Sage Park Alzheimer's Special Care Center - Gahanna, OH

Sage Park Alzheimer's Special Care Center - Gahanna, OH has yet not published prices.

The facilities are new, clean and well-appointed. [name removed] showed us around and talked a lot about how they gather information to make each care-plan individual to the resident. Everyone we saw were well-cared for and seemed happy and relaxed.

So many activities

After experiencing care from other communities and looking at other options, I am happy that my mother is here. Everything is going pretty well and I like the facility. The staff here keeps her really engaged and busy. She is always moving around doing activities and is constantly with people which is really good. They have exercise classes in the morning and in the afternoon they have social painting and different things like that. The level of care is really good too. Whenever she needs someone they are always there; the staff is very responsive. The only complaint that I do have is the food. In their kitchen the food that they provide is just poor quality. The dessert is always pudding out of a can, it’s really not nice. I have voiced it to the staff and the cook said to me not too long ago that if I wanted to bring her food they are able to refrigerate it for her. Overall, my mother is receiving the care that she needs here surrounding by great staff. They have a great cost too; price doesn’t change depending on level of care. It’s only based on type of room that they’re in.

My mom is very happy here

Everything is going great here! My mom seems very happy and the staff is wonderful. I was really worried at first with how she would be treated but they’re all so loving and patient. They seem knowledgeable about the care that she needs and they make an effort to make sure they know the names of the residents as well as myself. They do a lot of small things that go above and beyond what you’d expect them to. They’ll do things like polish her nails, which is something that just makes her so happy. They have pictures of the residents on their doors and they’ll write small details about that person so you could read who each resident is, where they came from, hobbies, and things like that. Not only does the staff get to learn about the residents but everyone else gets to as well and it’s great. The facility is spotless and I don’t think I’ve seen a single speck of dust. They have tons of activities, too. One day I went there in the middle of the day and they were bouncing a beach ball back and forth, another day they were singing, and I know they do mini golf. There’s music going all the time, especially in the dining area. I was able to eat there and it’s been delicious. My mom has a lot of food allergies and they’re really careful about what to give her. I’ve noticed that a lot of what they serve is cut up in bite sizes for easier handling, they have light snacks during the day, and they have a rotating menu so you don’t always get the same thing every day. I would definitely recommend it here.

Brand new community!!

I had a tour of this community and thought it was a nice facility but it was under construction and was not even open yet. They seemed to have a nice selection of staff prepared as well as other amenities. I just wanted something more established for my father and experienced.