Our Family Home at Johnstown Road - New Albany, OH

Very Well Kept

Very well kept, clean, location was great, close-by to major highways and convenience places, grocery stores and banks.

The Help we needed at the 11th hour

A Place For Mom saved our family...all of us(siblings) are scattered around the US....Mom and Dad are in Ohio....Mom has Lewey Body Dementia and broke her hip. The Rehab center was eager to release her or keep he drugged up because they weren't equipped to care for her...it was a nightmare...I was on my way on a Friday night to Ohio a 12 hour drive through pouring constant rain...my Dad(86) needed help...I was desperate for help...and then I called A Place For Mom....the voice on the other end...Jane...said, "This is Jane ....I can help you".... I felt relief just at hearing her voice...and then at the 11th hour...our journey began. First she listened to my tearful story and plea for help...then she calmly and supportively provided me with resources, numbers and most of all encouragement and support to get my mom in the right facility to meet her needs. Jane connected me with two other Angels, Lindsey and Betsy...and the facility was just what we needed. It is called Our Family Home, a residential home with 5 residents and two care givers. The perfect fit for my Mom. When no one else would take her...Jane helped me find this place and then worked with Lindsey and Betsy to get the ball rolling. I am forever grateful to these people. Thank you for all you have done to help my family.

Best place for my mother

Mom has dementia, is wheel-chair confined, but has a good spirit. The staff at this home have been wonderful, a refreshing change from the nursing home from which we moved her. I just can't say enough good things about this staff, the respect and care they show to the residents.

Our Family Home has established a new standard for Alzheimer’s and dementia care built upon a desire for making each day the best it can be. We work tirelessly to create a home for those affected by Alzheimer’s or dementia that fosters connectivity and prioritizes their health and safety.

Located in the close-knit residential neighborhood in New Albany, Ohio, our Johnstown Road home provides 24/7 care to up to five residents. Watch the birds from the patio, play cards at the dining room table or enjoy a conversation with loved ones on the couch in the family room. Our homes allow our residents to keep living their lives.

Each home is designed to preserve the livelihood of our residents and our families. This approach has proven to increase levels of contentment, reduce dependence on medications and instill greater peace of mind for our families.

Set up a tour today to learn more about how our principles of quality care, livelihood and more good days may be the right fit for your loved one and you.

“Since moving to Our Family Home I have seen a profound improvement in my father’s level of contentment. His level of awareness has improved and he no longer requires any medication to “control behavior”. Dad smiles often and even though he can no longer converse, I know he is truly happy at Our Family Home. Thanks Evan and all of your wonderful staff, you have made these final years peaceful at last.” Cathy G.

“Over the past six years my mother has lived in two different assisted living facilities. We have had numerous problems and my mother has been very difficult and unhappy. She was anxious and paranoid at times and the over-stimulation in the environment was making it worse… Before we found Our Family Home, there was no place we felt comfortable leaving her. Since she has lived in Our Family Home, she has been happier and healthier…She seems to think of it as her own home and she is more relaxed and trusting. We have decreased her medication and she is more alert and active… I never worry that she is being well cared for as I could tell right away that the staff is very attentive and caring. I am relieved to know she is someplace she wants to be