New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center - Easton, PA

New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center - Easton, PA has yet not published prices.

• 24 hour care
  • Skilled Nursing
  • Respite Care
  • Short Term Rehab
  • Long Term Care
  • Care for seniors and adults recovering from an illness
  • Dental Care Available
  • Behavioral Psychiatrist Available
  • Personalized care plans

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

It is good and the nursing is good. My loved one likes it there. They are friendly and they tease her in a fun way. If she rings the bell they are right there to help. The nurses seem good to me. It is very clean. The meals were very good. The communication is very good. They all seem to communicate well.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

The level of care and the nurses are great. Sometimes they are short-handed. Could use a little work the patient's room they do their best but there are tissues all over the floor. He doesn't eat much anymore. They are always available to talk and if we need them to explain anything they will.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

We are so happy with New Eastwood! The staff has been wonderful. My mom just loves the therapy! The staff has all been phenomenal! The friendliness is great! The meals could use a little work. To start they could do a better job at actually serving what my mother has ordered. I would definitely recommend this facility especially compared to other places my mother has been. The communication is outstanding.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

They are very friendly and outgoing. The staff seems to take time to communicate with loved ones. The physical therapy and occupational therapy are good. I saw the virtual tour and it looked nice.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

They are hard workers there. The lady working on his neck was good with the pulsating machine. I never met any of the nurses and he did not complain about them. There were a couple of people who did not give me the time of day by giving him a bath. It depends on the person working there. He said he is eating and he is okay with the meals. I have not gotten any updates. I do not want updates. The people there are good and hard workers. They are doing what is expected there.

It was good.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

The cleanliness is average. You can see the dirt on the floors behind the bed. She rarely gets her food warm or what she asks for.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

Most of them are friendly. Some of the meals are good and some are not.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

So far we are so happy with New Eastwood. We have been so happy with my husband's care. The only drawback is the food. The scrambled eggs always seem to be cold in the morning. We chose this place because we had a friend that used it for her father. Because of that experience, we came here and we are glad we have. The nurses have a way of making you feel confident that your loved one is getting great care. Every single staff member has been wonderful. From the staff member opening the door to the maintenance man, literally, everyone has been great! The nurses have a way of making you feel confident that your loved one is getting great care. The building is always very clean and they keep the floors up very well. They always answer all of my questions. I am very happy with the communication. When I asked a certain staff member a question she got the books right out and found the information I was looking for.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

The nurses are nice and helpful, but they take their time. They don't give him rehab every day, but when he receives it, he likes it. They don't keep up with bathrooms in the patient's bedrooms. No one on the floor knows anything when I get there.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

They do a good job, especially the weekend staff. The majority of the nurses are not too bad but you have some that are not personable or pleasant. The actives are really good. Some of the things at New Eastwood they don't look as appetizing. No one has even called me and no one spoke to me. I called the social worker and she hasn't gotten back to me.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

The nurses are pretty good and they answer all my questions. She has not said anything about the food. No one seems to know anything.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

There was one nurse that was good and the rest are terrible. It has not been a good experience. It was very clean. My loved one hates the food. The communication was not good at all.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

They did pretty good there. The nursing care was good. The staff was very friendly and it was very clean. My mom is a gourmet person and she is fussy for quality food. They need to improve their food. They were supposed to have a care meeting and they dropped the ball on that. I scheduled a meeting with them after that, the people in charge of care navigation.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

I'm very happy, and I've gotten familiar with the people over the years. I like everyone there. They call me when needed.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

They are very flexible with trying to find ways to make her feel comfortable. She is improving in rehab. All of the nurses are very good with her. It always looks clean the few times I was there. The staff are responsive and very good. I call every day and sometimes twice a day. They know what is going on there with her.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

They are fantastic. My mom was in a different facility and had no progress, and they pay more attention to detail here and work with the patients' needs. Every patient is different. They provide personalized care. Everyone from the cleaning staff to the nurses and coordinators, they are all wonderful. The dietary and cleaning staff are all wonderful. The office staff are wonderful helping with transportation needs, and the staff are very articulate and very understanding of my feedback about my mom. It's very clean and when I walk in there I feel like I am in a spa. There's no bad smell. No one wanders the halls unattended. Also, my mom is very particular, and they are willing to find other food for her if needed.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

I'd recommend New Eastwood!

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

The medical facility is good. My friend seemed to be upset about getting the right meds and having people come when he rings the buzzer. The nursing care is a little lacking, and not as much hands on. I'd like more communication from them.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

I feel my wife is getting very good care. This is our second experience and I'd come back again. They've done a good job redoing it. The nurses are receptive to anything we need. Most of the staff have been good. They're doing a very good job in therapy. One of the aides is great. They have really good people, several good ones, and a few don't want to be here. I have not had a lot of communication dealing with social services. Some nurses go beyond, the nurses seem to listen and follow instructions from the doctor.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

It's good, except for the food and the fact that the weekend nurses are not anywhere as good as the weekday nurses. The rehab is done well. My dad raved about the only blonde nurse there! The meals are burnt or dry and most people don't have teeth and they cannot chew the turkey or meat.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

The therapists are really good. Many of the nurses and staff are very nice. The people are really good and we had only one run in. We had one aide who was a little rough with my mother and they took care of it right away. We are happy with the way it was handled. We have not had any issues at all since then. The meals are good. They are pretty good about coming and cleaning. Sometimes there is a little smell. The laundry needs to make sure she gets her clothes back in a timely manner and her clothes maybe missing.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

My step father was there for the rehab therapy and may be long term care now with the other health issues. They are very helpful and nice. I only had one issue regarding his schedule to go to the doctor. There was cancelled appointment. He did really good in rehab at first. The aides are very attentive to him. The aides were very friendly and helpful. They are all very friendly. The meals looked well balanced and he is a fussy eater.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

For the most part, the nurses and aides are excellent. All the nurses are great, except one. Many are wonderful! The therapists are really good. Speech is excellent. PT is good. The pureed meals look good and smell good. There's never enough help though and there was a mixup about how my husband's medication was administered. Also they have very small rooms. We asked for rails, they couldn't do it but there's other beds there that have them. Communication is not good, no one tells me anything unless I ask. It's not filthy but could be improved, like the mopping.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

My mother said that she has to wait until late morning or afternoon to get dressed. The nurse at night was nasty and yanked her out of her chair and dragged her to the bathroom and that nurse is not allowed in her room now. She had to wait one hour to get help to the bathroom. The insurance is not paying for her to be there and not getting therapy for one week. She does like the PT staff when she had it. They are not too friendly and the social worker was rude. It is not very clean. It was three days before they cleaned her room. She said the meals are good, though.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

The aides are very good with my husband. My husband seems to like the food. The rehab people are great and the nurses' aides are great. Some of the aides even go out of their way to do things for us.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

They always take good care of my loved one. They need more meal choices so when they serve something she doesn't care for there is another option. I am there two or three times a day and they keep me informed.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

My loved one is being taken care of and I do not have any complaints. The meals could be better, but they are good for him. We like all of the nurses.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

It is really good, but they are a little understaffed in the CNA department. The meals are good. We liked the director of nursing. Everybody is really good.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

So far, they've done a good job keeping us informed with what is going on. They set up her appointments and let us know how she is doing. It always looks clean. My loved one is not thrilled with the meals.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

My loved one seems to like it there. She is happy. She in all sorts of events. She is eating better and she is gaining weight. It seems like a good place. My only problem is that I have not heard from a single staff person. I would like to hear from the doctor to let me know what is going on.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

I thought the care was good. Whatever I needed they got for me.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

This facility is better than other facilities. It is clean. My mom likes the rehab therapy. The nurses are good. My mom does not like the food. Whenever I talk with the staff, they are helpful. They called me when she fell.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

Everything was good except for a few times when my mom needed to go to the bathroom and they left her for a while and did not come back. Other than that the overall experience was not bad. The nurses were great. The aides were good. They were good at keeping me informed.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

My only complaint is that they seemed disorganized and understaffed. The people who conducted the rehab were well organized. The nursing care was great. The aides were fine. It was quite clean. The meals were good most of the time.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

Everything I've seen is good. My mother tries to manipulate everything and go around the system, especially for her meals. I understand it is a nursing facility I understand the do not have time to treat adults like children, but I think they need to make a new system of having a patient sign for every tray of food and every drug administered so they can't trick some nurse into giving them extra. They are very good at keeping us informed, except that we have to call them to get my mother's test results.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

This is my first experience in a nursing home. It is not a good place. The staff complains about everything and being tired, and they didn't introduce themselves to me, but they are nice to my husband. The place could stand a good scrubbing.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

They are letting my loved one smoke. At one point, I suggested he needed to go to the hospital, and they declined to send him. Then he ended up having to go. It was decently clean. He wasn't too happy with meals. The staff only called me if they needed information, not to tell me anything.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

I'd recommend New Eastwood to a friend!

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

It was very clean environment, and the staff was very courteous. They had awesome food.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

I like how involved everyone is. We have conference calls every week that are very detailed, and they break down every part of my loved one's stay for us. Every time I have gone there, the facility is clean.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

The staff was stupendous. Everything was okay with cleanliness.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

There are no odors or smells of any kind when you walk in. I really liked that. The one meal I saw, a turkey dinner, looked really good.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

I'm well satisfied with the things that I have seen at the rehab. I have heard nothing but good things from my loved one. Everything is pretty clean, I see the guys go by, keeping the floors clean and taking the trash out. My loved one is eating a lot better. He said that he didn't like pork so they made him an alternative. He also told them that his meat was too tough, so they chopped it up for him. If I'm there and there is anything to say, they will let me know. I'm sure if there was an issue they would call me, but I'm not hounded with unnecessary phone calls.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

I went down there a few times, and everything seems fine. The therapists said my mom is doing good and walking much better. I met a few people, and they all seem very nice and they've all got smiles on their faces. Everything seemed clean and it looks like a nice facility. My mom said the food is good and she likes it. They're very good about calling me to give me feedback and updates.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

We like the physical therapist, but the occupational therapy needs a little tweaking. The nurses have all been fabulous. I had a meeting with admin, and I did go over the concerns I was having with them. Things like meds needing to be given on time; if my loved one is supposed to get her meds at 9 and she is not getting them until 10:30, there's a problem. There should be an ice machine for the patients. They need to answer the buzzer to respond to the patients quicker. The meals have not been fabulous. There were only two choices per day on the menu.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

The staff has been extremely helpful and pleasant. The meal portions are too small though, and the quality is not consistent.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

Everyone that I have dealt with seems very nice. The therapists are very good at explaining things. The admin and head people keep me informed about my loved one. If you go to the nurses' station, the nurses are not very helpful.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

I'd recommend New Eastwood to a friend.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

The care was very good. My loved one didn't like the food. Our discharge meeting was very disorganized. It seemed as though the social worker didn't know what was going on.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

I am very happy with the young lady that she is working with in rehab. My wife is only getting therapy one time a day, but in the hospital they did it one time in the morning and one time in the evening.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

The experience was okay. I found my husband left for several hours wet and unchanged, and the second night he fell from the bed. The room is very small, not good for two people.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

I would recommend them only if the resident didn't have to be there that long. Some staff care about the patients, some don't. My loved one has been refusing to do therapy. The staff is just all business sometimes.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room where they did the rehab was very impressive, I thought it was excellent. I wasn't there to see his rehab but he did go home in 2 weeks instead of 3. Most of the nursing staff was great. It was clean, but the rooms were small, and you couldn't close the door with a wheelchair in the restroom. I was not happy with the social workers at all. I asked them to get in touch with the VA and they didn't know what they were doing and now it's been a week and I haven't heard anything, which is unusual.

Review of New Eastwood Care and Rehabilitation Center

Someone local was able to visit her and let me know that, physically, she has improved, so the therapy must be working. For my loved one's entire stay, I received no progress as to her updates from doctors or therapists, even though the billing department managed to get a hold of me. I live out of state, so I haven't been able to visit, and it's been impossible to get a hold of anyone to find out any answers.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

Overall everything is going very well for us. I just got off the phone with my friend as a matter of fact and she said she is doing very well. They reach out to me if they need to and that is what I prefer.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

The staff is superb. Everybody made me comfortable and pain free, and helped me get back to living again. I'm really, really happy. Everyone is here to help. Everybody gave 110%. Many of the staff members were absolutely great.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

So far everything is going well for my friend here at the facility. The staff is very friendly.

Review of New Eastgate Care And Rehabilitaion Center

Overall it was a good experience. However, my mom’s paper did say her preferences and they still had a lot of problems with the meals.

Review of New Eastgate Care And Rehabilitation Center

My mother seems to be coherent and in therapy. The staff and nurses are spot on all of the time. The facility looks fine.

Review of New Eastgate Care And Rehabilitation Center

I have been to the facility as well as a patient. Overall it is going well. There seems to be a mix in terms of the staff members and the quality of care they are providing as well as their attitudes. There is room for improvement on the meals.

Review of New Eastgate Care And Rehabilitation Center

The nurses are okay from what I can tell. They give her the medication. Everybody has different care needs. I understand the predicaments. She likes two of aides. I understand there are many caregivers and they do not come when she needs to go to the bathroom.

Review of New Eastgate Care And Rehabilitation Center

The rehab therapy is excellent. Some of the nurses were particularly excellent. I was not happy with the whole set up except for the rehab though. I think they are understaffed. They did not give the care to her and her roommate like they should have. The staff was generally good. They were all very friendly. It was pretty clean but the food was terrible.

Review of New Eastgate Care And Rehabilitation Center

The rehab was very good and there were nice people. I never had a problem with the staff. However housekeeping is not good and the food was horrible. The head nurse had housekeeping clean the room. They do not clean my loved one enough. My niece cleaned the floor. He did not like the meals and he is a fussy eater.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

They have nice activities there. The speech lady is working nicely with my loved one and she is helping to get him to drink water. The staff and nurses are good, and I pester them constantly. They are very understanding and once we got the food down it is hunky dory. The staff joke around and are lighthearted. They make us feel comfortable. The maintenance are on top it. There was a problem with the food, but someone is handling this issue and a gold star to her. She was my hero.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

I would recommend the facility for short term rehab. The PT service is good. My wife is doing well. The staff are good and friendly. The management needs to control more of what is going on. Also the food is not hot.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

Overall we are satisfied with the experience at the facility. The staff is pleasant. My only real concern pertains to communication - especially between the rehab and the nursing staff. I don't know about my mom's progress in rehab therapy and the nurses don't seem to know. It seems as though it is difficult to get information at times from one or the other. The facility is good about calling me when changes are made to her care or medication though. My mother and myself are not very fond of the meals at the facility.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

The nurses are pretty good. My loved one eats mostly in her room and the food is good.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

There are a few nurses that my loved one really likes. They call me if necessary, but I'm there every day so I get informed.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

I’d recommend New Eastwood. There's nothing to the food, though, and the flavor is not quite right.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

I love all their staff. They are informative and are taking good care of my mother. They told us about a 24-hour bug going around and they wanted to let me know the risk.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

New Eastwood was recommended to us, and we're very pleased with it. The staff is very friendly and very caring. The therapy is fantastic. It's a great place to go.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

We are very well pleased with the attention of care and the therapy. Keep up the good work, being professional and caring for patients!

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

It's been pretty good. The meals and everything are great.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

They really care, but my husband does not care for the food. The way the rehab therapists are treating him is great. He's happy with the nurses, they're friendly. We've had no trouble whatsoever with the staff. They are always cleaning. Sometimes the food is not warm enough, and a lot of times is over cooked. The dietitian has seen my husband, it doesn't matter what he recommends; they still don't send the right food for him.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

My loved one wasn't too happy with the meals, but I would still recommend the place.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

The nursing staff is excellent! Sometimes the aides lack compassion and attention to detail. Sometimes I see rubber gloves lying around, clearly people are missing the garbage can not picking things up. The meals are not appealing.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

My father has been having problems with meals because they keep bringing the wrong order. They don't bring him what he requests.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

I think they are doing well. They are understaffed. The number of patients they are taking in is more than what they are capable of caring for. They seem to rush a lot just to get things done. There are some staff that are terrific and are some are not quite as good. I think it's some of the personal attitudes they have. Everyone tries to be friendly. I had to go looking for people if I wanted information.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

Overall I'd recommend this facility. My loved one is getting good meals, she's just a picky eater.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

This facility does good with cleaning my mother’s wounds and giving her experience rolling around with a wheelchair. She’s hitting her goals she needs to in order to come home. Her medications have been screwed up a few times, and when I talked to a nurse about it, she gave me attitude. My mother also complained that she isn't being changed as often she would like. My mother really likes a few of the staff people, though a couple of them have been rude to me. The facility smells a little bit, but not bad.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

The staff are attentive and thoughtful. They go above and beyond! Two of the nurses work very hard to take care of my husband. Any time you walk down the hallway, everyone says hello and if you look like you need any help, they don't hesitate to help you and point you in the right direction. That's right up to the charge nurse as well! Therapy has been very lax, though. The PT has been slow and not happening until I brought it to their attention. They are pretty attentive to my husband and I know he could be a little much some time and they still give him the care they would anyone else. This is the 4th time that my husband has been here and the food is very disappointing. It's just unappealing, it looks like someone carelessly prepared for the masses. Even when he selects things on his menu, they don't provide him what he's ordered. We verify the order and his name is on it but they bring anything and not what he is asking. They expect him to eat it and he just can't and it just does not look good. The first time we brought my love one, they were slow to communicate but since then they have been actively communicating with me and advising on time notice and if changes are going to happen. They do notify him about upcoming changes.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

They need to do more on the medical care side, but the rehab is good. I like the fact they push my loved one to do it. I think more accommodation and attention need to be given to his wounds. In general, the staff is pretty friendly.

Review of New Eastwood Care And Rehabilitation Center

One nurse was very and nice and one unit person was very nice. The rehab therapy was excellent. Some of the staff was not so good and they were arguing and woke my loved one up. The aides did not want to do certain work and it was very upsetting. Some of the staff was happy and some had an attitude. The medical assistants were very friendly. The facility was fairly clean. The meals were bad. Certain things I asked for, nobody ever got back to me. The doctor never called me back, and that was very upsetting.

New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is the premier provider of subacute rehabilitation and skilled nursing care in Easton, PA. We are best known for our exemplary Rehab-to-Independence Program, and our close proximity to Easton Hospital allows for a smooth transition to your fullest recovery. New Eastwood is proudly a a CMS 5-star facility, and the proud recipient of the 2017 National Quality Award.

Our Cardiopulmonary team works in conjunction with expert cardiologists and board-certified pulmonologists, providing tailored programs for a wide variety of heart disease and pulmonary conditions.

Our clinical services include:

Respite Care
Therapeutic Recreation
Urgent SNF™ Stabilization Program
Care Navigation™

We value the feedback and input from both patients and their family, and keep loved ones informed every step of the way. As a smaller facility with a high patient to staff ratio, we give our patients the attention and care they deserve.