I scheduled a tour, but it seemed as if I was unexpected. I was only shown one room, nothing of the rest of the Room was very small with minimal storage space.
I did have an informative meeting with the administrator.

Needs Improvement

Overall, I feel that The Cottages as a whole need improvement. The Community is very homey and comfortable. It's nicely decorated, clean, and has a high-end feel. However, I have found that the staff need to keep better contact with residents and families. Sometimes the staff will update me on things, but sometimes I don't hear anything until I ask about it. I don't feel that they have any activities that my loved one is interested. They've said they've tried to form more activities, but I feel their efforts are half hearted. They also do not offer much variety at all during mealtimes, and they don't have any alternative options. If The Cottages made improvements on these items I've suggested, I feel that the general experience would be much, much better.

One of the Tours I Had

When I went to tour the community, I liked what I saw there. However, they were full after having my heart set for a move in. It was a suitable community when I toured them.

A Wonderful Community

On my tour I saw a fabulous place with fabulous staff. They were my first choice but they didn't have any availability. They had a sister community we could use until an availability but I didn't want to move again. The coordinator was so fantastic. I really liked her and got the feeling she cared about the resident. She was almost perfect.

Very little men...

The population of The Cottages was mostly woman and we wanted an equal amount of meant for my father to be able to interact and make friends. Also, it was kind of small and with it being both of my parents, I don't think there was enough space for both, My mom would have been perfectly happy if it was just her.

More Activities

My mother would really like more activities. I have heard this comment from several of the residents.

Great Activities!!

The staff has been communicating very well with the family. It has been very clean and up-kept. The food is getting much better. Because it is a very small facility, which is one of the reasons we chose the Cottages, maximum of 14 residence, the staff also does the cooking. They were having staff turn-over problems and some times the meals did not get the attention they should. I did speak with the community and they are resolving the problem. My mother really enjoys the morning trips that they provide. They offer great indoor and outdoor activities and because it is a small facility are able to customize residence needs.

A Pleasant Community

This is truly an outstanding community, everything is working out very well. They are caring for my mother and her needs very well. The staff is very knowledgeable and pleasant. The community and her room are always nice and clean when I visit. There are nice activities offered, she enjoys the music activities. I know she is receiving great care and I would high recommend this community.

The plus of The Cottages is that it is small. They don't have as many patients, but they're having a problem, I think, with help, and I believe they expect too much from their help. People leave because they can't keep up with the expectations. They don't have a cook. There's no nurses, except on call. They're lacking in some things that would be good, but it's the only one in the area that seems to be a small, home like community. The room is beautiful, large, and has a private bath, and there's plenty of room for his furniture and TV. I'd like for them to have more help, even though, by regulations, they're okay. Overall, I'm very content with The Cottages.

VERY GOOD PLACE

It was very good experience. The whole thing was comforting and they were very kind to my mother. The management was very good.

More Help Needed

I think they need to get more help. Those girls really worked hard, but they just did not have enough help. That's why we had to move my loved ones out. They are really sweet girls though, just short-staffed.

Would not recommend this location

The issues I had was they did not follow through with what they said. Poor organization of medicine being distributed. The rooms were not cleaned. The meals was not prepared for all residents. I would not recommend them.

I wouldn't recommend The Cottages to anyone.

I wouldn't recommend The Cottages to anyone. The gal in charge said all the right things. She mentioned how they try to do behavioral assistance, and showed off their trophy. But when it came down to it, they didn't do anything at all, and they were really quick to medicate. They didn't seem to work with my loved one at all. They knew all the records, and the situation, and said this would be a good place and they could work with her. It all goes by the severity, and what you need. They say that their staff to resident ratio is so much, but they all are doing other jobs in the community, cooking or washing dishes, or whatever. So those workers are not just dedicated to residents, they are busy doing other things.

Dad is doing better than ever

Dad has only been there for 11 days but so far it is excellent. The facility is fresh and clean. The staff all seem to be committed to making Dad feel cared for. The food is great. I personally have eaten a number of meals and they have all been great. Dad is eating better than he has for years. The administration has been great on meeting special needs such as Dad watches the Western Channel.
It is currently exceeding our expectations. Son & Daughter.

really nice place

The Cottages of Boise is a really nice place. Very clean and welcoming, great food, etc. It's a safe and good place for mom to be.

Sarina Burdan

Thank you for the 5.0 rating. We love what we do and are happy to serve you and your loved one.

Wonderful place!

We've had a wonderful experience with The Cottages of Boise! It's a very nice looking, clean, well kept place, and the staff are all very friendly! But what as made the biggest difference for our loved one is that the director, Serena, knows sign language. Our loved one is deaf and had been growing more and more reclusive in her previous community, but she has really blossomed here with the help of Serena! We've really noticed an improvement! The rest of the staff are doing their best to learn a few words here and there as well, and it has really made her feel more at ease. We would definitely recommend this place highly to anyone who is looking into senior care!

Everything is a five for them.

Everything is a five for them. It’s a quality place and I think I think if you place your loved one here, you’ll be happy with it. The Cottages in Mountain Home didn’t have any openings, so that’s why we went to Boise. There haven’t been any concerns with laundry or food.

It's a nice place but taking longer than expected to settle in.

It's taking a little more time to get everything settled than I would have hoped. It's a smaller community. The coordination between the community and the VA could be better. The communication to me about what is needed and what is expected to happen could also be improved. They are clean and friendly and have activities. The meals are freshly prepared onsite.

We really love them, we are really happy with them there.

We really love them, we are really happy with them there. Mom and dad are really happy there. They are quick to respond to any needs or concerns we might have. They seem to enjoy the food. The only complaint I would have is that the personal rooms could be kept up a little better. The people who work here are sweet and really seem to care for the residents.

Very nice place

So far we're very happy with this place, I'd give them 5s across the board. It is a nice looking place, and the staff are all friendly and keep it very clean. The food is also good! Overall it's just a very nice environment.

Nice smaller assisted livin...

Nice smaller assisted living care center that has a lot of activities. If your parent is still very active this a perfect place for them. The fact that they have assisted and memory care is a plus.

Awesome!

I think they're awesome! I have no complaints.

Great Reputation

We chose The Cottages based of word of mouth referrals. They have a good reputation and the people that I talked to had good experiences with them. The apartments are really spacious and you bring your furnishings to make it more home like. It is a very nice clean community that is very well maintained. They were at a previous community but need a community that offered a higher level of care so we moved them to The Cottages. I would recommend this community to anyone.

Staff engaging witht their residents

We chose The Cottages because it is a very clean community and when we visited the community everyone was very friendly. The staff is very engaging with the residents to make them more comfortable. It is expensive and could be a better value. The community is very pleasing to the eyes and we are very happy with our choice. We would recommend The Cottages to anyone looking for a community for there loved one.

Very home like atmosphere, food smell...

Very home like atmosphere, food smelled WONDERFUL. Very friendly, caring people.

The Cottages of Boise are located at the very end of a sleepy street in Boise Idaho. We're proud to offer our community members with a respite from the busy city surrounding us. Your loved ones are cared for well at our facility because we maintain a higher number of staff members to residents than most facilities do. They will be staying in small home-like settings with all the daily care that they need included. Whether they need help with laundry and housekeeping, or with daily hygiene tasks like bathing and getting dressed, our staff members are there to help. All of our senior residents are given access to technology like Skype to keep in touch with their family members. We also provide home cooked meals that are carefully prepared by a trained dietitian to help your loved ones stay healthy. There is no reason that life should change when moving into a community facility, and we help your loved ones maintain their appearance by bringing in free beauticians on a weekly basis.