Review of Artis Senior Living

Well maintained facility. Love the food. Lots of activities and access to outdoor porches and walking paths. Quarterly meetings with families and mgmt. Mgmt staff does not have turnover. Aides could use more training in understanding Alzheimer's and how to handle it, but are trained well in general care giving. Other facilities may boast the same amenities but this facility actually follows through and does what they say.

Amy DePreker

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Artis of Mason! We strive to create positive partnerships in the care of our residents and families. Your feedback is extremely important to us and we will take your comments to help improve the training of our associates. Thank you for your continued appreciation of what we do!

Review of Artis Senior Living

Well maintained facility. Love the food. Lots of activities and access to outdoor porches and walking paths. Quarterly meetings with families and mgmt. Mgmt staff does not have turnover. Aides could use more training in understanding Alzheimer's and hot to handle it, but are trained well in general caregiving. Other facilities may boast the same amenities, but this facility actually follows thru and does what they say.

Amy DePreker

While looking for a facility for my Father I needed something close to a hospital and that came pre-furnished. This community is clean and they do a great job of offering a wide range of activities. They have things like music entertainment, churches that come in for services, crafts, and bingo. There is only one drawback that is very unfortunate. I don’t feel like their medical staff is up to par. My dad came into this facility with special medical needs and they didn’t follow the specific doctor instructions. Everyone was pleasant here but with his medical situation, it just wasn’t a good fit. I would recommend this community to people who are medically stable.

Review of Artis Senior Living of Mason - Mason, OH

Artis is a very special place. My mother age 103 has been a resident for 1 ½ years. Everyone is so kind and caring. I tell everyone how wonderful this place is.

Review of Artis Senior Living of Mason - Mason, OH

My family member lives at Artis of Mason. We have been very satisfied with the staff, the food and the overall care of our mother. The activities are great, more than other communities offer and approximate for people with dementia. Very friendly community.

I have been very happy with the care my dad has received. He’s been there for 2 years and has stayed very healthy considering his advanced age (97+) and pre-existing health issues. He really enjoys the activities and the staff really knows him well. I always feel like they genuinely care about him. Artis is not perfect – nowhere is – but they always respond to concerns and I feel they are true partners.

Kind, caring, supportive staff. A great place!

Enjoyed My Tour

I enjoyed my tour of this community. It is a nice facility with kind people. I toured it for my mother, and her needs. My tour went well. The community looked nice from what I saw. The staff I met was helpful, and my questions were answered. The only issue I had was there was not any showers in the rooms, and I didn't think this would be the right fit for my mother.

I Looked At Different Options

I was not able to take a tour of this facility due to time constraints. From information I received and in talking to the Artis representative, the community looked like a very nice and modern place. This is a newer facility and, if I remember correctly, it is memory care only. They didn't allow pets, and I didn't see a home setting that would let my mom be comfortable.

Good Respite Stay

This is a really nice community, and I was pleased with my mothers respite stay experience. It is a fairly new community, so everything is spotless. The staff is good, they were kind, and friendly. I knew she was safe, and in good hands. I would recommend this community, and also return for another respite stay experience. It is a great facility.

Outstanding Staff at This Community

So far everything is working out pretty well since my husbands move to this community. They are providing him with good care, and I'am satisfied. This is a pleasant community with an outstanding staff. They are caring for him, and his needs very well. He enjoys the activities they have available. The meals are nice, he says the food is good. This community has worked out very well for us, and I would recommend it.

Nice Decor with Neighborhood Themes

This facility is designed with 4 neighborhoods ~ each with a theme and nicely decorated. (Beach ~ Victorian) Each neighborhood had its own dining room and gathering space. Each single bedroom has its own toilet, but the shower was down the hall and shared by the patients in the neighborhood. (I didn't care for this set-up because older people can have infections or accidents.) The staff was friendly, informative and answered my questions. There was an enclosed back yard with a path for walkers or wheelchairs. From what I saw everything appeared to be well maintained. It is a nice place, but not the place for us.

Pleasant Tour, But Not The Place For My Mother

This is a nice community, and my tour went well. The staff was kind and courteous. My questions were answered, and they were informative as well. The community appeared to be well-kept. From what they showed everything was nice and clean. It was a pleasant tour, but this wasn't the place for my mother.

This community seems like one big family!!

They offer a variety of daily activities and mom is always involved in one. She is making a lot of new friends. She is on a special diet and she seems to like the food. They keep the community clean. I would recommend this community. The staff are professional, friendly and seem happy to work there.

I would recommend Artis Senior Living of Mason!!!

I have tried the food at this care home and it is good. They offer healthy choices for the residents. The home is kept clean. The staff are very nice and encourage my mom to participate in some of the daily activities offered. They also help her with her personnel needs.

Wonderful place!

They do a wonderful job at Artis Senior Living! The entire community just has a warm, friendly, family feel to it. The staff could not be more caring and helpful! I like that the aides and nurses don't have specific jobs or tasks, everyone helps out with everything, it really makes it feel like one big family. They've got a full schedule of activities to keep everyone active and entertained, and they're great about encouraging the residents to participate. It's just a super place, and I haven't heard a negative word about it from any of the other families I have spoken to with loved ones here!

Artis Senior Living of Mason is an assisted living community located in the family-friendly town of Mason, Warren County, Ohio. Our scenic community is located on 4.5 acres of beautiful, green land. Mason is a wonderful place to live, and an exciting place for family and friends to visit.

Artis Senior Living of Mason is dedicated to providing seniors with the care that they require. We pride ourselves on our memory care program that includes individually designed programs catered around our dementia and Alzheimer's residents. The care and comfort of each of our residents is a priority. We want our residents to feel comfortable and safe, and a licensed nurse is available 24 hours a day.

In addition to the dedication of the safety and health of our seniors, we also offer a variety of amenities to encourage sociability and entertainment. A few of these amenities include:

Daily maid service and trash removal
Personal laundry service
Numerous scenic outdoor courtyards, including many walking trails
On-site beauty and barber shop
Scheduled group trips
Planned daily entertainment activities
Holiday activities and family socials
Artis Senior Living of Mason is proud of its community and we welcome you to join us for entertainment, relaxation, and peace of mind.