Parkview Estates - Kennewick, WA

Very clean facility

I took a tour of this facility with the activities director. The cleanliness is what really stood out to me first. When you look at the other residents, they seem to be smiling a lot and are happy and active. The dining room looked nice from what I could see and there seemed to be plenty of activities available. They even had an ice cream parlor. We needed a place that could provide a furnished room and this place wasn’t able to help us with that so we decided to go with another community.

The apartment kitchen takes up too much space. Has full appliances which mom does not need. They don't do med support to the level mom needs. They don't have the level of comfort I am seeking. Apartment is small, bathroom not well appointed and the room smelled. The menu selection looked meager. Will not go back for full tour.

Opening dining hours

This facility has been very helpful thus far. My Mother has recently been going through some tough times and the staff has been wonderful in being right beside her and helping her. All of the staff members have been treating my mom very well too. I feel like they have been going above and beyond my expectations. One thing that really drew me here is they have opening dining times and she would be able to eat at any time during the day. I really recommend this community.

One of Our Options

We were looking for an independent community for my parents and when we toured with them we had a good tour experience but they were not giving us the best feeling about the atmosphere.

The place was fantastic, but a bit too expensive for my mom, and the studio was so small. Place was nice and clean and the people were so nice. The decorations are dark in the halls, so felt a bit like winter inside.

Friendly staff!!

I also toured Park View Estates a while back. It was a good tour, and the community was clean and maintained well. The people, where were all very friendly and it was a good experience but it was not the best fit for my mother.

Great place!!

I enjoyed my tour of this community, the staff where on time to our appointment and where very professional with the information they provided us. I liked that they had an open floor plan with lots of great amenities available to all of the residents. It was just not the right location for my mother in the end decision.

Suitable for a senior with care needs.

We toured this community when beginning the search for my mother-in-law. We decided on another community but now that her care needs have changed we will most likely be relocating her to Parkview Estates. They have a very friendly staff and the initial tour was a good impression.

Informative Staff!!

The staff at this community where very informative to my loved one and I during our tour. They kept me well informed and gave me lots of helpful information about the different amenities and packages there facility offers. I would defiantly recommend this community to a friend or family member.

Felt just like home!!

My favorite thing about this tour is it had such positive energy throughout the complex and all of the residents seemed to be right at home in there living environment. I was very pleased with how friendly the staff where and how knowledgeable they where about there facility.

Home sweet home

My mom has lived at Parkview for 4 years. We do not share the same experience of the previous poster. We are quite happy and most importantly so is mom.

My mom talks all the time about how Parkview has a variety of selections for them to choose from. They have menus like a restaurant. It is also my understanding that they sometimes have corn dogs and other non conventional items at times per the residents request. These residents have every right to ask for corn dogs and other "goodies" from time to time if that makes their day so be it.

My mom also has a good time with all the activities, especially bingo. I think Parkview moves in a lot of nice people and my mom thrives on that.

This place is always clean and tidy too.

We don't have anything but good things to say and would recommend Parkview to anyone.

Seriously downhill, unfortunately.

Note that the most complimentary reviews are from 2015 and earlier. My mom lives here and informed us the place changed hands around the first of the year (2016). Her neighbor who employed home help was evicted - so much for "assisted" living.

My mom's apartment has a washing machine that was wired backwards, so the hot dial gives cold water and vice versa. Calls about this to maintenance go unheeded. Housekeeping staff seem, in her opinion, less motivated than when the place was managed by the previous owner.

The food has gone steadily downhill. It's now one choice of meat at dinner with one vegetable where before there were multiple options for main protein and side dishes. The other night they served Polish sausage and sauerkraut, period, great for those who like it, a complete fail for those who don't, or worse, those who have a condition that won't allow them to eat such fare. If you have ulcers, diabetes, or any condition requiring a specific diet you're now out of luck. Mom's been shopping for groceries and doing her own cooking but she's still has to pay for food she can no longer bear to eat.

Corn dogs and similar fast food are now what passes for lunch. Despite this downgrading of the food there's been no lowering of cost to live here. My mom isn't the only resident looking around for another place to live and we can't wait to help her make the move.

Home for Helen

This place seemed like home. Megan, who showed me everything, was genuine to me and in her interactions with residents. The light in their eyes and smiles told me much about her honest friendship and their contentedness.

Several places I viewed, the residence were not in common areas. I wondered if they were more content behind closed doors. At Parkview many were in groups, talking and out in the open.

Probably the telling point for me was the vendor selling cosmetics who whispered, "I go to all of them and this is the nicest." Great unasked for comment.

Great place with some issues

My mom requires a higher level of care while on hospice and they have been able to accommodate her very well. They have had some staffing issues, and we believe it is because the upper management is not too kind to staff and they quit. But it is a beautiful facility. They do not clean my mom's room as well as they should, but that's not important right now. The food has gone downhill considerably since we first brought my mom here in 2015, and she has since lost a lot of weight (not only because of the food, but partly). Many residents are complaining about the food, and my husband and I used to enjoy eating there; we don't anymore. Overall, it is a beautiful facility with friendly staff (management is a little rough).

My mom and I went on a tour today at Parkview. Happy seniors everywhere. The most happiest seniors that I've seen in any one place. Megan was a great hostess and tour guide.

very impressed

They are right on top of taking care of my mother which I really appreciate. We have been very impressed. She really enjoys the housekeeping. It has been a very good all around experience.

very good

Everything with Parkview Estates has been very good. They have a lot of good things for my mother in law to do to keep her actively engaged and everyone there is super friendly and helpful. Prior to the move in there she was not too active and she is doing much better now.

Improvements In Food Needed

Need to get my parents to eat more care staff of dining room needs to improve that. The overall facility is ok parents seem happy as they can be.

They are 100% great!

They are 100% great! My dad is very happy where he is, and we are happy too. Parkview is perfect! We don't have any concerns, the staff is good, and it's clean.

They are doing a great job.

They are doing a great job. They are clean, and friendly, and responsive and attentive. They have something going everyday there. The food is pretty good, I think it maybe they could use more variety in their choices. They were hands down better than everywhere else we checked. They were so friendly, and so informative, and gave us lots of information. The salesperson I spoke with, didn't seem to be trying to "pitch me", and she was very accommodating.

Just perfect! Beautiful bui...

Just perfect! Beautiful building with a very caring staff.

assurance

Parkview Estates has been a superb placement for my mom. She needs some care yet they afford independence for her. Beautiful facility, Excellent meals, activities and caring personnel. They take time to learn about the person who lives there and their family. They make special accomodations for the family if there is a special occasion. Housekeeping is excellent. Always ready to answer questions and correct things that are not right. I would highly recommend this facility. It is almost like living in a hotel.

Attractive community with good prices

Parkview Estates is a very clean community that offers good prices which they can adjust to try and help your needs. They have a lot of activities to keep the residents busy if they choose to participate. The staff and residents are friendly and helpful. The residents seem to really be happy and several months later they are still happy. It is in a good location and is really a very attractive community. They have two small flower gardens outside and the interior is very nicely decorated. They also have nice places for residents to walk so they can get some exercise. We are very pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone.

It's wonderful!

We are so, so happy! The staff is probably the main reason we chose Parkview Estates. They are so helpful and so kind. It's beautiful and very clean. She has a third story room with views of the hills and sky.

Very nice, style is like Riverton. Un...

Very nice, style is like Riverton. Unassited apt included 3 meals, does not included phone. Reserved a 1 bdr apt which is refundable. Option to stay a few nights in a furnished apt to try it out. Also option to stay in apt while we move her belongings in. Also have a special where months 2 & 6 are offered free.

At Parkview Estates Senior Living Community we pride ourselves on offering you choices that allow you to live your life the way you want. At Parkview Estates we believe life is yours for the taking. It's a simple concept that means you can take comfort in your surroundings, take control of your time, and be part of our community.

Our retirement and assisted living lifestyle meets the diverse and changing needs of today's senior adults. We offer a combination of services and amenities to compliment your lifestyle within a beautiful, uplifting environment. From family gatherings to community events and exciting activities, it's your choices that define your day. Together we create a living experience providing opportunities for you to get the most out of your life at Parkview Estates