Barrington of West Chester - West Chester, OH

Nice, but not What We Wanted

I toured Barrington and thought it was very nice. However, I did not like that the only available apartment they had at the time was in a corner of the building and that my loved one would have had to do downstairs herself to get her medication instead of having it brought to her. it just did not seem to be what we wanted.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your visit at Barrington of West Chester did not live up to the expectations we strive for. It’s important to us that we understand and address your concerns, so we invite you to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number. Thank you again for your input, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Highly Recommend

My mom lives at Barrington of West Chester, we are extremely greatful for the staff making her feel like home. Everyone is very helpful and meets all her needs, making it easy on all of us. I highly recommend Barrington and we couldn't be more satisfied. When mom is happy everyone is happy!

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate your confidence in us and we're so pleased that your mom is enjoying her home at Barrington of West Chester!

Warning

I strongly caution anyone searching for a place for their loved ones to totally do your homework before entering into any contract at Barrington of west Chester. They evaluated our mother before accepting her and assured us that they could absolutely take care of her. In addition to the monthly fee, there is a $5,000. NON-REFUNDABLE deposit. After only a couple of weeks they realized that they couldn't take care of her after all and they informed us that we had to find her another facility and, in the meantime, they required that we provide 24 hour care while she remains in their facility. We all work so we had to hire Visiting Angels which was another huge additional expense on top of what we were already paying. It was only assumed that, under circumstances, they would automatically offer to return the $5,000 deposit but they merely reminded us that it was non-refundable. An already emotional time because an absolute nightmare and created an huge financial hardship on the family. I not only would no recommend this place - I would highly warn against taking a loved one there. The facility itself is absolutely beautiful but the experience was awful. They are very under staffed.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your feedback. Our experienced, caring staff at the Barrington of West Chester, has a strict process for evaluating residents.
We take great pride in guiding families to see if we are a good fit and do our best to be honest and thorough.
Rarely and unfortunately, our process does not always account for a resident to rapidly decline, especially when dementia is involved. The Barrington of West Chester is well staffed with a terrific team, and we would appreciate the opportunity to have our Executive Director speak with you further if you have any additional questions. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our main line; thank you again for your time.

I was there last week. It is lovely and relatively reasonable. I found out last night that my in-law cousin's mom is in assisted living there. She's comfortable there, and my husband's cousin is thrilled with the care she is getting there.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review; we are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

LOVED IT! [Removed] was great and the community was open and beautifully cared for. The rooms are very nice, just waiting to see when the room becomes available and In-Laws stamp of approval.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for sharing your review of Barrington of West Chester! We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

Care and options

This was the nice tour. The staff was nice and friendly. They did not have the first floor. We knew that the layout of the community and we did not want her having an elevator due to it being difficult. We did not feel safe here due to the layout. This is a community that has a lot of options. We would recommend that families tour this community due to the different types of care with the other residents.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review; we appreciate your feedback and are glad you visited!

We really enjoyed touring Barrington with [Removed]. We ended up at another closer location, but the apartments here are beautiful. Nice architectural details and welcoming staff.

A positive experience!

My mother is doing very well since her move here. The staff and residents are all very friendly, she has made a lot of new friends. They have daily activities from bingo, to exercise, to church. The place is clean and they serve 3 meals a day, we are happy with our choice!

Excellent Care for Mom

The is a excellent community. The staff is excellent and very caring. The meals are wonderful. Alot of great activities. Highly recommend for other families.

Thanks for your care of my mom

Thank you to the staff at the Barrington of West Chester for taking such good care of my mom over the years. Everyone was very kind and showed great compassion. Everything that was every done for her is greatly appreciated. Thanks to all!!

Toured, very nice looking but not a good fit for us

We toured this community while looking into senior living options for a loved one. I thought Barrington of West Chester seemed like a very nice place, but it wouldn't be a good fit for Mom. It has a very fancy, country club vibe to it, and I know Mom would be comfortable somewhere a little more down-to-earth. They're definitely worth a look if that is the sort of atmosphere you enjoy, though!

Great so far with one area of weakness

So far it's a wonderful place for mom to call home. The apartments are very nice and clean, there are countless interesting and fun activities, the staff and director are incredibly warm and friendly (lots of high school and college kids serving meals in the dining room which helps bring a youthful element to the Barrington), and the common areas are very nice and clean. Our only disappointment is that we don't get access to records of the care that's given, that we pay extra for, how often she eats and what activities she's in. They should reach out to those who are new and have some memory issues to remind them to eat and take part in the great activities.

SLC Midwest

I appreciate your kind review of the Barrington of West Chester, however I feel your expectations have not been met and do wish to correct any wrong communication. We do pride ourselves in keeping all resident records secure in compliance with all STATE and HIPAA regulations. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me, Stephanie Wehrman, Executive Director, at [removed] or any of our staff to assist to help make your mother’s new home a wonderful experience.

Always beautiful, especially at Christmas!

My mother fell in love with the Barrington of West as soon as she entered the lobby at Christmas time. The decorations are amazing and my mother loved them. Christmas was always her favorite time of the year. Prior to that she never talked about moving up to this area from her home in Florida. The staff at the Barrington of West Chester was so good to her and she was SO HAPPY here. I would recommend the Barrington of West Chester to anyone!!

Mallory

5 STAR BARRINGTON OF WEST CHESTER

My family moved my father to the Cincinnati area from Florida due to declining health; the Barrington of West Chester made him feel independent and good about himself. The staff were PHENOMENAL in all aspects - from the dining room to the concierge to the administration. Thank you Barrington of West Chester for all you did for my father. I would recommend anyone move to the BWC.

Staff is so nice and caring

It is satisfying to know that my Dad is at a facility where the staff is so nice and caring. The staff could definitely improve upon their communication with each other. No one seems to know what the other is doing. This caused a little confusion with my Dad, but overall a great place.

OUTSTANDING

Everyone is outstanding from ED to housekeeping to dietary, ALL great! The staff really show how they enjoy their jobs and are always very helpful. The community is very well kept, clean and so nice. The Barrington of West Chester has so many activities for residents to choose from and the happy hour entertainment is always enjoyable. I would definitely refer someone to BWC.

Mixed experience

We had a mixed experience with the Barrington of West Chester. The community itself is very nice looking, clean, and well kept. However, the level of care did not end up being a good match for my client. In addition I felt the response times to their call buttons was slow.

SLC Midwest

The Barrington of West Chester always strives to exceed expectations.
We are sorry you did not feel our care did not match the needs of your client.
I invite you to reach out to me directly at [removed] to determine why you feel we failed with your client and how we can improve our services moving forward.

Lisa Fey, Director of Sales and Marketing

Fantastice place to live

My father was a resident for 4+ years at the Barrington of West Chester. He passed away last month and I wanted to share my families thoughts:
Many senior living communities have very nice facilities(common areas, dining room, exercise and nursing care, etc.) which the Barrington has all these, but I believe the Barrington has 2 SPECIAL qualities. 1) The care and love the staff has for the residents is truly amazing and this includes ALL of the staff. It is much easier to leave your parent in the care of others when you know whose providing the care, love what they do and the residents. All members of the staff are very special people. 2) The amount of activities that are available to the residents is fantastic. Everyone can do as much or as little as they want to do. My father enjoyed the activities and I believe this kept him young and it was important for dad to stay as active as he could and the staff provided these opportunities for him. He always felt like he had a purpose at the Barrington and this is what kept him going. Thank you.
Jack Huesing

Love it!

Words cannot describe how much we love the staff and team at the Barrington of West Chester. From the moment we requested a tour as a prospective resident, our experience has been nothing but spectacular! My father in-law could not be in a better place and for that we are deeply grateful. It doesn't get any better than the Barrington of West Chester and will/do refer people there as often as we can.

GREAT

My father was at the Barrington of West Chester from April - September of 2014; when he came he needed minimal care, however, as the months passed and his health deteriorated, the staff was FANTASTIC. I would highly recommend the Barrington of WC and the food was excellent. I gained 10 pounds in those months having dinner with my father!!!

Good respite care!

My loved one was here for a short respite stay, and overall I thought the Barrington of West Chester did a good job with the respite care. The management staff were all very responsive and outgoing, and they put a lot of effort into making sure my loved one felt welcome and comfortable. I will say that I think they could improve the food, however.

Would recommend living at the Barrington of WC

I visit the Barrington of West Chester as a nurse, on a professional level and not only is it beautiful, but so welcoming! It's very apparent as soon as you walk into the community, the staff are so friendly and interested in helping. The residents I have seen are quite happy living at the Barrington and I would most definitely recommend living here to family or friend.

Barrington of West Chester is family!!!!

My brother has lived at the Barrington of West Chester 3+ yrs. I can't thank the staff enough for all the love and care he continually receives. I felt the quality of care, the community itself and size of the apartment was a perfect fit. The staff at the Barrington is very accommodating - from front desk, to sales, accounting office, activities, the dietary team/chef, housekeeping, chauffeur, maintenance and Director, the Barrington runs like a "well oiled machine". Thank you for all that you continue to do, going above and beyond the call of duty within your field of work. You are truly an extended part of our family.

Review of Barrington of West Chester Alzheimer's / Memory Care in West Chester, OH

Very nice, very upscale, very impressive tour, need to visit it again.

Nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for my loved one. This was a nice looking community, and the staff were all very friendly. However, this facility felt more like a nice hotel to me than a place that my loved one would be comfortable living.

"5-Star Hotel Living"

When my mother said that it was time to move from her home of 47 years and relocate closer to my family, I jumped at the chance to show her The Barrington of West Chester. She fell in love with it - and we couldn't say enough nice things about her experience there. The staff really cares about the residents - and they work very hard to make sure that everyone who lives there is comfortable and has a good time. My mother's move to The Barrington was a great move for all of us.

Staff Promotes A Caring Community

My father was a resident (both independent and assisted living) for almost three years. The staff was very attentive, and when he had to go on to assisted living the nursing staff was very supportive and communicated with me on a regular basis (I am 800 miles away). In addition, the housekeeping staff acted as a second set of eyes and ears and communicated with me during my personal visits. The residents of Barrington provide strong support for ech other, and I give credit to the the entire staff for promoting an atmosphere where that is encouraged. Because of a total caring community, my father enjoyed a very high quality of life at Barrington until health issues forced hospitalization and then his passing.

Month-+Deposit-Ind/Assist m...

Month-+Deposit-Ind/Assist mixed-clean-friendly staff-rehab/exercise room-1 meal ??Exit-30 day notice, die, out of $$? ??Security after hours? 1=681=$2700 2=1050=3200

Tour of facility was very good. the ...

Tour of facility was very good. the Director was extremely helpful and gave us insight on the disease mom has based on her father-in-law.

The Barrington of West Chester provides independent and assisted living apartments. Located between Four-Bridges Golf Course and the Voice of America Park, it’s an ideal setting, close to shops, restaurants, and medical and service providers.

Independent and Assisted Living – Barrington of West Chester The four-story Barrington of West Chester overlooks green vistas. Choose from eight different one-and-two bedroom floor plans. Whichever floor plan you choose, your new apartment will come equipped with washer and dryer, cable TV, weekly housekeeping, and our Elcombe Security Link System (this state-of-the-art phone system provides a link with our Resident Care Coordinators for your health and security). And most apartments have a balcony or patio. Once you venture out from your apartment, you can take advantage of our formal dining room (with master chef), beauty/barber shop, spa/massage room, fitness center, movie theater, craft area, sundry store, and Nineteenth Hole gathering lounge.

What if you need an extra pair of hands? A little help fastening buttons or tying shoes? Someone to steady you as you step in the shower? A person to keep all those pills from getting confused? With Assisted Living at the Barrington, you have that extra pair of hands, and a smile to go with them. And it all happens within the comfort of your spacious apartment – and if you require more assistance, you won't have to move, you'll stay in your apartment and receive the increased care you need.

So don’t let the need for assistance take over your life. Our caregivers make those frustrations go away, so that you can get back to doing the things you enjoy.