Alamo Heights Health & Rehab Center - San Antonio, TX

• Recreational & Social Activities

My mom was very happy here, but if I had not called I wouldn't have known how she was doing. The only problem that I had is that there was not very good communication between the staff. The head nurse, social worker, and staff checked in on her to make sure she was doing okay. The people that I spoke to were quite knowledgeable and happy. They informed me well, but only when I called.

The nurses are fantastic. Some of the staff are bitter. I understand that they are busy, but they don't have to be so [Removed]. The facility is very clean, beautiful.

My loved one has had a wound for a while, but within a week of being there, it's almost totally healed. He says the food is a little bland.

I never heard from anyone there about my loved one's care.

They've been very informative, I've gotten several phone calls from them and they made sure we both understood everything financially and medically. They were very patient with all of our questions.

The meals are not the greatest in the world, but they're filling. It's more difficult to get information from them than I would like. It can take a few passes to get the information I need.

I think they are all doing their very best to accommodate my mother. The food looked fine to me, but she didn't like it.

My loved one has had a hard time adjusting. She's fallen three times since she's been there, so they've changed her medication and she's doing a lot better.

My dad was here last year, and so I'm able to compare, and I can say that the quality of the facility has gone down since that visit. When we came into the room at first, my dad needed a safety rail, but they didn't have one, so he slept on the floor the first night. They did bring him in a bed with a safety rail the next day. His room is not cleaned very often. He loves the meals. I ask questions and for the nurses to step in, and they are all accommodating. They have not really been keeping me informed, though

We weren't even through with the check in process when I moved my loved one somewhere else. They were understaffed and undertrained. They tried to be friendly, but they seemed tired and overworked. It wasn't sparkling clean, I saw some people with dinner trays sitting in front of them over 2 or more hours. My loved one enjoyed the food and I had a meal there and it was good.

It was good overall. I feel like we are getting our money's worth.

It was good overall. I feel like we are getting our money's worth. Sometimes getting a response could be a little slow. The food is good I would give it a 4.5, the only thing that could be better would be getting it to her, the food has to be cut, into smaller pieces. Maybe they are a little short staffed, making this difficult. Sometimes in memory care things will turn up missing, but this is to be expected. . The administrator was very helpful.

Alamo Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center is a 162 bed skilled nursing facility, licensed by the State of Texas, providing both long-term and short-term care. Our programs are directed by independent, board-certified physician specialists with the guidance of an independent Medical Director.
Our values are demonstrated by the dedication and commitment of our caring staff that promote courtesy, dignity, and respect for both residents and their families. We provide professional and loving care to our residents, easing the minds of their loved ones by providing quality of care and quality of life.