Alamo Heights Health & Rehab Center - San Antonio, TX

• Recreational & Social Activities

Review of Alamo Heights Health & Rehab

My son was there ten years ago, and they took perfect and excellent care of him. When I went back to see about putting my husband there, I enjoyed it, and he likes it there. The nurses are excellent. It is very clean. It does not have a bad or urine smell. It smells nice. The admissions director has explained everything in detail. I really appreciate this.

Review of Alamo Heights Health & Rehab

The staff is friendly and had everything ready. They have good communication there. My loved one is eating. It is clean, but the building is older.

Review of Alamo Heights Health & Rehab

They have all been nice and attended to my loved one's needs. So far, it is pretty clean, and the communication has been good.

Review of Alamo Heights Health & Rehab Center

They have been very informative and have suggested other services that my father could get.

Review of Alamo Heights Health & Rehab Center

They took care of my loved one. He is a handful. They update me.

Review of Alamo Heights Health & Rehab Center

The staff is all really great and helpful. There haven't been any issues. There's a weekend nurse who is great. The admissions administrator is fabulous. I am excellently informed because I'm there every day. They're definitely good at answering questions. I could see how if someone had a family that didn't come and check on them, that maybe they wouldn't get a lot of feedback, because they've never called me.

Review of Alamo Heights Health & Rehab Center

Everything is running pretty smoothly. They could do a little better on communication. Everybody is really nice.

Review of Alamo Heights Health & Rehab Center

Overall, the facility is doing very well considering my father's situation. The therapists work him a lot, and that is one area that my father mentioned is good. It seems like the nurses are short staffed, but they do the best job they can. The meals are great. He really enjoys them.

Review of Alamo Heights Health & Rehab Center

My loved one has some good nurses on the weekend and he loves his three therapists. The nurses are real good with him. I met one aide who was real nice, but my loved one gets a real bad headache and he asks for Tylenol and they do not come back with the Tylenol. It is very clean. They are real good about keeping me informed.

Review of Alamo Heights Health & Rehab Center

Overall the place was clean and the people were nice. There were too many patients roaming around in my loved one's room unattended.

My mom was very happy here, but if I had not called I wouldn't have known how she was doing. The only problem that I had is that there was not very good communication between the staff. The head nurse, social worker, and staff checked in on her to make sure she was doing okay. The people that I spoke to were quite knowledgeable and happy. They informed me well, but only when I called.

The nurses are fantastic. Some of the staff are bitter. I understand that they are busy, but they don't have to be so [Removed]. The facility is very clean, beautiful.

My loved one has had a wound for a while, but within a week of being there, it's almost totally healed. He says the food is a little bland.

I never heard from anyone there about my loved one's care.

They've been very informative, I've gotten several phone calls from them and they made sure we both understood everything financially and medically. They were very patient with all of our questions.

The meals are not the greatest in the world, but they're filling. It's more difficult to get information from them than I would like. It can take a few passes to get the information I need.

I think they are all doing their very best to accommodate my mother. The food looked fine to me, but she didn't like it.

My loved one has had a hard time adjusting. She's fallen three times since she's been there, so they've changed her medication and she's doing a lot better.

My dad was here last year, and so I'm able to compare, and I can say that the quality of the facility has gone down since that visit. When we came into the room at first, my dad needed a safety rail, but they didn't have one, so he slept on the floor the first night. They did bring him in a bed with a safety rail the next day. His room is not cleaned very often. He loves the meals. I ask questions and for the nurses to step in, and they are all accommodating. They have not really been keeping me informed, though

We weren't even through with the check in process when I moved my loved one somewhere else. They were understaffed and undertrained. They tried to be friendly, but they seemed tired and overworked. It wasn't sparkling clean, I saw some people with dinner trays sitting in front of them over 2 or more hours. My loved one enjoyed the food and I had a meal there and it was good.

It was good overall. I feel like we are getting our money's worth.

It was good overall. I feel like we are getting our money's worth. Sometimes getting a response could be a little slow. The food is good I would give it a 4.5, the only thing that could be better would be getting it to her, the food has to be cut, into smaller pieces. Maybe they are a little short staffed, making this difficult. Sometimes in memory care things will turn up missing, but this is to be expected. . The administrator was very helpful.

Alamo Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center is a 162 bed skilled nursing facility, licensed by the State of Texas, providing both long-term and short-term care. Our programs are directed by independent, board-certified physician specialists with the guidance of an independent Medical Director.
Our values are demonstrated by the dedication and commitment of our caring staff that promote courtesy, dignity, and respect for both residents and their families. We provide professional and loving care to our residents, easing the minds of their loved ones by providing quality of care and quality of life.