Parkwood Healthcare Community - Bedford, TX

My experience with this facility has been 5 Star. I learned of it by word of mouth. I moved my mother here from another well known facility in Bedford after a fall. I am so happy we were able to get her in - they have a waiting list. This place is busy, and full of life. The staff from the Social Worker, nurses and nursing assistants have been no less than exceptional. After recovery in their skilled nursing wing, she moved to their assisted living wing. We have received excellent service from Admissions to Nursing, therapy, activities director, nurses aides, kitchen staff, handy man and anyone in between. Just what the Doctor ordered!! Mom has been handled with great care and treated with respect and consideration. Her transition from one wing to another has been good due to their attention to her and her situation. The Head Nurse in the assisted wing works tirelessly to ensure everything is in order and runs smoothly. The residents there seem very happy as well. In summary - We are glad we have selected this facility for mom and know she is well cared for.

[name removed], go somewhere where you have no contact with people!

[name removed], the Social Worker is the most unfriendly, non supportive, non sympathetic person you will ever meet!
This job is not for her! To be in this business, patients and family should come first and she did not help with anything we asked her.
She would laugh at comments and questions asked. It is very sad that she is placed in a facility like this!

Looks can be Deciving

[removed] it has gotten worse and worse. The staff is very moody, their attitude toward the patients is VERY disrespectful! [removed] If your loved one is at Parkwood I pray for you everyday! [removed]

Unsatisfied patient

Parkwood is very understaffed, in the long term area. The wait time to recive help, for the following: going to the restroom, getting in and out of bed, changing clothes, etc. takes 30 minutes to an hour! In addition, going from the dining room back to the bedroom, takes WELL OVER AN HOUR! They are lucky if the have 2 CNA'S in one hall.

I have been very pleased

I have been very pleased with the Parkwood Healthcare Community. My husband has been here for about a year and a half. The staff tries hard. Sometimes it's not easy. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. I have already recommend the Parkwood to others. It's a really nice community with nice people. The value is excellent. They offer a lot of activities. Everything has been great. I'm just really pleased.

Moved My Dad Out

Extremely substandard. My dad was in a room with broken tiles and it had a broken toilet that would just run and they didn't do anything about fixing it. That's why I moved him.

Senior living is simply more enjoyable, more manageable with the right support. The right care. At Parkwood Healthcare Community in Bedford, Texas, the atmosphere is warm. Inviting. A place to call home. But it’s the supportive care that makes it truly special. Medicare certified care. For you. Or for someone you love.At Parkwood Healthcare Community, we’re proud of our warm, welcoming, supportive lifestyle with comfortable surroundings, great things to do, and caring people who are always nearby to lend a hand. But it’s the exceptional quality of care that has earned us our sterling reputation.