Coronado Retirement Village - Coronado, CA

Stay away!

This place is not what you hope for. They are dedicated to hiding the truth about their activities from families. Their employees are unprofessional and too inexperienced to interact with the elderly. I’ve seen cockroaches in the kitchen and rooms while nothing was done about it. Total unprofessional environment and lack of care.

Friendly Staff!!

I have no complaints about how things went for my wife while she was in this community. The staff where friendly to her and made sure to accommodate her needs as they possibly can. She had no complaints about the food and participating in activities when she could. Overall great experience and I would recommend it to anyone.

The staff is very friendly!

I would recommend this community to anyone looking into it. The staff has been very good to my father and they are very responsive. It is reasonably priced and at a good location, the hospital is across the street. They only have about 100 residents there so it is a smaller place.

I was pretty impressed with everything until she applied a $4,400 one time entertainment fee on top of the &6,250 monthly fees... I'll keep looking!!

great location

I liked this community!

This is a very nice beautiful community. It was a little farther away than I would have liked. The community was clean and they offer a lot of activities. The staff were nice and helpful.

lack of care and communication

Coronado Retirement Village sucked. There was a lack of care and communication. We were there for his birthday and he needed to go to the bathroom, he pressed the buzzer and no one came. Then 10 minutes later someone said they would be there in a little bit and he ended up having an accident. It was not good at all. There was a lack of compassion. It was costly place too and the young people that work there are just there to get a paycheck. The staff was supposed to be checking on him every half hours, well sometimes I would come visit and enter through the back and not sign in. I would be in his room with him for an hour to 2 hours and no one would come. He fell several times and would just be lying on the ground forever. They never encouraged him to do activities. We are taking him out of this facility this week.

This location and management approach is impossible to beat. The combination of the beautiful Coronado island in the middle of a whole block of senior oriented facilities is the complete package.

Visited on Wed June 3. Hallways and building might be a little too institutional for my father

Very Caring

My mother is advanced stages of last days of her life their and the people here seem to matter and make her comfortable as they can. Overall they are nice and very caring and best place and glad I chose it.

very heart-warming place

My parents have been at Coronado Retirement Village for a month. Let me give you a specific example of how great and heart-warming the experience has been:

Something that was really important to my dad was making fruit cakes. When they found this out they arranged for him to be able to come into the kitchen with the staff to make fruit cakes, and then from there even created a class teaching the rest of the residents how to do it. That is just an example of how they really get to know the residents and go out of their way to make it a uniquely special experience for them. It has really touched my heart to see.

We had a really hard time finding a good place for my parents, and they welcomed us with open arms and it was a great experience.

Review of Coronado Retirement Village Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Coronado, CA

I visited with both of my parents who liked most of this facility. The big windows in the dining room were great with wonderful view of park and the bridge. There was no air conditioning and it as pleasant that day. The rooms were small to mid size. The cost seemed like other facilities.They had a nice gym room with PT needed furniture that was useful for many residents. The biggest part was the location for being a long ways from home to be going there daily.

Not good location for our f...

Not good location for our family

Nice view but overall just OK

Nice view but overall just OK

Very clean, bright and colorful. Laun...

Very clean, bright and colorful. Laundry service is part of the monthly fee (minimal). Noted cleaning solvent odors in some hallways during the tour. Noted several resident activities. During the tour staff attitude positive and friendly. Outdoor spaces, clean and neat, appears to be safe for residents. Nutrition opportunity available around the clock family members able to join resident for dining. Level of care includes retirement living, assisted and memory care to include medication management. Contracts run month-to-month with 30 days notice for termination. Overall, this a nice facility.

We are an assisted living and memory care community.

Awarded one of the "Best Assisted Living" Communities in San Diego.

Centrally located in beautiful Coronado.

Adjacent to Sharp Hospital, medical offices and a skilled nursing facility.

This is a fully gated community,with fire sprinklers,emergency call and alarm system in place.

Handicapped Accommodations.

Trained staff on-site 24hrs.a day,seven days a week.

Special diets available.

This is where your family will get exceptionally good care from all our team members, and the care comes from the heart.