Overland Court Senior Living - Boise, ID

Staff is very nice but they had no openings

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my brother. The staff members seemed to be very nice and the building was very well kept. Everyone from the directors down was involved in the resident’s daily life. They even know everyone by name! This was my first pick but unfortunately, they didn’t have any openings. I would recommend this facility to other families.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and the staff was nice and helpful. They answered all of my questions. It seemed to be nice and clean. It was a newer building. It was bigger and more expensive. It would have been further from my sister. They seemed professional here. Just not a good fit.

Between the odor, the condition of the rooms and the carpets in the main area, the staff we spoke to and their level of preparedness, this probably isn't our first choice. They did seem to have an active community.

Refused to Talk to Us

I called Overland Court for information, and they would not even asses my loved one. They refused to even talk to me because of my loved one's duel diagnosis. There was no way I would even think to put my loved one here just based on the way they initially received me.

The staff here is very accommodating

My Mom was here briefly and I was very satisfied between the facility and hospice. The staff was very good and able to answer my questions and take care of her the way she needed. Their administrative staff was very accommodating, as well. The food was fine as far as I understand. The facility had a few activities and they were able to get Mom out of bed the last few weeks she was there to participate in them. Everything looked fine and kept clean. There were a few issues but we were able to work through them. We chose them specifically because of the location – it was only a mile from my house, which was very convenient. This really is a tough job because they have a lot of people to take care of there but the staff did a good job. I highly recommend them.

Beautiful and Homey

We toured this community, and I really, really liked it. It was definitely beautiful in a homey type of way. However, there were no openings when we were looking, so we had to find another community for my loved one.

Excellent!

Overland has been a great experience so far, especially the staff. They seem very well trained, very knowledgeable, and very good at calming and directing the residents. They have social activities, exercise classes, and other events there, and I’ve seen my dad be encouraged and drawn out more by the staff. I’ve seen him socializing with the other residents; it’s amazing to see him in the best mood I’ve seen in a long time. The community is also kept very clean, the outside looks very nice with flowers, trees, and a patio area. It’s expensive here, but I think it’s worth it, and I’d recommend Overland to others.

Going well

Mom is doing better since moving into this community. The foods is good and they offer healthy options. They offer a lot of activities and mom seems to enjoy the exercise class. The staff is attentive and she is getting good care. This community is in a good location for us and I would recommend it.

Seemed To Be A Good Fit

After visiting several communities between myself and my uncle we thought this community was the best match for my grandmother's personality. She is so outgoing and engentic we knew she would be happy here. Since moving here she seems to be liking it. She loves the staff she is hugging them goodbye when we take her out for the day. She has made some friends and they sit outside in the common area for sit by the pond and watch the fish. She likes the food it must taste good because anywhere she goes the food there taste salty to her.

Plenty of staff

Overland Court Senior Living was a very nice and clean community that we toured. They seemed to have plenty of staff that were very friendly and knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. We chose another community that was a little closer to our family.

No let downs here.

It has been a month now since my Father has moved into Overland Court and it has been the best experience so far, no complaints.

No let downs here.

Okay tour!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my loved one and I was not as impressed with this tour as much as I was the others. The lady who was initially supposed to give us the tour ended up getting busy with another situation and we ended up having someone else. That person was just as knowledgeable and did not have all the answers to our questions.

We toured this community for the care of the family. The staff was nice and caring. We were happy that they did answer the questions we had on the care that was given. They had a lot of nice activities and the menu looked appealing. We would recommend other families to tour this community for the care of a family member

Great Staff

My grandfather is doing great here. it has been a great place for him. The staff are exceptional with the care. We have no issues with the meals and cleanliness. We picked this community because my husband felt the staff here picked their profession instead of treating it like a job.

A Visit To The Community

Based on my tour they were fine. However I just didn't getting a good feeling for a match. It looked clean. The staff were all nice and good at what they were doing. Everybody was happy when I walked through. The number of people, the layout, and the dining experience was not a good match for my mom.

I'm happy here!

Things are going very well for me since my move into Overland Court Senior Living. The staff has been terrific, they are friendly and welcoming. So far, it has been a good experience so far for me.

Overland Court Senior Living

Overland Court Senior Living has gone above and beyond with helping to transition our mother into the care facility. This transition was not an easy decision and things have gone better than expected. The staff treats our mother as if she was their own family and they communicate effectively with my father to ensure that her needs are being met. Our mother has been living there for approximately two months now and I believe we made the right decision on choosing Overland Court Senior Living.

A tour

This community looked fine when we visited. The people we met were nice. They allow pets at this community and have some daily activities. The community we chose just seemed to be a better fit for mom.

Very Happy

We checked out many facilities both in the Treasure Valley and out of state. Moving to the valley, knowing little about the area was difficult, and dementia issues made our search critical. The staff at Overland Court proved to be knowledgeable, friendly, and confident. We also found the cost/benefit aspect to be favorable. After this first 6 weeks, we remain impressed with the Overland Court experience. The staff has been great and their referrals have all worked out well.

A tour

This community did not look like a very active lively community when I visited. The community felt dark as it is an older community. I saw the residents just sitting around. The people I met were nice and knowledgable.

SO FAR, SO GOOD

Our Dad has been in his new apartment at Overland for almost 2 weeks now. He is comfortable and beginning to venture out into the main stream oftener. He is walking better and further and we are happy with the environment so far. He is already considering going on a bus ride adventure.

My opinion!

The staff I met during my tour were nice and upfront with me. They advised they would not be able to care for my mom. The community looked clean.

A Friendly Community

I didn't really care for this community, but the lady that gave me the tour was very friendly. Their memory wasn't the best, I didn't feel comfortable with the care. The staff was kind. They answered my questions, they were informative. This is a pretty friendly community.

No Negativity

I feel that Mom is enjoying herself with all the activities she gets to do. The staff have not gave us any issues and take good care of her. The meals must be good because Mom eats it. I think this community is always clean. There is no problems here and we like the what is provided at this community.

Good place but a lot of problems with one staff member

My dad spent just over a month in a half at Overland.He started on Assisted Care side and it was not bad. He was quite sick when he got there and the staff did a great job helping him. Sadly my dad needed to be moved into Memory Care and that is where the problem started, especially with the Director/Head Nurse [name removed]. She would not answer e mail's that I sent with with questions about my dad. Even when my brother told her I sent e mail's to her. My dad was not happy there do to to many women only 3 men and the fact that he wanted to be in his room not out in the middle of the facility. There is very much the feeling of keep them in the middle of the activity room and not in there own private rooms. Not for the sake of the residents but for the sake of the staff. Easier for staff to watch them doesn't matter that people like my dad hated being out with everybody. My dad had some problems and when they came up they sent him to hospital and then said he could not come back. I was told by someone higher then [name removed] Head Nurse that the whole situation was over dramatic. [removed] So he was out when she had the chance. Since then my dad has moved to [removed] is doing much better. Funny thing is at the new facility there is a new resident that also came from Overland Court and her family also had problems with [name removed] the Director of Memory Care. She was also sent to the hospital and then was told she could not return to Overland Court. It seems to be a reacuring problem with [name removed] and being sent to the hospital if there is a problem and then you can't return to Overland Court. Assisted Care side is great, great staff and they really try to help. Memory Care side staff not great and [name removed] a real problem with family.

great response time

My mom passed away a year ago and there was 1 person she did not care for. I spoke with the office and they care of it immediately. The response time was good.

Good Care

They took very good care of my mother-in-law while she was in there. If they had any issues at all they called us right away. While she was there at Overland Court though, we did not have any issues with them.

Satisfactory

Overall Overland Court Senior Living has been satisfactory. She has gained weight since being there though. She used be a walker and there isn't really a place to walk. I wish some of the staff would help her walk and exercise. They are real responsive here.

The staff is great

Clayton was great. They could perhaps be a little more attentive to certain small details, distributing some of the duties a little better on the weekends to accomidate the residents. The food is a little on the institutional.

That said, we were definitely happy overall. The staff is great, which is the most important thing.

overall great experience

My experience at the overland court senior living has been great. I would recommend them to others looking for options. As to cleanliness, I rate it as five stars. Same on Friendliness, as they are friendly and caring. Overall, i would give them a four plus review rating.

One of our top two choices

This was one of our top two choices. They were really clean and friendly. They seemed to be very qualified in Alzheimer's and dementia care. The only concern I had was that they seemed to be more likely to send them away to manage medication for behavior issues than the community we chose.

Mixed bag

Our stay was only three weeks and it was rocky from the beginning. They were very, very nice. They worked with us on the cost. We expected better care services than they were able to offer. Overall it’s a beautiful community. The assisted living is what drew us to it, more than the memory care. It’s modern, pretty, light, and most of the staff were great, nice. We weren’t impressed with the food in memory care.

Nice place

My loved one has been around just about a year now, and so far we've been very pleased with everything they have provided! It's a nice looking place, the staff are friendly, and they do a great job looking out for the residents. I like that the fact this is a smaller community means that the staff to resident ratio is very good, and everyone gets plenty of attention.

Very kind and helpful but w...

Very kind and helpful but way out of our price range.

They have a nice outdoor area.

I think it’s important for families to realize there are different care levels in the community. They have memory care. I think they could improve the food in terms of offerings and portions. For the food, I’d give them a 3.5. They are quick to respond to residents. They have a nice outdoor area.

We have really been pleased with Over...

We have really been pleased with Overland Court. It is nice not to have to worry about Mom. She seems to be quite happy their.

My Sister and I toured in D...

My Sister and I toured in Dec. this is a really nice place

The staff is very helpful and friendl...

The staff is very helpful and friendly. They have been receptive to any requested changes. My 89 year old Mom seems to be happy there.

Overland Court Senior Living Memory Care

Everyone at Overland Court has been exceptionally friendly and helpful in moving my mother into the memory care center. The memory care center is pleasant and comfortable and the attendants friendly and actively engaged with the residents. Mom has settled in nicely and we are very pleased with her care.

Very Small Livingroom

The living room was just too small. The bedroom was great but the living room was too small. My mom doesn't live in her bedroom so the living room size was important to us. Plus, she came from a huge house so getting her to even get rid of stuff was going to be hard. We could have her downsize that much.

Nice but Full

This is a very nice place. They had a wing for the dementia and Alzheimer's patient but it was full and they had a waiting list of 6 or 7 patient. It was pricey too but it was very nice. We were down to the wire. I needed to find a place for my dad in a week so this wasn't an option.

The overall experience here...

The overall experience here was good. The place seemed really nice and the staff very attentive and personable. Dad and I had lunch here and one of the cooks came out to greet us. The server was super sweet and interacted with dad very well. The population here seemed much older than dad and had only a handful of men. I liked the rooms here especially the deluxe studios. Everyone really enjoyed dad and his dog. The only reason I wouldn't consider this is the age difference and small population of men. It was a nice big place with down to earth staff and welcome feel.

At Overland Court Senior Living, residents enjoy an active, engaging lifestyle that promotes wellness and independence. It is our goal to keep our residents linked to resources and opportunities that will fulfill their needs and interests in the Boise area. Residents have many opportunities to participate in a variety of life enriching activities and events designed to stimulate the mind, body and soul. From cocktail-hour gatherings where you can learn about the nuances of a good Pinot Noir, to a discussion of the latest best seller in our Life-Long Learning series, to exploring new ways to stay healthy in a fitness class...expect the unexpected.

Overland Court Senior Living includes a specially designed neighborhood to serve the special needs of individuals living with Alzheimer's disease, dementia and other forms of memory loss. Every day we make it a goal to go above and beyond to enrich the lives of our residents. With our Life Enrichment program, a Montessori-inspired philosophy for care, we create a specialized, life-enriching environment that affords each individual maximum self-expression. The staff is committed to delivering a quality of care that meets the resident's physical, social, spiritual and emotional needs.

Our talented team of dedicated and caring staff are there when you need them. It can be different…let us show you how.