Oak Trace - Downers Grove, IL

Oak Trace

I toured Oak Trace while looking at living options for my father. I liked the community and thought it was very nice, but it seemed too institutional for me. I was looking for a place that was more comfortable with a bright, cheery feel, and I just didn’t find that at Oak Trace.

Michelle Hart-Carlson

We appreciate your feedback. We have recently embarked on a multi-million-dollar redevelopment and expansion. This project will add a brand new health center, approximately 160 new residential living apartments, and numerous amenities such as private courtyards, dining options and a fitness center and spa. If you’d like any additional information on this project, or you’d like to come back for another visit, don’t hesitate to give us a call.

Very happy with Oak Trace!

Mom had such a wonderful experience at Oak Trace. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They provided an excellent level of care. The community is well kept and maintained very well. Mom would still be here if they had an intermittent level of care between assisted living and skilled nursing.

Michelle Hart-Carlson

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We’re happy to learn that you and your mother enjoyed your experience at the Oak Trace Health Center. Our team members’ knowledge and compassion sets them apart from other senior living communities in the area. We strive to provide an environment that delivers the highest level of care, while always looking for ways to further enhance our services. If we can answer any questions or be of any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Administrator, Oak Trace

Stay Far Away

My father was in this facility recovering from a stroke. The CNA's and social worker were wonderful. That is the only nice thing I can say about this facility. It was dirty, smelled, and was run down. The nursing staff was horrible! Very unfriendly and no one followed through on anything. He was supposedly seen by a Dr. daily but this Dr. was never seen. Medications were not given as needed. My father was never given a shower unless we BEGGED for him to be given one. He was left on his own to feed himself even though he had paralysis and feeding was difficult. Therapy staff never followed through on requests, equipment was never ordered or was lost. Do not send your loved one to this facility.

Lisa Ryan

We're so sorry your father's experience at Oak Trace was not a pleasant one; we certainly pride ourselves on providing a resident and family experience that is much different from the one you describe.

Please reach out to me at [removed]. I'm speaking with our team members to provide you with additional information and determine how we can make this right. Your father's health and well-being are important to us.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sincerely,

Lisa Ryan,
Director of Communications;
Lifespace Communities

Overall Happy with Oak Trace

Mom's got some dementia and we have had some problems with communication. Everything else we are happy with. There is plenty of space to walk around. We visited fourteen places and we like this one the best. Of course, she was there three months and they raised the rent. All the other things are four to five.

Lisa Ryan

Thank you for the feedback. We're so pleased your mom's experience at Oak Trace has been positive; we're very proud of our team members there, and of the quality of service and care they provide. Feel free to reach out to me anytime with concerns or other feedback. Sincerely, Lisa Ryan, Director of Communications, Lifespace Communities; [removed]

Mom Loves It!!

It's great. My mom loves it! Everything is just perfect for her. The cleanliness is a 6! It's still sticker shock, the whole thing, but from what I've seen I think the value is still good. Overall, it's exactly what she though she was getting into.

Oak Trace, located in Downers Grove, IL, is not-for-profit continuing care retirement community that offers a continuum of living options. Catered living, skilled nursing care and memory support are all situated right on campus. With everything so close by, you'll know that you can find whatever you need within the community with the help of people who know you and your needs. The skills are on-premise, some rooms are private, the setting is familiar, and the staff knows who you are. It’s a continuum built on respect for the individual.

For a little help with daily living activities, we provide Catered Living based on a personalized plan. We offer studios and suites, three meals daily, and a warm, friendly, neighborhood-like environment.

Professional caregivers assist with: • Bathing • Dressing • Medication management • Mobility To meet other health care needs, we offer: • Long-term skilled nursing • Respite care • Pain management (palliative) • Memory support • Medicare-approved rehabilitative care, including physical, occupational and speech therapies Residents can enjoy their home in naturalistic surroundings on the partially wooded 40-acre campus. Features include a bird sanctuary, nature area, picnic pavilion, outdoor amphitheater, specialty gardens, pond, walking paths, and wildlife. Oak Trace’s award-winning Project PEP Program on the campus gives residents of Oak Trace and the community-at-large a multitude of opportunities to use their talents to serve, create, learn and share their experiences and wisdom with others.

Owned and operated by Lifespace Communities, Inc., Oak Trace is part of a multi-state senior living system of renowned financial stability, industry-wide recognition and more than 35 years of service.