Columbus Estates - Bakersfield, CA

I toured this community

I toured this community and it was very nice. The staff was helpful and answered all of my questions. It seemed to be clean and it was pretty. It's for my mom and this was independant living and she needs a little bit more care.

Far from home

I toured this community and liked that the staff was caring to show me the grounds that were clean and maintained. We liked the menu and the activities that are offered. I would recommend a tour for others to see the options available.

Love at first sight

I toured the community with my wife and liked everything I saw.
So much that we decided to rent a cottage. We have not moved yet but we are looking forward to it.

Columbus Estates is absolutely great. I moved my father here 3 months ago from San Francisco. I had been search for a new community for him for a few months. The place is clean, well taken care of, beautiful grounds, the food is good, freshly cooked every day, but the excellent management and courteous staff is what sets them apart. [Removed] went above and beyond to make the process easy and as stress free as possible. They're passionate about what they do and treat you like family. You guys are amazing.Highly recommend!

Amazing Place

5.0 star rating 5/26/2017
Columbus Estates is absolutely great. I moved my father here 3 months ago from San Francisco. I had been search for a new community for him for a few months. The place is clean, well taken care of, beautiful grounds, the food is good, freshly cooked every day, but the excellent management and courteous staff is what sets them apart. [Removed] went above and beyond to make the process easy and as stress free as possible. They're passionate about what they do and treat you like family. You guys are amazing. Highly recommend!

Highly Recommend

We recently moved my mom to Columbus estates and we could not be happier. The staff are extremely responsive to every request and have been excellent during the transition period. The food is really good and the residents are very pleasant. We are extremely happy to have chosen Columbus Estates.

It did not work out...

My husband and I lived at the Columbus Estates for 90 days. My husband did not find anyone that he bonded with so he did not like it, I thought it was a good experience. We ended up moving pit to find a place that would fit our needs better.

Good impression

We toured this community when looking for my father. We were impressed and with the staff and atmosphere of the place. We ultimately chose another community but I would recommended Columbus Estates to anyone looking in the Bakersfield area.

I toured many retirement homes prior to placement of my mother at Columbus Estates. Shawna was very informative and straight forward about what would be the best choice for us. My mother is very happy with the staff and overall living conditions. Thank you Columbus Estates for making this transition a pleasant experience.

This is an excellent community!!!

Columbus Estates is an independent living community and we found that mom needed more care than they were able to offer. The staff were nice and the meal we had there was excellent. Her short stay there could not have been better. The community was clean.

Review of Columbus Estates - Bakersfield, CA

2 15 16 spoke to Ann [Removed] who sent up my appoint. I loved the facility and all the people were so nice. Its farther away from me than I would like but I thinks its worth the drive. till to check on 24 hour care for this facility thru outside carrier then I will know more if I can afford it

Nice place, overall

Overall our experience with Columbus Estates has been a good one. It is a nice looking place, and the people seem friendly, We're satisfied with our choice!

very good

I have had a very good positive experience with Columbus Estates. All the staff there is extremely friendly and helpful, and they have been very willing to accommodate and help out in any way they can.

great place

Columbus Estates really is a great place. The facility is very nice and all the staff there is extremely nice, warm, caring, friendly, and helpful. It has been a very positive experience all the way around and I would highly recommend them.

Cleanliness in the dining room.

My wife and I have lived here one month, Everything brought to the attention of the staff has been corrected in our cottage. the only observation I have not brought to the attention of the staff is the way the wait staff in the dining room fill drinking glasses. they do not wear gloves and pick up the glasses by the top. In other words they touch the drinking area with hands that may be contaminated. There has been several instances of sickness since we have lived here and this may be part of the problem. I am sure this can be easily corrected.

It's like resort living!

My Mom has lived at Columbus Estates for over a year. She has a lovely one bedroom apartment, stays active with daily activities, and has her meals prepared and served in a well maintained dining room. She has made many friends and is able to get a ride to any appointments or shopping. She even has her bedding and towels changed weekly and her place vacuumed and dusted for no additional fee!

I only got to visit for one day but a...

I only got to visit for one day but all that I saw was very clean, organized, and well thought out. The ground were immaculately kept.

I was amazed at how well a place for ...

I was amazed at how well a place for mom helped me. Columbus Estates is very comparable to the place my dad lived in, in Washington State, but for half the price. Columbus Estates is a great value and the management and residents have been exceptionally friendly and welcoming. I have enjoyed several lunches with my dad there. The meals are not rushed, they are well prepared, and balanced.

Thank you for being there when I needed you.

I had seen the adds on TV and thought some day I will have to use them. Well my day came and the experience was great. They guided me though what my mothers needs where and the prices of everything. They set up interviews with three different facilities and even sent me check off list and questions to ask. Their advise and reassurance was invaluable along the way. We started in November and could have moved her in right away but we had to sell her mobile home first. It is now February and she is in and just loves it. I now can relax and know she is not alone and is with people to support her and improve her quality of life. That was most important to me. The social bonds she is making is terrific for her mental state also.

We love it, they are very friendly, and very accommodating, it's been a wonderful experience. I've tried the food, it's good, and she likes it too. I would like to see some more parking, and maybe a few more accessible spaces. I chose it for the friendliness of the staff and the friendliness of the residents, and it was clean. It seemed very homey, and I thought she would love it there.

I feel like they were totally unprofessional

I feel like they were totally unprofessional, they did a total bait and switch, she went to look herself and they told her they had a great deal and did hard sales job on her. They had her sign immediately to get a special price and when she realized she couldn't afford it, she lost a huge deposit. I feel like there was some dishonesty with not taking her phone calls when she was trying to cancel. When they were trying to sell her they were right on top of it, but as soon as we wanted to cancel we couldn't get a hold of anybody. There should be some protection for elderly people with a certain amount of time to withdraw. I feel like they took advantage of her. They are so nice when you visit and they kind of suck you in. But the way that it was handled when she tried to cancel was not good. It was a hard sell to a person in a vulnerable position.

Professionals

Very clean and well maintained facility in the rolling hills
The staff are very friendly and helpful and willing to meet your needs .
Meals are well prepared and service is good.
Overall a great place at a reasonable cost.

Columbus Estates

My husband and I toured here for his Mother, a recent widow. She could not stay in the family home, It is too far from town and requires too much upkeep, plus health issues are becoming an issue. We made an appointment, and Tamara showed us around. The residents and staff are so welcoming, and friendly. We spoke with several residents, and looked at various apartments and studio apartments.
When we took Mom to see, too, she was surprised. No cooking, no housework, no yard work. Plus activities to do and she can keep her car. She is very shy and not really a "joiner", but she is becoming accustomed to going to lunch and dinner, and talking to some of the other people regularly. It's been 3 weeks, and we hope she will fully come to enjoy all that is offered!

My Mom is a new resident at Columbus Estates

My husband and I toured three independent living facilities before bringing Mom in to make the final decision. We all agreed that Columbus Estates was the place to move. The management is very caring, my Mom's one bedroom unit is lovely, the food is tasty as well as nutritious, and the activities keep the residents moving and challenged.

We found Columbus...

We found Columbus Estates to offer the services we needed at a more affordable price. We called around other places that either had the same services at a higher cost or had a restrictive level of care that was not needed for our loved ones. Columbus Estates provides peace of mind for those caring for a loved one. They take care of the cooking and cleaning that my mom could no longer do herself. Also, the food is decent which is important to her.

Positives: Close; Meals okay to good; ...

Positives: Close; Meals okay to good; everything included exc. friendly, pet friendly, mgrs. on-site. Asst. Living (MoreCare) on site for extra charge; vacation possibility with sister campuses. Can try out, Negatives: No assist. living; overly ornate decor; van doesn't have a lift for wheelchairs; no video magnifiers for community use

Nice place

Nice place

Beautifully landscaped and with a neighborly atmosphere, Columbus Estates is nestled among the rolling hills of the San Joaquin Valley . We're just outside of Bakersfield and only a few hours from Los Angeles. We're also conveniently located near shopping, banks and medical offices, and the city bus stops right at our doorstep.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind