ROYAL COLUMBIAN RETIREMENT INN - Kennewick, WA

When we arrived for our tour the staff had no record of it and were not prepared to give us a tour. Well outside the grounds and building look brand new the inside looked a bit more careworn. Since we did not get it to her or even walk around the facility I cannot comment on it. But I will say I am not impressed with no follow up from them. I’m not sure why the same procedure for signing up for other tours worked and did not work for this facility.

Not enough staff

My Mother was there for 19-months. I think the staff have good intentions, but they can't seem to get their employees to stay. We had to deal with staff shortages, not trained and unhappy with their jobs. The food was ok, but there was not a lot of fresh food or fruit available. Unforn

the facility had an uncomfortable smell not overwhelming but there. We had lunch which was good and the staff were nice, but too much time was spent on his history and not focused on our needs.

Going through a rough transition

My mother was there for six years, it was a very good palce, but it kind of was going through some transitions that were really bumpy, she was too unhappy there and the cost was getting to us so we moved her in with us.

Royal Columbian Retirement Inn is a warm, home-like community located in Kennewick, WA. Our community is surrounded by beautiful landscaping, mature trees, and some apartments offer views of the lovely Columbia River! We are located in a well established residential area, with close proximity to the Columbia Center Mall, doctor’s offices, and many entertainment venues.
Royal Columbian offers Independent and Assisted Living options, as well as several sizes of apartments. Our staff is second to none – you can be assured that we will work hard to make your stay with us a wonderful experience! We offer scheduled social activities on our bus – and are often out on jaunts to shopping venues, museums, wineries, picnics of casinos! Our residents are asked to participate in choosing tasty menus, and we encourage visits from families – we even have guest rooms available for overnight stays!
We offer 16 hour a day nursing services, and care givers are available 24 hours a day for Assisted Living residents. Weekly housekeeping, linen service, a beauty/barber shop and prompt maintenance personnel are also a benefit of life at Royal Columbian!
Please come and enjoy a free lunch before your tour – you’ll be sure to see why Royal Columbian is so special!