Merrill Gardens at Bankers Hill - San Diego, CA

Comfortable living environment!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my mother and I have no complaints of how things had went. The staff made sure to answer any questions we had for them and did a nice job withe presentation. The dinning room was spacious and they even offered for us to try one of there meals. It was just not the right location for us in the end decision.

Very responsive!

The Merrill Gardens was a very nice place. The staff was very attentive and responsive. They have continued to follow up with me and answer any questions I have. The reason why we did not choose it was because they did not have a memory care unit.

Amanda Warren

Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback. We are so glad to hear that we were able to be a resource as you researched senior living options.

Loved this facility also. It is within walking distance to Balboa Park and within a taxi/Uber ride to Downtown San Diego. The rooms are spacious. I like all the amenities the place offers. The staff is very friendly. [Removed] were excellent ambassadors for the place. I would definitely keep this place on my short list. The only two caveats I have are that the place is on the expensive side, and the décor is not "contemporary/modern." It feels and looks like a traditional retirement home--a trivial matter when one looks at the whole picture.

Amanda Warren

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Merrill Gardens. The location provides so many great features for residents to enjoy.

Scenery

The scenery here and the views are perfect. Obviously the weather is good (san diego) thank you lol, and the landscape is nice and green.

Amanda Warren

Thank you for taking the time to write us this review. We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying the scenery and weather at Merrill Gardens at Bankers Hill.

Okay

Amanda Warren

Thank you for this review! If you have any comments or questions just give us a call and we'll be happy to help.

The location is wonderful, the facility clean and nicely decorated and the food is good. My 90 year old father is very content there.

Amanda Warren

We appreciate that you took the time to write us such a positive review. We are so happy to hear that your father is enjoying Merrill Gardens. Please don't hesitate to contact us directly if you ever have questions or additional feedback.

My father recently moved into Merrill Gardens and so far, I believe that it's going rather well. He likes the food and the location. The staff has communicated well with me. Lots of paperwork prior to move in, but rather unfamiliar in this territory, it might be par for the course.

It's a fantastic place, I think it's a good fit.

It's a fantastic place, I think it's a good fit. There have been some issues with the drug regement, in the beginning. The communication around that issue was not good at all. The communication definitely needs to be improved. They started adding a lot of add on charges. I get calls all the time when things come up. The food is about a 3 the chef is a little below average. It's pretty generic and not very tasty, some stuff has been cold. It looks like a good menu and the facilities are fantastic. The facility is new clean and in great shape and the staff was friendly, and the staff and residents all knew eachothers names. This became our standard sort of our litmus test.

Amanda Warren

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this detailed review. We take this feedback very seriously and use the information to improve our services. If you find yourself with any questions or further concerns feel free to contact us. We'd appreciate the opportunity to address them with you directly.

Nice park - too institution...

Nice park - too institutionalized - price ok

Our experience at Merrill Garden

For anyone considering any assisted living arrangement or facility, be VERY specific about your expectations and get in writing, what the costs are for each and every item. I am as much to blame as they are after being convinced that I told them that my mother bathes daily, and that the fee was one thing, when, upon moving in, I was informed that the only bath the residents 2 times a week for that low price! Our costs increased by $600/month because I didn't get it in writing.

As for since Mom has moved in, the staff is awesome, and it's tenants have got to be some of the nicest, most accepting and interactive people we've been blessed to have met.

They Do A Nice Job

It's very clean and the staff is very friendly. I think you probably get as much or more value there for your dollar. There are a lot of amenities and little things that they do that you might not find other places. It's expensive, but not any more than other places. They have things like cloth napkins on the table and a dining room where you can eat at any time. They do a lot with entertainment. The keeping you busy with happy hours and shows of different kinds. They do a nice job.

They've had recently, a change of management and there was a gap there were you had temporaries filling in and people doing two jobs. The management seems to be good now but there was a period of time there where it was uncertain. It's better now.

This is living! The place ...

This is living! The place is only two years old and very well designed. Residents were engaged and seemed friendly and happy. I myself would want to live here when the time comes. But, of course, that is why there is a very long wait list.

Brand new. Across from Balboa Park. ...

Brand new. Across from Balboa Park. Unique feature is "flexible eating schedule". Will upgrade rating if interior, apartments and costs are good.

liked the tour, keeping on list.

liked the tour, keeping on list.

Not our favorite but has anytime dini...

Not our favorite but has anytime dining. 84 units. Donna Said to see because its near laot of shops & restaurants - near balboa park- great location

Very nice, new, opened just this year