Personal Senior Care Homes - Senour - West Chester, OH

Although the concept is ok, the owner does not conduct his business professionally. Discrepancies between owner and nurse/manager. Owner insulted our family when we chose to go a different route which confirmed to us that we indeed made the correct choice. Be very careful.

Good concept but.......

My husband was in this facility for 8 months. I would not recommend! Most of the caregivers were great but the owner of the business doesn't follow through on promises and says one thing and does another. The place is not very well run. My husband fell 2 times in three weeks and had to go to ER both times. There was threshold that he tripped on first time. There should never be threshold like that for residents to cross at doorway. Dangerous! Not enough staff for acuity of patients there. Owner wanted to raise our rent $1000 a month and do away with one caregiver. That is why we finally left among many other reasons. Food mediocre at best. There were times on the weekend that the refrigerator was very bare! I frequently brought food for my husband. It was very unsanitary way they had pads on the chairs and sometimes urine on them.

Disheartened...

Owner gets 1 star. Caregivers get 4 1/2 stars.

I would give the owner a big zero, but he is compassionate and truly cares about the residents and their care. Unfortunately, he's a terrible businessman. He owes my mom's estate a $6,000 deposit and the balance for the last month of care, which goes back to August of 2016. He claims that our leaving a nightstand & wardrobe there for 2 1/2 months is grounds for not returning the money, despite the fact that the head nurse said we could leave the furniture there and not jeopardize getting the deposit back and the owner telling me that the furniture "staged the room." The room wasn't filled by another resident until late December 2016!

Despite my frustration with the owner, the caregivers at the house did a wonderful job caring for my mom. I care about them and am grateful for how lovingly they treated my mom for over 17 months. It's truly a shame...It is such a nice home and the caregivers really care about the residents. I have no recourse against him since my dealings were all with Personal Senior Care Home of WC LLC (not with the LLC that owns the real estate or him personally). Good luck!

Could be better

Great concept here but services could be more consistent. Food is questionable at times and not of high standard. Ratio of 1-5 is really not a good balance since they are the only one in the home at a given time. Periodically others(staff) are in the home but not for any great length of time. Staff (1) is required to cook/prepare breakfast and lunch. Heat up and assemble dinners, clean home and residents rooms, do all laundry, give showers, monitor bathroom visits and or check and change, groom, dress and be able to have one on one time and engage in activities everyday. This is next to impossible. Not all staff are STNA certified and Nurse is at times not readily available after normal business hours. It is difficult to monitor the quality of care, more eyes and hands are needed to make this a successful operation in my opinion.

Great people who are taking care of my mother. Could not be happier with the home, aides, nursing staff, home cooked meals and the owner really care about the residents.

A good altrenative concept

After sampling several of the areas more 'institutional' type facilities, I can state that PSCH provide a much better service. A resident to staff ratio that cannot exceed (and is generally lower than) 5:1, allows much more attention, and personal interaction that can be tailored to the individual needs of the resident. The staff are generally very friendly, and tend to view the residents more as family than charges.

The atmosphere seems to be more like home, to the residents, than any other type of facility, which tends to make them less anxious.
The downside is the cost, and the lack of onsite medical staff after the day shift. Staff turnover appears to be much lower than other facilities.
Overall, I am happy with the facility, and would recommend it, especially as the need for more individualized attention grows.

Friendly, accommodating staff

Our experience with Personal Senior Care Homes has been a very good one. The staff is friendly and accommodating, and they really went out of their way to get my loved one's room set up just right before she moved in. They also do an excellent job with the food, the meals are prepared individually for each resident!

very nice t

It's a good value at Personal Senior Care Homes but I was promised one thing and given another as far price. My mother-in-law is very hard to deal with and as far as activities they need to help keep her busy more since she is so difficult. But the staff is very nice to my mother-in-law especially given the situation.

Personal Senior Care Homes is a new concept in assisted living. Located in quiet, upscale residential neighborhoods, our homes provide 24-hour care by certified, trained staff who offer a broad range of caring talents. Each residence is licensed as an adult care facility through the State of Ohio. Dedicated staff members, including a staff LPN, provide individualized assistance with medication, daily activities and recreation.

Our residents enjoy a variety of daily activities, as well as home-cooked meals in a quiet, private atmosphere.

We take all of the additional fees you would normally be charged and include those as Amenities under the same cost. The Amenities are:

•Transportation to appointments,
•Shopping or family visits
•Living Expenses:
•Groceries
•Cable
•Telephone
•Laundry services
•On-site beautician

Personal Senior Care Homes of West Chester offers this unique individualized care to you and your loved one at a cost even less than traditional assisted living venues, where self-pay residents get the same services as those on Medicare/Medicaid. Once you’ve visited this new concept of care, you’ll immediately see there is no comparison.