Cottingham Retirement Community - Cincinnati, OH

Our Assisted Living offers residents a little extra support. You might compare it to when you just started riding a bike and needed someone to be there with you, just in case you started to wobble a bit, you knew someone was there to help. You are in control and can pick and choose when you need it and when you don’t. So that’s easy, right? Just a little helping hand and ours is within arm’s reach every day. Families stick together to help each other…that’s everything we do.

Beautiful,clean,cheerful place with awesome amenities. Apartment very spacious and nice outdoor areas.I especially liked the safety features for independent living such as GOD tracking and wellness check first thing in the am. Certainly a top of the line place.

Just like being on a cruise ship

My dad is doing extremely well since moving here. He loves it and we are more than pleased with the community. He is still trying to get into a daily routine but he is doing better. He has joined some actives and is enjoying them. The staff is extremely friendly and attentive and very accommodating. In fact, his case worker keeps in constant contact with me if she has any kind of concerns she feels I need to know about.
The food we think is very good we have had a couple of meals there.
The staff does not pressure you into doing anything it's almost the mind set of a cruise you can do as much as you want or as little as you want.

A little pricey!

This community is exceptionally nice . The feel though that I got when I was there was dark and cold. The dining hall is great and very nice. The only thing that was the problem was that the price was a little bit more than expected.

Good Community, My Tour Was Nice

I had a pretty good tour of this facility. This is a nice community with kind people. The community from what I saw looked nice and clean. Everything appeared well maintained. The staff was kind and friendly. They were also informative, and answered my questions. This community just wasn't the right match for my mother and her needs.

Our Father's New Home

We found the facility to be clean and caring. The staff is kind but sometimes not as present as we would like. There are activities for the residents that are well planned.

Mom's Care

This is a great community. Very clean. The food is excellent and the food needs some improvement and needs to be served warm. I was happy with the activities that they are offering my mom to help her stay active. I would over all recommend this community to other families.

Friendly, attentive staff

Overall our experience with Cottingham Retirement Community has been a good one. It's a nice looking place, the people seem friendly, and I appreciate how good the staff is about checking on residents when they don't come out for meals or activities.

A great assisted living community

We have only had a friend living there for about 4 weeks. Up to this point it has been a very welcoming place with many activities for the residents. It is extremely clean and the caregivers have been very helpful and friendly. I think this place was a real find.

A search for a special home for a loved one

Our friend has only been there a short time but all the people at Cottingham have been so supportive to him and to those of us who are trying to help him get established in his new home. His insurance company has created a few challenges but Cottingham is really working with us to get them resolved. The facility is absolutely beautiful and there are many activities for the residents to take part in. I hope this helps someone in their search for a special home for a loved one.

New resident

My mother recently moved into Cottingham and I believe it has the potential to be a wonderful experience; however, some areas need to be improved. My biggest issue has been the medications. On the day of move-in, I had to seek out the nurse to hand over her medications. I was given no instructions concerning Cottingham's administration of medications. In the month that followed I was continually contacted to tell me this or that medication had run out. By asking questions I eventually sorted out what had to be done to make this go smoothly. Also, I believe the facility is understaffed. One aide per floor is insufficient. The majority of the time no one is manning the desk on her floor when I visit and no one ever answers the phone or returns phone calls. Lots of promises of personal attention are made during the sales process that so far are not being provided. My hope is with continued advocacy on my part my mother will begin receiving the personal care promised.

Informative, but didn't know all the answers to my question. Rooms size good location of bathroom to bed room not the best fit for my mom. Price manageable depending on what extra service fees cost.

Unhappy with Followup

After a tour of the facilities, in which I was impressed with the offerings and thought I had a good conversation with the initial contact, Margaret - we thought we had found the right place. However, Margaret has not returned followup phone calls or emails from myself, my sister or our aplaceformom representative since my visit. I can only come to the conclusion that they don't want my mother, and they have been both rude and uncaring in their communications with us about that. You may not want to trust your loved one to that kind of care.

Very pleased!

Our experience with Cottingham Retirement Community has been a very good one, we're quite pleased with them! It's a nice clean place, and always very well kept. The staff is friendly, accommodating, and professional. I'd give them high marks across the board!

Seems nice but a bit pricey

Nice place, overall

Overall I think they do a good job at Cottingham Retirement Community, They've got a really great variety of activities and events, and an excellent meal service. The employees here are friendly and professional, and for the most part they take great care of the people who live here. However, we did have an issue with their medication service. My loved ones have been here a few weeks, and it turns out that up until a few days ago they had not been receiving all of the medications that they were supposed to. This has been resolved now, but I do think their medication service could use a little work.

I can not say enough about Cottingham

We toured here when we were looking for options. I can not say enough about Cottingham Retirement Community. I will consider this community when my parents are ready to move.

Love Cottingham!

Mom has been here for over a year. She has her own apartment in independent living, and can have her precious cats with her. She is a very social person, and Cottingham has a lot of social activities. They have weekly transportation to grocery store, planned outings, live entertainment, craft room, greenhouse, courtyard, pool, excerise room, library, pub, great food served at the dining room. The staff is friendly, and very concerned about her. They come in weekly and do housecleaning, and have medical assistance on site.

I would recommend Cottingham to anyone who is looking for a place for an older person to come alive again. I appreciate knowing that she is enjoying this part of her life, and she is being taken care of.

We are profoundly greatful to have fo...

We are profoundly greatful to have found Cottingham for my mom Eileen Loveland. She is safe, happy and so well cared for. There's not a day goes by that she does not tell me of something different, crazy, happy, pleasant for the residents to do and the very best conditions to do them in. We cannot say enough good about management, staff and their services. We are truly blessed to have Cottingham and to have a mother so very happy to be living there.

Excellent care and activities!

My Dad is very happy here! They've got all kinds of activities to keep everyone entertained, and the care provided is excellent. For the most part the staff are all very friendly, helpful, and great about keeping me updated on Dad's condition. We'd used this facility in the past for a loved one, and they're doing an equally good job this time around.

Very friendly staff!

The staff here are extremely friendly, and very accommodating! They really go out of their way to learn about the best way to care for each resident, and get to know them personally. The resident advisor that I have been working with, Darla, has been nothing but stellar in regards to making sure that all of our needs are taken care of and all of our questions get answered.

Cottingham - Relief for a daughter so far away!

When we first visited Cottingham, my sister-in-law and I were impressed. The staff was friendly and proud, the facility was clean and it didn't smell "like an old folks home!" When we took the tour, the manager talked with residents by name and everyone was smiling and seemed to be happy to be there.

When we were able to finally able to move my parents into the facility, they were very helpful and accommodating. They know the challenges and were there to help us! My mom has fallen several times and they are always there to help her.

We are very happy to have our parents at Cottingham!

Not for us

We toured this location when looking into options for our loved one. It was an older building, and everything just looked a bit dreary. Nothing outright negative about it, but we didn't like the atmosphere compared to others that we had seen.

Very nice. The lady who too...

Very nice. The lady who took on the tour was nice, but couldn't answer a lot of questions. Guess she was filling in. Darla will be following up to answer my questions.

Visited 7.24. Liked it bet...

Visited 7.24. Liked it better than I expected to -- it's GROWN with the demand! Also a bit less expensive than I expected.

Excellent activities. Loved the 1 be...

Excellent activities. Loved the 1 bedroom apartment. Certainly, number 1 on our list so far.

Received tour from Activities Directo...

Received tour from Activities Director who was very friendly and very thorough. Very homey feel. Nice location. Apartment was nice and affordable. Definitely will consider.

Very nice. Clean, bright. Variety of ...

Very nice. Clean, bright. Variety of levels. Studios are spacious enough for her. Help with meds. Lots of activities on 1st floor. Medicaid for nursing home area, not for dementia locked wing. Centrally located.

We checked this one out and we love it.

We checked this one out and we love it.

Awesome place. Again clean, enjoyabl...

Awesome place. Again clean, enjoyable with a slightly smaller studio. Slightly less cost. Freindly staff and happy residents. Many activiies and wider choices of dining opportunities. More places to explore inside and outside. A gem!

We loved this place.