Hawthorne Court - Kennewick, WA

Drove by after meeting at Three Rivers and it seems to be a larger complex which I believe wouldn't work for mom as she would get lost in all the buildings.

Megan McDaniel

The buildings you saw as you drove by were our independent cottages. We have several apartment options to choose from that are closer to the common areas so that it is less overwhelming. We’d love the opportunity to show you that we are in fact a single unit community with assisted living and independent living.
Please feel free to stop in for a complimentary lunch and a tour. Hawthorne Court has so much to offer. Hope to see you soon.
Moya Grubbs, General Manager

Large apartments but more expensive

This facility was wonderful. I would have loved to have my Mother stay here but they were the most expensive place that I had looked at. The apartments were larger than other places and they had a kitchenette with a fridge and microwave. The facility itself had a homey feel to it. The staff members were very friendly and it was just an open community. I liked that they had a heart for all of the residents. I would recommend this community.

Very Nice Place

I am so glad that I chose this place everything is going well for me here. I truly am very happy and content here. They keep you very busy with all the activities and social events they offer. Everyone is so friendly from the staff to the residents. The food normally is very good served hot but there are some days where the food may not be as hot as it could be and you just have to send it back and have it heated up.

Friendly people!

The person that took me around was very nice and cordial. They had a nice room available but it was a long way from the kitchen and cafeteria. Also, it was much older. The price was good, but my parents found another place that they liked more.

I took a tour!!

I also toured Hawthorne Court a while back. It was a good tour, and the community was clean and maintained well. The people, where were all very friendly and it was a good experience but it was not the best fit for my mother.

Great community but offer limited care

My mother-in-law moved here but had to be transferred to a rehabilitation center because they couldn't provide the level of care she needed. The staff is very attentive but she has health issues that exceed their expertise. Before she was placed in rehabilitation she was involved their community bible study and church. The community is very clean and we shared several meals with her while we were visiting and they were very good.

My Thought Of The Tour

This is an older community and it seems they do try and keep it clean. I liked the food service as it is like a restaurant and there is no set meal time. I was impressed with the staff.

Our First Community Experience

We know it is going well for my mom and I have nothing to compare it to but we are very pleased. It's immaculate, the staff are excellent and friendly. Activities are available but she does not participate, it's too difficult for her. However, she has lots of friends and family stopping by to see her. For the most part it's good and tasty. Once I saw them serve liver and onions, she is eating it and not complaining. I would recommend their care. I chose the facility because it is 2 blocks from her home. The neighborhood is familiar to her.

Not impressed with this community!!

I was very dissatisfied with this community, during our tour I had noticed that the lobby was very small and seemed very crammed for all of the residents they had. I also thought there was not enough activities available and the packages they offered where way over priced for what they had available. I would not want my loved one living in this place and would not recommend it.

Excellent Amenities offered!!

My aunt and uncle could not be more pleased with there new living environment, they have a beautiful apartment with a spacious closet. My uncle has really seemed to enjoy the company of the other residents and has found a lot of common interest with a lot of them. My aunt has had nothing but amazing things to say about the dinning room experience, they offer there menu all day and have lots of delicious choices to choose from. The only thing i wish the staff would do more is inform my loved ones a little more on how the van service system work and explain in detail the different places they can take them.

Had a nice tour of the facility was offered a meal. Really liked the place and the people. They are our first choice for respite care for my wife and will be at the top of our list for permanent living when the time comes.

Review of Hawthorne Court - Kennewick, WA

Very comfortable, Good food & good company.

Review of Hawthorne Court - Kennewick, WA

So far my needs have been full filled. Everyone seems to care about my needs. I never fell neglected and am very cared for.

Great Exercise Class !!

The staff are very helpful at making sure my room and bathroom stays clean. The meals are pleasant, but there is room for improvement. They have a great exercise class and many activities throughout the week. My loved one and I are overall very pleased.

Review of Hawthorne Court - Kennewick, WA

Excellent care. Good Food. Friendly staff. Cleanliness Excellent.

Review of Hawthorne Court - Kennewick, WA

I have an absolute positive response and faith in the staff to care for my needs. Also able to get where ever I need to go.

Patient Friendly Staff

My grand father is doing pretty well here at this community. It is a good looking community, they do a good job with keeping everything nice and clean. The staff is very patient and friendly. One issue I have had been a new employee was informing us with wrong information, but she was new so that was understandable. There are nice activities available. There is good selection of food to choose from. I'am comfortable with his move here. I would recommend it.

We Are Happy With the Community

My parents are doing great and they like the community they live at. The staff do a very good job keeping the place clean. My parents are enjoying the activities and outing they offer. The food is okay, they are not that happy with it but overall we are happy with the care. I have recommend this community to others already.

Chelsia Hart

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We’re happy to hear that your parents are enjoying Hawthorne Court! We take pride in our dining service, so we’re surprised to hear that your parents are not enjoying the food. We would love to hear any suggestions they have for making improvements. Please give any suggestions to our General Manager or Chef the next time you’re visiting.

A Future Home

My mom and I took a tour of this nice place. All went well, and we did like the community. My mom liked it better than the other communities we saw. The one thing we liked is that it seemed all the residents were happy here at this community.

A fine place for father, too

There was some confusion about the additional cost for assisted living -- apparently there was a price increase after we'd made our initial inquiry -- but overall, both my father and I are very pleased with the staff, the facility, and the level of care he's receiving.

Care Is Well Above The Value

I have alot of problems with my lungs, since been at facility lungs have approved. Everyone is great and have alot of veterans that being veterans. Care is above the value and big variety of activities that both residents can participate..

Even though it is the oldes...

Even though it is the oldest in the Tri-Cities, it is clean, well kept and feels like home!

The place mom wanted to be

The care is going well, there seems to be a problem with a computer program they have-I know they're working on it- but it gets statements delivered to the workers there, it goes in the computer but then it doesn't go on the print outs that they get.
What stands out to me is how extremely happy my mother is there, she's making friends, the food is outstanding, they have a chef there and he puts flavor in the food. you know how sometimes older people can't taste things very well? He makes it so they can. This was the place she wanted to go to, she had heard from friends that it was really nice. In the late 80's, my grandparents also lived there and she wanted to make sure it wasn't like it was back then and it wasn't, it's been updated. They have a swimming pool there and she loves to swim, it's a seasonal thing but they have water aerobics and she loves it.

Director very helpful on the phone- ...

Director very helpful on the phone- raised bed garden, pets, very personable and homey--good trans., pool, beaut. facility

Very nice facility. Had a nice lunch ...

Very nice facility. Had a nice lunch and tour. Very friendly and nice that everything is on ground floor. The bathroom of 1 bdr apt is a little tight for the walker.

When you visit our retirement community in the Tri-Cities region, you’ll notice something unexpected the minute you walk through the doors. You can see, hear, and feel the energy and vibrancy of our community. The lobby is bustling, people are laughing, and friends are chatting. Some are planning outings to the local breweries or art galleries, while others are grabbing coffee before they go downtown. Hawthorne Court feels like an active community because it is an active community.

Our philosophy of premium customer service translates into an experience that feels more like you’re on a permanent vacation, and less like you’re in a retirement community. The atmosphere is warm, friendly, and inviting—whatever our residents need, our helpful staff is ready to deliver.

At Hawthorne Court, we don’t just care for people—we care about people, and want to help our residents get the most out of their retirement. Want to plan a movie night? Invite your family. How about a game of poker? Stack your chips. Dinner in the city sound fun? Hop on the shuttle. Whatever you want to do, whatever your interests are, we can help bring them to life in this next phase of life.

At Hawthorne Court, a fun, adventurous retirement is there for the taking. All you have to do is make yourself at home.