Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center - Allentown, PA

Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center - Allentown, PA has yet not published prices.

Review of Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center

We are very pleased with the level of care my loved one has received here. They have been very good at communication.

Review of Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center

They are so wonderful. It is cleanest I have seen. When I get to that I age, and I am his daughter, I would want to go there, to Phoebe.

Review of Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center

The nurses are excellent! The section my husband is in is very clean. They have kind of a prepared kitchenette area that allows the residents to see their meal being prepared individually. In other places, you see the food hauled out of an institutionalized kitchen but here the meals are custom.

Review of Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center

The place is clean and they are attentive. The workers are very kind and considerate. It is hospital food.

Review of Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center

The cleanliness is good and the meals are good too!

Review of Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center

I am amazed at how good the meals have been! Everyone here has been great!

Review of Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center

They all seemed very nice. It was very homey there. The veranda and place you could sit with visitors was all very nice. My loved one really liked the food and it looked delicious!

Review of Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center

I think that everyone is very friendly!

Review of Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center

They are very patient with my loved one and make her laugh all the time. Her room and every place I have been are clean. I come here every day and maybe during shift change and usually when I go and ask them they can't give me much information.

Review of Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center

I was very pleased with the rehab. I think the doctor should come in and talk to me and the nurse supervisor should come! When somebody has an acute problem, somebody should be there.

Review of Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center

My loved one says the meals are excellent! He is really enjoying them.

Review of Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center

The staff is very friendly and the meals have been good!

Review of Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center

I would recommend Phoebe Allentown!

Review of Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center

Everyone is really friendly. My loved one says that he doesn't like any of the meals but he sure is eating them! The communication is pretty good.

Review of Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center

It's very clean. My mom likes the food. They do let me know, but there are times when we weren't communicating very well. My mom has an issue with her call light being answered in a timely manner.

Review of Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center

I thought the physical therapy was very good. It was good, but I think they had only one nurse and one aide on the floor. The aides were good. They were very friendly. It was very clean. It was very nice and very comfortable. The communication was good.

Review of Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center

My loved one loved it here! He has improved a lot with the therapy!

Review of Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center

Everything was good, but the nurses are slow at responding to call lights.

Review of Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center

The facility is kept very clean. My loved one does not like the meals at all. That is something he has mentioned for sure. The other day he told me they had spaghetti and meatballs and it was not good.

Everything was good.

Review of Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center

Some of the therapists are spectacular and others are not. Most of them are pretty friendly. The meals have been very good. My loved one has a problem with the response times of the help.

Review of Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center

We had an issue with the meals.

Review of Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center

The people are very caring and check in on my mom. They are professional about what they are doing. She is getting results and seeing improvement from the therapy. I have no complaints on the nursing care, she is getting well taken care of. Everything was clean, her room, and the dining room. My mom has no complaints about the meals. I haven't heard from them and I am waiting to see a social worker.

Review of Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center

The rehab therapy services have been pretty good. The staff has been really nice towards my loved one. The building is always clean when I visit and she has enjoyed the meals so far. My loved one has mentioned that when she presses her call light the staff takes a long time to respond. Some staff are great about coming quickly and others are not. In terms of communication, the caseworker just called me today but other than that they have really not reached out to me.

Review of Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center

They have been good about communicating. The therapist I talked to said my loved one seems to be doing pretty well. The staff is good and friendly. It looks very clean and the meals aren't' bad. They're understaffed but everybody I have talked to all seems to take their job seriously and do the best they can. There are a few problems here and there, but the nurses that I have talked to seem to be as concerned as they can be.

Review of Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center

The occupational therapist is very nice to my mom. The staff friendliness is good and the cleanliness is good. It is hard to say for the communication. On one end they did a good job of reaching out to me when she had to go to the hospital. But then on the other end, there has been miscommunication. We have some concerns at this point that are swaying my decision on whether or not to have my mother return from the hospital. I spoke with the staff member in charge of transportation to have someone with my mom during her appointments, but they didn't attend one with her and it caused her to panic.

Review of Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center

The place was clean. There's not enough of the therapy services. Some of the nurses were okay and some were not. They haven't communicated with me about anything.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

It is pretty clean. I know my parents have been enjoying the meals and there have been no complaints.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

In the short amount of time we have been here they have been great. He enjoys the meals, it's a nice variety. They have contacted me several times with admission and all of that.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

The staff is very friendly and very good.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

Everything has been good but they do not call me.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

It is good. It looked clean and the staff are very friendly. He said he has an appetite for the food. He says he is very good.I believe they are attentive with him. They seem to be very nice with him and he would say something if there was something not suiting him. Itlooks very clean to me. They make him go to the dining area. I have not had any updates yet except the discharge nurse called to let me know what they are doing for him. She was very nice.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

He is getting good therapy and I see the progress. The nurses are very nice to him. He also tells me that the food is very good. He enjoys all the people that he is working with and they are very good to him. They have been very cooperative. The therapy department is very good to him and very nice to him.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

I think the nurses are great and everybody is great. He seems to like it there. He was in there two and a half years ago. It is good and I am hoping they can help him to walk. Today he seems a lot better and the therapists are working with him.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

The staff are very friendly and caring in the rehab therapy. She liked the food and said it was good. The staff are very friendly and caring in the rehab therapy. She liked the food and said it was good. They were not on the ball when she got there, though. They said all the rooms were filled and over crowded. They finally moved her when I complained. On Sat and Sunday it took a long time for the staff to change her. Every time they changed shifts they blamed each other.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

Everyone we worked with was great.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

I like the facility a lot! It has improved so much. It's very clean and the meals are perfect! The food is hot, it's good, and very different! I've even eaten it.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

The rehab and staff seem very good. The food is very good and she missed the lunch Saturday and they gave her something to eat within 5 minutes. She has been there in the past and they would tell me what is going to happen.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

The nurses have been fine. The staff let me know about everything.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

We are happy so far. One of his nurses was awesome and has been amazing. She answers my questions and takes the time to communicate with me. He had to wait a while at night to get help to the bathroom.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

She is overall satisfied. The caseworker is really proactive to help my grandmother to help her stay her long term. She does not like the food sometimes.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

The people I've dealt with are good. They have been communicating throughout her stay fairly well. I have dealt mostly with the social worker.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

From what my loved one has said, the therapy is excellent and the people are super. The day staff is exemplary. They are more than helpful to do anything. It is very clean. She has been eating what they give her and they have been accommodating. In the day time, some of the nurses are angels and willing to do anything for her. The night staff were keeping everyone up by talking loudly and laughing in the halls and keeping everyone up. It has been quieter since after someone complained.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

I'd recommend Phoebe Allentown Health Care Center! My loved one has enjoyed the meals too.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

From what I can see the PT and OT are doing better than the Speech therapy. They are doing good for the most part. It is questionable as to whether or not I would recommend them at this point. Communication has been extremely poor throughout our visit. The admissions staff and pretty much everybody so far has had poor communication.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

They seem considerate. We are pretty satisfied. They are attentive to him. In this part of town they have a good reputation. Getting through to each other as far can be difficult, as far as the times for physical therapy goes.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

The PT, OT and ST are five star. One of the girls was excellent. The therapy was excellent but the call bells were put on and you had to wait and wait for help. The staff were good and were all nice. The nurses were good but sometimes you had to wait. I ate there too and the meals were good and hot.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

They are good with communication. Some of the nurses and the doctors are good at explaining stuff. They are more caring and patient. The doctor does well and his assistant does well. 80 percent of the regular nurses are good. There is a problem with the nurses' aides. Some are not very patient with her but some are patient. There a couple of people who are very nice to her. There are a lot of problems. They take a while to get to her sometimes.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

Her room is so confining. She has been living in an Assisted living facility and the care there seems the same. I've observed one therapy session and it was very good. One of the nurses was very good and does a nice job. Everything seems cleaned. The dining area seem pretty good. At all of these facilities you have to ask for information, but I got a call today to let me know about her updates.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

It's very clean. The communication is poor though, I have to be on it.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

The care has not been up to par according to her. I talked to the nurses and they seem fine to me. They are very informative and keep in touch with me. They are very good and they have contacted me. It is very clean. The meals seem fine.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

Overall everything was pretty great, but I'm not sure if she is receiving the right care she should be given. One of the nurses is very good. My mom is a little hard of hearing and her roommate plays her TV really loud and she got her earphones.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

Mom said she likes most the food so far.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

The staff, from the housekeepers to the general manager, are great. The speech therapist is really nice and helpful. My loved one likes the meals. The communication has been excellent.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

My loved one loved it here! The nurses were great! A staff member that especially stood out for her was the occupational therapist. My loved one really liked her! The cleanliness was real nice! My loved one really did like the meals. Everybody was wonderful with the communication. They carried out calls back in forth and really kept me in the loop.

Everybody is informative.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

The cleanliness is very good and the nursing care has been very good as well. There has been some miscommunication.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

My loved one is doing really well. Everybody treats him well. I know of people who have been there before and my brother said it is a good place to go. He had problems with the roommate and they took care of it and now he has his own room. Everybody seems very pleasant. As far as I know everybody is good to him. It seemed very clean when I was there. Everybody is always doing something. He likes the food. It looked good and the waffles look good.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

They have been very good with keeping informed by phone. The nurses call me regularly and let me know what is going on. I have not had any contact with them. The staff seem to be very friendly and answer questions. E They do keep me informed. All of them that call me and identify themselves and they are always pleasant and good to deal with.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

My loved one seems at ease there. I haven't had any problems with communication.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

My dad thought it was awesome. He loved the fish tank and the birds and would take walks every day to go see them. He looks better than he did before he went to the hospital! It's the best! The meals were amazing.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

The therapists were fantastic. The floor manager was incredibly helpful. He was clean and well shaven. He was well taken care of. The staff is very, very friendly. The little PT person I worked with was very good. The facility was very nice. It was excellent with many updates. The floor manager or floor supervisor was very good with communication and she communicated with me back and forth.

Things are great!

Review of Phoebe Allentown

It is good. They took good care of her there. It was a very nice place. The nurses were good and very nice. The staff is ery good too. Everyone who took care of my mom was very good. There is one lady the head of all of the nurses who was really really nice to me. It's very clean. The meals were good. They would call me all of the time letting me know how she was doing.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

They are short staffed but the nurses are fine. It's clean and maintained. So far so good. Several of them have accidentally bumped the part of his body that is sore.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

Night and day they seem much more committed to the patient. He is a fall risk patient and they are really watching him and making sure he doesn't get hurt. They do their absolute best. Everyone there is really friendly. They went out of their way to be kind and responsive. His food is pureed but it smells really good. They have a broader options. The area itself is really inviting. The first day he was there I got 3 different calls about how he is doing - even the laundry person called me!

Review of Phoebe Allentown

It was a wonderful experience. The aides were very kind and compassionate. It was a very clean facility.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

Everything went smoothly from the hospital to Phoebe. She just started therapy and so far it is going well. I have not heard any complaints from my mom. She likes her aide and nurse. Everything is neat and clean when we came there. No complaints from my mom and we are happy with the care. If we have questions we go to the person on duty.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

My mother in law is getting everything she needs. She is walking and moving a lot better from the physical therapy. All are very friendly not only to my mother in law but to our family too. It was a bit confusing when we first came in. It could have been on our part. I got to see the doctor eventually. The other half of the family would come and not have information.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

Everybody seems to be very nice and helpful.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

The therapy that has been given, it's been good. The aides have been very helpful. My loved one eats her meals in her room, they look good.

It was good.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

Its been pretty good so far! One of the consultant/caseworker has been especially helpful throughout the process. It's a very clean facility!

Review of Phoebe Allentown

There is an aide, I wish I could remember her name, but she has been especially helpful caring for my loved one. It's very clean! My loved one has not complained about the meals, so I think they are good. The communication is okay.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

The service seems to be good with the aides and the nurses. The rehab therapy is excellent. I don't think they have enough nurses on staff. They are spread pretty thin. Some are excellent and some are okay. They are all really friendly. They bend over backwards to help you. It's an excellent dining room, and I think the food is okay.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

They are doing the best they can. The therapy has been fine. The therapist has gone out of her way to make my loved one comfortable. The cleanliness is good. The calls that they make can be at unreasonable hours.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

They have been pretty good as a whole!

Review of Phoebe Allentown

I'd recommend Phoebe Allentown!

Review of Phoebe Allentown

My loved one loves the food.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

The food was pretty good and the service was sometimes slow with the aides but she does not have a lot of patience. The staff are cheerful and helpful. They need to be in five places at once. The meals are good. It's clean but the floors are often littered with stuff.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

We are very satisfied. Phoebe is excellent! They have made many phone calls so far and I am very happy about this communication.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

I'd recommend Phoebe Allentown overall. The care depends on the nurse some were a very good and some were okay. She would ring the bell but it would take about half an hour. She has restricted diet but they kept giving her food that she wasn't supposed to eat.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

Mom likes everything there. The therapists have come in every day except the weekend. The menu has a big variety. I spoke with the case manager about her plan. They do all update me. They said she is doing well. She said sometimes the nurses are a little loud in the hallway when she is trying to sleep.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

Cleanliness and food were fine.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

The therapy was wonderful and awesome. I would recommend for others, but if my mother needs to rehab again she will not be going back to Allentown. It was a little frustrating when you see the people you are trusting to take care of your loved one is not being as kind as they should be.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

The therapy services were good and they accommodated me when I was feeling ill. The staff was informative and it was good. The nurses are very good. It is not very easy to get medication. Everything takes a while from a doctor. The aides are very kind and friendly.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

There is nothing I disliked about the meals and everything is really good. Some of the nurses are great and most of the staff are friendly. All of my therapy was good. Sometimes I was updated but not as much as I would like to be updated. They are understaffed. The girls always said this to me and they said they are rushed rushed rushed.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

The rehab therapy services are excellent. The aides are very good. Most of the staff are friendly. The nurses are excellent. So many nurses can't remember all their names. The food varies and it is very salty.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

It's a very nice, pretty place. Mom enjoyed the library and gift shop. The physical therapist got my mother to move and did a really good job. One of the staff really brought a smile to my mother’s face. The staff were really good. Some were a bit abrupt or they say they have to check and never come back. She's used to steak and pork chops but was surprised that she had to go one a different diet. The communication was off about why her diet changed. Everyone had their breakfast but she was just lying there around 9-9:30. She would sit for about an hour when she needed to go to the bathroom.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

My mother was here a long time ago and she had excellent care and it boggles my mind how much it has changed. Although, my loved one does like the meals and the cleanliness has been good. The nurses and aides have been helpful. From what I have seen the therapy has been good. The communication has been ok. I spoke with the social worker and I let her know the building seems to have grown but the care is worse.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

Some of the staff are wonderful. The nurses are pretty good. It's clean and the meals are pretty decent. However they took her to the hospital and did not call us for 5 hours. I'm calling to try and find out things and leaving messages and no call backs.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

I pulled her out I was not happy at all. The staff is very nice but there's not enough help. The meals came cold.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

The speech therapist was amazing. One of the physical therapists was very helpful. Also, there is an aide on the short-term stay side who is AMAZING! The staff are so good about working in sync between departments. I feel as though I do not have to repeat myself and explain the situation when I am asking a question because they are so aware. Also my loved one is loving the ice cream!

Review of Phoebe Allentown

The staff is great. Everybody socializes with each other. They have events all throughout the day. They are very friendly and easy to talk to. We have been very impressed. They have wonderful food, too - they have a caterer that comes in.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

The staff are very nice and pleasant. The nurse practitioner is very, very good and the other nurse was very kind and caring. The food is good. I receive phone calls, too. Two therapists came and were very kind and patient and knew what they were doing.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

They are doing good job! They are all friendly. We just love the soups.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

I already have recommended the facility! The staff have been stellar. They are good about the cleanliness! I appreciated the communication, it just became slightly confusing at times because it was so extensive! If you ask my dad, he would say the meals were better during his last visit. It might also have to do with his dietary changes though.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

My loved one did well in the therapy.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

I'd recommend Phoebe Allentown!

Review of Phoebe Allentown

They seem very nice. They seem very friendly and say hello. She is getting some rest. It is going smoothly. The therapist gave me an update and that went smoothly too. They kept me updated. She is changed and everything too. Every time she rang her bell they have been very helpful for her care. She likes the gentleman and I do not know his name. She trusts him. The therapist called me and the nurse was very helpful explaining her condition.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

I'd recommend Phoebe Allentown to a friend.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

From what I have seen, the staff is very caring. I like their philosophy with a religious slant. The staff is very friendly. This is no fault of the nurses and aides but they seem short staffed. She is not getting as much PT this time. Overall we are really happy with it. They are doing the best they can under the circumstances. I do not feel like they are able to care for her needs like getting a shower more than once per week and they do not have time to take her to the bathroom and it is a waiting game. Most of the meals are great and a couple I am not impressed with. The dining room is nice. The phone call I got this morning was short with the information, in a hurry to get off of the phone. Usually they are really nice with answering my questions. If I ask them to look into something, they do. We just had a meeting and it was very helpful. The nurse answers my questions.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

The staff are very friendly and they are cooperative. They help when she needs it. One of the staff especially helps us and he is fun to be around. The social worker reached out when it was necessary. The floors were always clean. Some of the food was not that good. She had chicken parmesan and she did not like having it with ketchup and American cheese.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

I'd recommend Phoebe Allentown, although the nurses are short handed.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

The staff are great and very attentive. One staff member helped me right away and got me the person I came there to speak with. She was so helpful. My father's enjoying the meals too. The facility does not have set visiting hours so I think at some point I would like to visit around 3 am just to make sure the care is just as good. There was miscommunication with father's paperwork; might not be their fault. I've addressed an issue with the Director of Nursing. The first shift were really good. They are very diligent and then as the shifts go on it drops off in quality.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

The staff have been friendly. It is pretty clean. The meals looked good to me and she enjoys the meals. She is not getting much care and she is on hospice. I have not seen a nurse yet when I am there. They have not talked to us at all. Everyone needs to improve on communication.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

The nurses are friendly. The dietitian is doing her best. One day the food was cold. The cooks are nice. As far as communication, the nurses are good and the CNAs, except when I call Phoebe I do not get return calls. Some of the therapists are excellent. They do not do the therapy long enough. I asked if they were going to get him out of bed and they said he needed his rest from the fall.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

The therapists are diligent and persistent and know what they are doing. The staff are courteous and when you ask for something, they respond pretty quickly. They are all pretty eager to do their job! Mom seems to like the meals. I called and get answers but sometimes you have to wait. I do not like that they do not use bed alarms or bed rails. There are no rubber mats around the bed because they say they trip on them.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

I have been there every day, and if I wasn't there, I am not sure on how things would go with her. I have been told that if you are on the left side, they are more attentive. It takes them a long time to get to her after she rings the bell. The staff are okay for the most part. You will have some that will get annoyed. I don't know who to go to. And I have yet to talk to the doctor. After a couple days, I think she has gotten the hang of the meals. She has been okay with most of it.

Review of Phoebe Allentown

The staff were very helpful. The nurses would go up with her in the dining room to help her find something that she will eat. I know the residents can be fussy about the meals, but I have heard good comments from my mom. One of the nurses on the second floor really went out of her way for my mom. In the Miller building, depending on the time of day, it could be difficult to find someone on the floor. We had a rough patch for a couple days when she came back to Phoebe from the hospital. When people are leaving messages, they call from other peoples' phones. So when I call back that person is no longer available at that number. Also, we were trying to get some information from the nurses while moving mom's clothing from the Miller building, and it was kind of frustrating we couldn't get their attention. They had their children at the nurses' station.

Nestled in Allentown’s historic residential west end, Phoebe Allentown provides quality short-term rehab therapy and peace of mind for you at all ages and stages of your life.

From independent living in a maintenance-free two bedroom apartment, to skilled nursing in our Health Care Center, Phoebe Allentown will meet a wide variety of care needs. Phoebe Allentown specializes in short term rehabilitation with dedicated rehab gyms and physician on site, as well as out-patient therapy available. As a not-for-profit facility, we continue to invest in the people in our community by providing quality care for all.