care

I am happy with the community. The staff was outstanding. They have a great menu with alot of good variety. The community is very clean and maintained. My mother likes playing bingo here and likes to win. I recommend the care here and knowing someone who is here making sure my mom is doing good. Familes would like the care here for a loved one.

beautiful place to live

Brookdale Riverwalk in Bakersfield is a very nice place for Alzheimers patients. The rooms are spacious and always clean, the grounds are beautiful and the staff is always friendly and loving toward their patients. Couldn't ask for better care!

Smaller Community

This community was very nice, but alittle smaller then what we are looking for. The staff was helpful and caring and was able to answer are questions. The community is kep very clean.

Good Care for Mom

This community is excellent The staff is outstanding. My mom is liking all of the meals that are provided. They do offer alot of activities for those. I highly recommend this community for great care.

A Nice Tour I Had

I came by the community and toured the place. It was a very nice community. The staff were nice. The residents seemed friendly. I had an informative sales manager. I discovered there was not a great price to move-in. We chose a different community based on the move-in special.

Peaceful Living!!

My loved one has had no complaints since making the move into Brookdale Riverwalk. He is really liking the meals they are providing as well as the yummy desserts they serve. Housekeeping has been making sure that my dads room and bathroom is being kept clean as well as taking the trash out for him. It is very peaceful leaving with little to no complaints.

2 Week Respite Care

My husband stayed at this place for 2 weeks and it went very well and they were good with him too. He loved the food especially the bread! The community is clean and it was always kept very well. Overall I was happy with the care and I would recommend to family and friends.

An Excellent Community

Everything is working out very well for my mother at this community. The transition to the community has been very smooth. She is really happy here and I know she is being cared for very well. They keep the community very nice and clean. The staff has been welcoming and very helpful. This is an excellent community. She is trying new activities. It has been a good experience. So I would recommend it.

We are Satisfied

My step mother has adjusted very well to this community. We are very satisfied with everything they have done for us. The community looks nice and clean from what I've seen. I haven't had any problems with the staff, they are doing a pretty good job of caring for her. There are many activities for her to choose from. She likes the food, they do serve nice healthy meals. Everything is working out well and I would recommend it.

Taking Thing Day By Day

We are taking things day by day so far my mother's situation is a particular one and not like others. I would say that Brookdale has been a good experience so far other then the fact my mother situation is difficult. The community is a nice looking place very clean I have not had any concerns with that. The staff has been and helpful to my mother and try their best to help us out has much as they can. The food in the skilled nursing isn't so good but I know that the food in the other building is pretty good.

Very Happy

They were always very friendly, from the first time to even now, both the residents and the staff. They try to be as helpful as possible and will do whatever it takes to help us. The food is outstanding and I like the way that they actually come to the table and serve us. I am very happy with it so far.

They Have Done Well

They have done well with the check-in and getting us initially introduced and settled in. That was very good. The negative would be that there were some things they said they would take care of and when we moved in they still were not taken care of.

The communication between the staff members is very poor.

The care isn't as good from when my Dad was there. The communication between the staff members is very poor. They are getting to know her. I just think they could improve on how the staff members talk to each other. They should make sure everyone knows about every patient. My mother was without her glasses and there is times when her hearing aid was not working because it didn't have any batteries. There is certain things they are lacking.

good except for the food

When my mother was there at Glenwood Gardens we never had any problems. The only thing they might could improve on is the quality of the food. That was the one issue that she had, she was always complaining that the food was bad, and when we visited her for a meal there that was indeed the case, at least in the memory care unit. Other than the food everything there was really good.

did not deliver

They were really good and pleasant to talk to, but when it came down to the actual care that my dad received, it was not there. My sister in law ended up having to go there and pulling my father out. There was a real disconnect between the sales lady and the staff working there. We told them certain needs that my father has, and they did not fulfill them. For example, we told them of certain appointments dad had where he needed to be at a certain place at a certain time. That did not happen, and when we checked up with the staff on it they seemed clueless.

We are really happy with them.

We are really happy with them. It's a beautiful clean community. The food is five, the food is excellent, yummy. I think it would be fantastic, if they could find a way for the overall cost, not the care, but the rent food and utilities to be a little less expensive. Other than that they are doing great! They had all the concrete answers about how medicare worked and moving from another state, and just how everything works. They were very knowledgeable.

A Home away from Home

Although limited to the Skilled Nursing Facility I can say the administration and personnel are some of the most compassionate, caring, and professional people I have ever met. We had anticipated moving into the assisted living building which is amazing in its appearance and cleanliness, along with the numerous activities and wonderful meals provided for its members. If someone is looking for a complete community, regardless of ability, this campus needs to be on your list.

No Private Bathroom

The first issue was that there was no private bathroom and the second was that all the rooms are shared. There was no choice. We didn't like that my mom would have to walk into a public area for a bathroom. The grounds were very nice.

Pretty Good

If my mom would get out of her room she might go to the activities. I think they're pretty good. There are things available, but not a lot. They allow pets and so I've told them several times that my mom's hallways smells like dog urine. She lives on the 3rd floor so maybe they just can't make it to the yard, I don't know. I would say no pets on the 3rd floor if I was them. I think they've tried to take care of it but carpet, if you don't replace it, is going to smell. My mother loves the food. I think the service in the dining room could be a little bit friendlier.

Clean and Friendly - Wonderful Place!

Some of the staff people were amazing. My mother had a problem; she was afraid at night and didn't want to be left alone and she would cry out at night. I hate to complain because I know they're limited in their resources but I wanted my mother to have a more caring atmosphere at night. It didn't seem like the night staff tried to comfort her so much as they tried to quiet/clam her down. She could have used more compassion and comfort. Overall, I found Glenwood to be so clean. It's a wonderful place. Everybody was friendly and nice. There were several of the staff members that I totally adore.

Big

They are a big facility where your parent could get lost easily. I'm not necessarily saying that big is a bad thing but in the case of an Alzheimer's patient, I don't need them wandering around. I had special needs so my situation was a little different.

Really nice place. Like tha...

Really nice place. Like that they have in house physical therapy, to help her balance and strength. Apt very clean, new carpet, fresh paint, and even new flooring in the bathroom. Moms going to love it.

Liked this place as well. they do hav...

Liked this place as well. they do have a pool and currently no "Community Fees," and great incentives for moving in. The director is an amazing ambassador for the facility. She gave me a lot of information even if I don't choose them.

Beautifully landscaped ~25-acre gated...

Beautifully landscaped ~25-acre gated community for retirees thru skilled care, in separate buildings. Many activities and available care.

Brookdale Riverwalk is a senior care community in Bakersfield, California. Bakersfield is a thriving city in Southern California, north of Los Angeles. Our community is ideally situated in a residential area of Bakersfield where our residents enjoy peace and tranquility. We are just a short drive from downtown Bakersfield, and residents and their families enjoy shopping, dining, Bakersfield Zoo and the Buena Vista Museum of Natural History.

Brookdale Riverwalk is an inviting community offering independent living, assisted living and memory care services. Our continuum of care means that residents can remain on our campus through all phases of life, even if care needs change over time. All of our residents enjoy personalized care services that are adapted to meet their unique needs. Personal care plans are regularly evaluated to ensure accuracy over time.

Our luxurious and resort-like community boasts several amenities and services to help residents thrive in their retirement, including:

A person-centered approach to care, putting residents first
Innovative memory care with award-winning dining services and a gentle daily routine
Walking paths throughout the campus
Coffee cafe serving snacks and beverages
Pet-friendly accommodations with a pet park on-site