Garnet Place - Garden City, ID

Garnet Place - Garden City, ID has yet not published prices.

need to listen to prospective residents

When my sister and I first took my dad to Garnet, one of the things we told them is dad required social interaction. he likes to talk. He needs folks to talk to.
They told us no problem, in that department.
A couple days before my dad moved there I walked through the lobby and saw several residents sitting there. They seemed to be parked there. No interaction. I felt alarm bells going off in my head. If these were the folks my dad had to talk to, we had a problem. I called Garnet with my concern, and once again was told it was no problem. There were folks for my dad.
Once we moved him in, it became pretty clear almost immediately that my dad was feeling depressed because he had no one to gab with. He said people t the dinner tables did not talk. Many could not hear. Some refused to answer his, hi, how are you? questions.
A month after moving in, I moved him out to an independent living environment where folks are chatting and socializing all over the place.
It was a very expensive miss-step for us. I wish Garnet had really listened when we first went there. They did not.

Garnet Place was an excellent facility. The only real problem was that, in general, the food was very mediocre. They took really good care of [Name removed], until she died.

Welcoming place with helpful staff.

The staff is extremely friendly to residents and visitors and the staff has been consistently patient with my mom as she struggles to adapt. Before she moved in they had got the apartment into great shape. There was new carpet, paint, and it was clean. Also, all the common areas are maintained nicely. I identified a maintenance need, and the maintenance man was there within a few days (not immediately because I'd stated it did not need immediate attention) and noted that he had already identified the problem and had the necessary part on order. My mom seems to enjoy the food (she isn't complaining, which she would if she didn't like it) and I ate in the dining room for several meals and I found the food tasty but I know I'd gain weight if I ate there routinely. I noted that the staff all work at meals to ensure that new residents are not left out, so when they arrive at the dining area a staff person greets them by name and will take them to a table with a vacant seat and introduce to the people there, facilitating getting to know people. I think they steer the new person away from less friendly folks. They have activities for the residents, and the activity manager [Removed] is particularly nice. I have noted an activity that we'd been told about that isn't actually offered, which is group walks on the greenbelt that is a couple of blocks away. Perhaps I misunderstood what I was told, and this was instead an ad activity organized by some of the residents (and not happening anymore). One thing I particularly like is they allow residents to place some personal item(s) on the door or adjacent hallway wall, or item near the door. For someone like my mom, who suffers from memory loss, this is a great aid to being able to find her way around Garnet Place on her own and not need assistance to get to and from the dining or activity room areas. They also allow things to be hung from walls and ceiling in the rooms so that you can really personalize it, no restrictions noted on hanging things. I can say the experience thus far is extremely positive, and I have hopes that my mom will settle in well.

More of an independent facility

When I toured, it was a really nice community and our tour guide was terrific. The rooms are clean and looks like a nice facility to stay in. If my Mother was more independent it would have been great for her. They just didn’t seem to have the facilities or ability to take care of a person in a wheelchair. If you’re using a walker, it would not be a big deal.

We moved our mother into Garnet Place 8 months ago.
The staff is amazing.
Our mother gets wonderful care by loving staff.
Thank you for all you do!

Very good in every way.

Great place for my mother in law to live.

I have been pleased with the kind service my mother receives.

At This Point It Is Great

My mom moved into this community and so far she is having a good experience. She enjoys where she is at and
the family is good with the community we picked out. We are looking forward to the progress. She hasn't been feeling well and the staff have been keeping track of her and helping her as best as they can. I would recommend this community.

Good impression

This community was great but they could not accept my mother-in-law based on her care needs. I appreciated their honesty.

Pricey!

The Garnet Place was a very nice facility, but it was priced higher than we could afford. The people were all friendly and it was very clean, we had a good experience touring it.

Outstanding care for mom

good and she seems to enjoy everything. the community is clean and has a very nice appeal for the residents. They do have a good variety of activities. We would recommend the care and the value of this community to other families.

Exceptional Leadership

The leadership team at Garnet Place is exceptional. They treat all their residents like there Family. They want to make sure all the residents needs are met. They have a calendar full of activities. If you have a Loved one that needs assisted living Garnet Place would be an excellent choice.

Healthy Meals!!

I have had no complaints about this community and the care they have been providing my mother. She has had no complaints about the food and seems to be really enjoying the different activities they have throughout day. Overall I have been very pleased with everything and would defiantly recommend this place to anyone.

Senior Living/Assisted living Gem

Exceptional Senior Living facility, staff helpful and courtesy, they go out of there way to make residents feel at home and stay active via numerous daily activities they encourage residents to participate in. Recommend with no hesitation as a place to consider for your loved ones. Each persons needs are unique, so the right fit for your loved one may be different than for ours. Good Luck.

I feel my mother-in-law is in the suitable community here. It is clean all the time and she likes the meals that is served here. She likes the activities and outing they have. The staff are absolutely great, they go over and beyond. This is a very nice community and we feel it is similar to Alabama and has a home feeling.

Very pleasant and friendly staff. Clean, no odors, lovely facility and courtyards were fabulous. Several activities were being done and residents seemed happy and engaged.

Lots of Field Trips!!

My loved one really enjoys the different field trips and outings they take them on throughout the week.They have been making sure that her bathroom and bedroom is kept clean and picked up. The meals could use some improvement and some more seasoning added to them.

Garnet Place is great. Great care for my Mom and many things to keep her busy. Very clean and bright! Her studio apartment is perfect. Thank you for letting me know about this place as I had never heard of it before.

I toured here, and it was lovely.

I toured here, and it was lovely. It was a more sterile feeling than some of the other places we looked at. We never saw any sign of people, there really wasn't anyone around. It was also a little more expensive than I would like.

Making Some New Friends

My aunt is doing well at this community, she likes it very much. The community is very clean and nice and neat. The staff is wonderful, she really enjoys the staff. She is trying many activities. The food is okay, it is a well balanced meals for a senior. She has even made some new friends. It has been a pleasant experience and I would recommend it.

Review of Garnet Place - Garden City, ID

From the very first day Mom was admitted, we were aware by observation that this was a special place. She had been in another facility prior to Garnet Place. Mom receives encouragement, love and touch, and friendliness of staff and residents. Very family-oriented atmosphere. Out family visits on a regular basis and always finds her well cared for and participating in fun activities. Thank you, Garnet Place - we love you!

Review of Garnet Place - Garden City, ID

I first toured Garnet Place with Rachel who was very informative and answered all of my questions. I then met with Jamie, whose warm personality made me feel completely comfortable with moving my mother into Garnet Place. Since moving to Garnet Place about three weeks ago, I have to say that I can tell a definite improvement in my mother's attitude. She seems to really enjoy the Garnet Place community, and has had a smile on her face every time I visit.

Review of Garnet Place - Garden City, ID

My elderly mother was living in a nice senior retirement community for about 12 years in Boise, Idaho. In the past 6 months, my mom had a series of falls, breaking bones etc. I have spent months researching assisted living facilities and the many legal issues involved. I visited Garnet Place several times, as well as many other places. I felt that the staff and the facilities at Garnet Place would be the best place for my mom. One of the managers, Jamie Pitts, was extremely helpful to me during my research phase. I am grateful for her help!

Good community

As long as it is not a Medicade situation, this is a good community. They have not been approved through Medicade yet and we are hoping that happens soon. So far so good, my mom is doing alright at Garnet Place. The staff has been real friendly and helpful with me. My mom says the food is pretty good. It is a good location, close to a lot of shopping. The bad thing is they are not emptying her trash on a regular basis. My mom wears adult diapers and we pay extra for the service, they are supposed to empty her trash twice a day and they are not doing that.

Adequate

Overall it was adequate. We were not real happy with the cleanliness as far as my mother was concerned. She did not get the bath like she was suppose to and her clothes were not changed or her sheets changed. Everyone was really friendly though and they gave her her medication like they were suppose to and the food was fine.

Above and Beyond

The lady I spoke to initially, was so nice and already went above and beyond, I am not kidding! She was so good, that I was anxious to meet her. When I got there, the nurse was so nice and knowledgeable and seemed very well-rounded. The activities director met me and even the janitor stopped to talk to me. We were so impressed. It's a really nice place.

Garnet Place

My sister (Sandra Small) and I would like to thank the entire staff at Garnet Place for the compassionate and excellent care you provided our mother -- Zilda Carlson. She was not too happy to have to move to an assisted-living facility and I know she sometimes didn't co-operate with you, but everyone took the time to listen to Mom, to adjust what you were doing, and to make her stay there as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. I also know that you made my sister's life easier because she knew Mom was getting great care, and that allowed her to release some of her worry about Mom.

Sandra told me several times that the staff at Garnet Place really cared about Mom as a person and that was evident in how they interacted with her. Again, thank you for making the last 8 months for Mom's life as good as could be possible.

They seem to really care about their residents

They seem to really care about their residents. They always want to know if there is any problems with the food. My mother is happy there. She likes it. My main complaint would be the food. I think my mom would be happier with another cook. The staff seems real caring and friendly. They are always available to discuss things with you. Everything has been going well at the Garnet Place. It has been positive.

We are very happy with it.

We are very happy with it. When we were looking around we were very taken with Rachel, the full time nurse. She has been very caring, and very responsive. There was a little hitch with the first billing cycle, but they took care of it right away.

Going well so far

Things have gone well so far for my loved one at Garnet Place! We haven't had any problems with the staff for the services that they provide, and my loved one seems to like it here.

This was not a great experience.

We put her in on a Saturday, and took her out on a Monday, only because we couldn't get her out any quicker. The call button didn't work, she was laying in bed urine soaked. She wasn't being taken care of at all. The caregivers were not aware that they had committed to having a two person assist. The caregivers indicate that it was not unusual for the salespeople to say yes we can do these things, but then caregivers are not aware of what they are expected to do. It might have been a red flag that there were less than twenty people in a facility capable of forty. Things may have improved by now, but it's worth closer inspection if you are considering going there.

Rebecca Oistad

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback. Please call Enlivant Customer Support at [removed] so that we may respond directly to your concerns. Your trust and satisfaction is very important to us.

They have been perfect.

They have been perfect. They have taken such good care of me, that I am getting better now so I am ready to move to a more independent community. They are all friendly and they even gave me a big birthday party. It's clean, and the food is good. They have been great!

A beautiful place

A beautiful and clean place. Activities seem to be varied and interesting, more than just bingo and crafts like we seemed to see at other places. Grandma was able to bring her dog, who is family to her, and enjoy her adult beverages. Staff was SO HELPFUL, communicated with us every step of the way and made a difficult time as smooth as possible.

They are very clean and nice...

They are very clean and nice and the food is good and the people are nice, but it’s not a memory care community. It’s a good place for assisted living, but not memory care.

Nice and New

That's really where I would have liked my parents to go but if I remember correctly it was about $1000 more a month. It was really clean. The people were nice. It was newer too.

Garnet Place is located in Garden City, Idaho. We are in a quiet, tree-lined residential neighborhood just south of River Pointe Park. We are close enough to Boise to enjoy their many cultural offerings, sightseeing destinations or just relaxing in one of downtown Boise’s quaint sidewalk cafes.

Our apartments are ideal for one or for a couple and have kitchenettes, individual climate controls and wall to wall carpeting. All apartments have private bathrooms with built in safety features. We are a pet friendly community although certain restrictions do apply. If your out of town guest would like to spend the night we have rooms available just for them.

We strive to be attentive to each resident’s needs by having a personalized care plan that is coordinated by our 24 hour Registered Nursing Staff. We also offer:

•Emergency call system in private bedroom and bathroom
•We provide respite care for surgery recovery and for caregiver relief
•For more serious needs St. Alphonsus Hospital is only five miles away
•We work with families needing urgent placement for their loved one.
•Medication management and assistance with daily living tasks
•Coordination with third party care providers including rehabilitation providers