Felicita Vida Senior Living - Escondido, CA

A Tour With a Different Community

The tour I had was fine. It was a good view of the community. Everything is saw was good. I was looking for a place that was more small with the homelike atmosphere. The person I met with was nice and professional.

Bumps moving in but great since then

Felicita's caring and attentiveness to my Mother's needs has been wonderful. There were some issues with her moving in process, but since then, everything has been exceptional. I am so relieved and grateful to have my Mother in their care.

Good first impression

We toured this community when looking for a place for my father. It was very nice during our tour and well maintained.The staff was friendly and able to answer our questions. We just didn't feel like it was the best fit for my father and chose another community in the area.

Felicita Vida

We were very impressed with Felicita Vida. It has a resort feel and lovely garden areas and caring staff. We chose Felicita for our mother because we felt they would take care of her as one of their family! Come and check the facility you will be glad you did!

Helpful Staff !!

The staff at this community has been extremely helpful on helping my loved one become acquainted and comfortable with his new living environment. The meals are tasty with lots of variety for healthy options. I would defiantly recommend this facility.

Not the right Place!

The community was nice. The staff was very helpful in answering any questions that I had. The dining room in the community seemed a bit small. The tour was great and helpful just not the place for my loved one.

I really like this facility. The fact that there are the 5 levels of care on the same site is a real plus.

Faulty Pendants cause broken back - beware!

My Father's pendant was not working and he fell trying to go to the bathroom by himself. He broke 2 vertebrae in his back and may never walk again as a result of this fall. While falls are very common for seniors, there is a distinct chance that we could have avoided the fall and fractures if his pendant was working. Felicita Vida management never formally apologized for this pendant failure. They continue to lure people in with 10 min response times that are not realistic. They have no system in place that notifies them when a pendant is offline or not working. This should be very scary for anyone considering this place.

Since Mar 2016, there has been significant employee turnover including the most important people: Executive Director, Assisted Living Director, Chef, Med Techs, caregivers etc. This is very troubling since the facility just opened in 2015. They seem to hire very young & inexperienced care givers who, while are very energetic & willing, need more training to "know" the right thing to do.

For how expensive this place is, the food is just okay and really needs more healthy fresh greens (not just lame salads) and fresh cut fruits. Too many carbs and sweets.

The facility is nice & new and the sales gals are great. You would be very wise to dig deeper & ask about how many/why residents have moved out recently AND also understand how the new management is going to deliver great care of your loved one.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!

My review of this place can be summarized in several words: DON'T GO THERE!!!!
I toured the place while looking for a memory care facility for my mother. The "sales rep" assured me that the staff was well-trained and experienced in dementia.
HAHAHA, what a joke! When I checked my mom in, I was shocked!!!
My mom was left alone in her room for many hours, without any activities or other engagement. They're seriously UNDER staffed, UNDER trained, and POORLY run, and should loose their license. Basically, I was paying thousands of dollars a month for a room for her to sit in!
After a week, I removed my mother, knowing that I could not subject her to the woefully substandard care she was getting.
The place is run by a corporation in Carlsbad, and they refused to fully refund my money, forcing me to take them to court to recover.
BE WARNED: AVOID THIS FACILITY IF YOU WANT A QUALITY FACILITY FOR YOUR LOVED ONE!!

PS. As I learned the hard way, this same corporation also manages "[Removed]", another joke of a "memory care" facility in [Removed], so I strongly recommend that you stay clear of that facility, as well!

Broken promises!

Having my Mom as a resident has given us nothing but issues. The initial meeting with them was great. They made promises for an ipod which Mom never received. We are paying for housekeeping yet I change Mom's sheets. The dining experience is most definitely not up to par. Most of the staff are young girls that pay no attention to the residents. The activities that are scheduled never happen. I am thinking of bringing Mom home with me if things don't improve.

Our experience with Felicita Vida

At first glance this is a gorgeous facility! When I went on my first tour I was greeted by an enthusiastic facility director and was shown around. Every turn revealed a beautiful and well thought out design. When you walk through the door you don't feel like your in a "nursing home" just the kinda place you want your loved one to be. But, that's were it al fell short. My mother was excited about moving there but the food is awful and the "care" is lacking. We have had to hire are own care givers who cooks meals at our house and brings them to her. My mother really wanted help with medications. We were told a "nurse" would manage the meds and her care plan. The biggest disappointment is that "assisted care" is a very vague term. It does not provide medical care. The nurse does not act in the capacity of a nurse she just trains "med techs "to hand your loved one their medication and we have been repeatedly told that they are not nurses and are not able to determine what the client need. So why are they giving the meds? It makes no sense, but it with in the law. No one checks to see if the meds are correct or the right Doctor is ordering the meds. And if your loved one needs a "when necessary medication( (prn).. Good luck because the med tech can't tell your loved one they have it. The brighter side , the activities are awesome! Ashley is an effervescent young lady who gives her heart to the place. She has developed activities that are geared for the individual and mentally stimulating. We would pull our mother out today if We didn't think the staff really wants to make things right. If your looking for a beautifully stimulating environment for your loved one this is it. Hopefully they will fix the medication dispensing service I know we would pay what it would cost to have a real nurse there controlling that and improve the food being served.
Felicita Vida is a beautiful place. It has the potential to be the best care facility in north county.

Review of Felicita Vida - Escondido, CA

Beautiful luxury. My Mother would love this place. They had alot to offer her. Everyone was very nice. Brittany covered everything. This could be great for her recovery onsite physical therapy has alot to offer.Considering Respite to independent living

Review of Felicita Vida - Escondido, CA

Facility is newer with very nice rooms dining and courtyard areas. Ample guest parking. Lots of choices of activities for residents

Going really well

Everything seems to be going really well. We do not have any complaints or problems just yet with the staff or the facility. So far, everything is going great and we are having a good experience there overall.

The facility was beautiful, clean and warm. Everyone we met was friendly and professional. Those of us on the tour agreed we'd like to live there.

Going good

Things are going good at Felicita Vida. So far, there are no complaints about the staff or the facility.

Fantastic

Fantastic

Not happy

She is there and she is not happy there. I would rather not go into all the details at this time, but I will be speaking with them next week.

Good Experience Overall

Well I do think that overall it has been a good experience with all of the staff members at Felicita Vida, but I really think there should be a little more attention given to the residents that are there.

Wonderful experience

The facility and the land that the facility is on are beautiful. The staff is friendly and caring. Everyone is just so warm and inviting. It has truly been a wonderful experience so far at this facility.

So far so good

Felicita Vida is a beautiful facility. She is really happy there. The staff are amazing and so friendly. I really do not have any complaints about this facility at this time. It has really been a great experience. So far so good.

Brand New Facility

I don't think they can improve on anything. It is a brand new facility. They are all friendly and anxious to help my mom and they go above and beyond what her old facility was doing. They know their business.

It is like being at a resort!

The property is excellent. We couldn't have picked a better place. The staff is very friendly and the property is laid out very nice. The only reason I say 4 is because there is only 1 elevator. The other thing is the a/c in the room blows hard but they are working on it.