Friendship Village Columbus - Columbus, OH

[name removed] was great, taking the time to show us all available options. Facility is very good-some in the refresh process but you can tell well maintained. Staff friendly and ready to answer any questions.

Mom's Good Care

We are happy with the care that my mom is getting from this community. The staff is very caring and attentive to her needs. We like knowing that she is in a clean environment. The menu is good and she likes the variety. They offer good activities. We would recommend this community for the care to other families.

A Hidden Gem

I've been living here for 2 weeks and am still unpacking in my free time. The people are friendly and helpful. I've been asked to join many for a meal. They are also great for directions, suggestions, info in general. Not only do I think it's the tops - so do my son and is family.

Too Far For Us

I thought this was a pretty nice community. The guide gave us a nice tour. After seeing the place, we thought the community was not close enough for us to visit my mom. Overall, we really appreciate A Place For Mom, they were helpful and I thank them.

Wonderful people

She is doing pretty well at Friendship Village. The are very nice people there. We do not have any complaints about the staff or the facility. They are wonderful people.

Very nice place, friendly people and great food!

I think they do a wonderful job at Friendship Village of Columbus! It really was a very pleasant experience from day 1. The marketing guy we worked with actually came to my home to introduce himself (and brought dessert!) They were just a huge help throughout the whole move-in process, and really helped Mom get settled in to her new home. She really seems to be enjoying it here! The food here is great, I always make sure that I am Mom's guest the morning they do their Sunday brunch! Another big factor in our decision was that Friendship Village offers all levels of long term care, Mom did not want to have to move again down the line. I highly recommend this place!

My mother spent 3 1/2 years there and really enjoyed her social interactions and services very much.
However, when she passed away, the management became very unresponsive to our attempts to get a portion of her deposit back.
In fact, four months later, they have not given us the amount we should expect back OR any communication as to when that payment will be made.
We contacted the BBB and Ohio Attorney General's office three weeks ago and still have not heard back from the manager even after an early October letter from our attorney.
This lack of response and responsibility has delayed our ability to settle my mother's estate and deepened the sense of loss since her death.

The place has fallen over the years.

The place has fallen over the years.

Overall Good Experience

Overall everyone was pretty nice. The only thing that I didn't agree on was that she constantly kept falling and it didn't seem like her bed was close to the ground. It should have been because she is a fall risk. She was just there for rehab and it went well.

They take medicaid

It took a while for my mother-in-law to get used to it. It's kind of expensive. It's not the most expensive but it's certianly not cheap. They take medicaid people and I think my mother-in-law is going to run out of money eventually so that was a consideration. The care is good. They're really on top of things. My mother-in-law doesn't like the doctor that's attached to the place but I don't know what would suit her. There are a lot of activites. They have a lot of concerts and she likes that.

I didn't think the orientation was good when we first got there. They didn't really explain how things work. We could have used a little more explanation.

Older, but i loved the energy of the ...

Older, but i loved the energy of the place. Very active. Residents very warm and friendly. obviously like being there. Not the greatest neighborhood, but close to us. Seven minutes door-to-door. Beautiful wooded walking area. Interior of the facility felt safe. Feels like a college dorm in a good way.

Visited last year. Too expensive and ...

Visited last year. Too expensive and required up front $ as well as life savings, etc.

Not as close at Wesley Glen or the Fo...

Not as close at Wesley Glen or the Forum, but looks the best. Had Mom's records faxed here to see where she might fit...Memory Care or Assisted Living Level 5.

Community manager was extremely nice....

Community manager was extremely nice. Community not quite what I'm looking what i"m looking for.

At Friendship Village of Columbus, we want our residents to have the independence they love and the care they need; that’s why we are proud to offer Lifecare. Lifecare combines the freedoms and benefits of Independent Living with access to top-notch, on-site care for life at a predictable price.