Cloisters of the Valley - San Diego, CA

On behalf of Cloisters of the Valley management, staff and residents, we would like to invite you to visit our beautiful Community and home.We offer hands on, personalized care services in a social environment, offering life enhancement activities in an environment of well-being.All areas of the Community are accessible on one level, offering lovely Community rooms with fireplaces, elegant dining room with a grand piano and comforts of home.Our assisted care services offer an individualized plan to meet the needs and interests of each resident. Our assisted services are provided by well-trained caregivers 24/7, overseen by our licensed nurses.

Impressive Community

My father is doing pretty well here at this community. Overall I'am pleased with all they have done for us. It is a pleasant community, with a good staff. There is always a nurse on site. It is a very beautiful community, everything is very nice and clean. The assisted director and some of the other staff members have been there for over 20 years, which is impressive. I would highly recommend for anyone to go check out this community.

Assisted living at its best.

Cloisters of the Valley is a beautiful facility with the most caring staff ever. My 94 year old mother just moved there and everyone is bending over backward to make sure she is comfortable and happy. The grounds are gorgeous, the interior is gorgeous and the meals are delicious. I recommend this place to everyone who needs a safe and comfortable place for a loved one.

Review of Cloisters of the Valley - San Diego, CA

Loved this place. It is intimate and seems very caring. The grounds are lovely and the staff was very open and friendly. This will probably be the place

A Beautiful, Loving Community.

My mom loves it there. The staff is warm and friendly, very willing to help in anyway, and always happy to see you when you visit. The ambiance is like a fine hotel, from the furnishing to the linen napkins.

Cloisters of the Valley was the best place for our mom!

My mom is 95. She had been living at her home by herself with limited care giving. This past summer she had a medical situation that she was having a hard time coming back from. The family finally realized that it was time for her to go to an assisted living facility. I called "A Place for Mom". They pointed me in the right direction. After my family and I toured many different places for assisted living we chose Cloisters of the Valley. I knew right away that this is the level of care my mom needed. Caregivers 24/7, single story facility, friendly atmosphere. I sat down with Bonnie the Executive Director and with tears in my eyes said this is where my mom needs to be.
Cloisters of the Valley has been great. But what I had a hard time with was the adjusting period that it took for my mom to get in with the swing of things. It is only normal for a person that has been in her home for almost 50 years to have an adjusting time when moving to a new place. The best part of moving her in was she able to have all of her own furniture. It has been a month now. She is joining in on a lot of the activities. She is having three good meals a day. And for us, Cloisters means peace of mind. If any issues come up with mom they are on the phone to us. When we go visiting many of them know our names. Cloisters of the Valley was the best place for our mom!

warm, personal attention

The Director & staff at Cloisters helped my 94-year-old mom (and me!) through her difficult transition to her new home this past summer.

Cloisters provides a flexible level of care and is ideal for someone like my mom who no longer can live independently and actively but who still appreciates the comforts of home, rather than a nursing facility. My mom has a lovely room furnished with her own belongings, and she appreciates walks in the garden. I visit often and never see anything worrisome. She is well and her surroundings also are in good shape.

Most importantly, my mom receives warm, personal attention from caretakers who check on her frequently and give her all of the help that she needs, plus provide positive social interactions. The activities Cloisters offers and the nursing/medical support it provides are excellent, too. In addition, my mom enjoys the food and the company of others around her same age. I take her out sometimes, but she's always ready to return for dinner at her regular table.

My family is grateful to Cloisters for keeping my mom, despite her weakening physical and mental abilities, as safe and content as she can be at this time in her life. The staff is very responsive to my requests and inquiries, too. Cloisters is just the right size to offer sufficient professional services without seeming institutional. It's a place that emphasizes genuine one-to-one care, conversations, and connections.

Elegant, caring, beautiful

Beautiful surroundings, caring staff, individualized attention. After visiting some board & care facilities, the Cloisters was like a dream come true! The staff is very accommodating and friendly.

Cloisters of the Valley

I absolutely love The Cloisters of the Valley, where my aunt has lived now for about two weeks. In that time we have come to know the countless people who work there, who help her in so many ways. She has caregivers, nurses, visiting doctors, a beauty salon, a very helpful handyman, a wonderful executive director and her assistant and the activities director, to name a few. Residents are provided with daily activities, from exercise classes, to live music performances, bible classes and church services, games, slide presentations and many more. I just hope it is still available if/when I need assisted living.
She has a lovely private room (about 11X17-one of the "smaller" ones) with a sliding glass door to her patio, and which looks out onto a beautiful garden. Throughout the interior of the building there are gorgeous paintings, furniture and other decor. I've eaten in the dining room and the food was great as was the service.

Nice facility. Definitely f...

Nice facility. Definitely for seniors who are more frail, older, etc. Not for independent living or lightly assisted.

Lovely environment and looks like res...

Lovely environment and looks like residents are very well cared for.

I visited this site. I met with direc...

I visited this site. I met with director and she showed me around. The staff seemed friendly and attentive. If I can get a room at this place at the time that we need it, this would be my first choice.

Nice, clean, friendly. Maybe not ab...

Nice, clean, friendly. Maybe not able to provide enough care for Mother. Maybe easy to get "lost" on the other hand, Mother might be quite happy Meals not particular flexible. Very friendly. Not willing to accept Mother=too much care