The Gables of Ojai - Ojai, CA

Doesn't Accept Dogs

On the community information, we were provided it states that they take cats and dogs however when we toured the community we were told that they don't accept dogs which were a problem since my mom wouldn't give her dog up. The location was not ideal it was in an area where the temperature would have been too hot even if they did accept dogs. However, the people that we dealt with seemed nice and friendly

Had To Hire Extra Help

My parents are doing okay here at this facility. Everything was going very well until they told me that I had to hire extra care for my parents. They not provide much care at night, so I had hire to extra help, which I do not feel is right. For the most part it is a nice looking community. The staff is nice and caring. There are activities offered, but if your loved one needs help getting to the activities, we will need to hire extra help. The fact I still need to hire extra care is not fair to me.

Wonderful Resort Like Community

This is truly an amazing community. I'am extremely pleased with everything they have done for us. You feel like your a vacation, the community looks like a resort. My mother is doing very well, she loves it. The staff is wonderful, they are caring for her very well. She is trying many daily activities. The food is good, she enjoys the meals. It is a beautiful community, with nice and friendly people. It has really been a great experience and I would recommend it.

Recent experience

I found the Gables to be very well maintained and the staff to be very helpful and friendly. I did find it to be difficult to adjust to the main meal in the middle of the day. It is a beautiful setting and an excellent value.

My test week experience

I found the facility and the staff to be excellent. The dinner meal in the middle of the day was a negative. An excellent overall value.

Among the trees

Lovely grounds and trees grace an older facility with many living options. Staff very pleasant and we had a delicious lunch.
Ojai, the town is extremely charming in a beautiful geographic location.

Over sixty years ago founders of AARP envisioned a gracious retirement community, prerequisites included: temperate climate, beautifully landscaped gardens, community rooms and amenities designed to serve the most discriminating seniors. Hence, their vision of what was to become The Gables was born. An Independent Lifestyle away from daily chores and onto everything you only want to do. Friends when you wish to see them, privacy when you need it. The Gables provides all the comfort of home without the responsibilities.
It’s All About Choices: Exercise Programs, Health Checks, Assistance with Medications*, Personal Care Services*, Wellness Education. Sports and Games: Walking Paths, Swimming Pool. Social Opportunities: Bingo, Bridge, Family Events, Holiday Celebrations, Teas, Socials. Life Long Learning: Lectures/Classes, Campus Library, Culture, Creativity, Art Classes, Shows, Trips to Theatres, Concerts, Volunteer Opportunities.

Settled in the foothills of Santa Ynez Mountains, Ojai is one of California’s destination resorts. The Gables of Ojai, a senior Living Community is carefully designed and landscaped to evoke California’s unique relaxed elegance. The Gables residents enjoy exclusive privileges afforded only a few. Part resort, part retirement community, our gracious living room, clubhouse, lush gardens and fine dining are just the beginning of the Gables lifestyle.