Cordia Senior Residence - Westmont, IL

I was contacted by [name removed] and she mailed me a brochure. They are too expensive and not closer to my son. She called back and I relayed my opinion.

Very nice facility. When my mother is ready, I'll schedule a tour with her.

Went on a tour here - Several current residents stopped and talked to me - telling me how great this place is. Seems like a lot is going on all the time, and my co-workers mom is here (did not know that when I started looking). She says the care is excellent. Very impressed. (Now if I can just convince my mom to move!)

Wonderful Choice

Cordia Senior Residence has been a wonderful choice for my aunt. We are so happy with the level of care that they are providing for her. They are also working with us while we are in the process of selling the house to be able to stay here. The staff is very organized and the environment is very warm and welcoming. I have dined there with my aunt and the food is quite good. They have a resident Dr. and nurse on board so my aunt has switched Dr.s because she likes him and it is so convenient. They offer an assortment of activities in and outside of the community such as golf, casinos, and shopping. My aunt has a dog as her main activity and the other residents enjoy having him there too. The maintenance crew was amazing, they helped her hang things to make her place so it looks just like home and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this community to others.

Clean Property!!

My father has recently moved into this community and I am hoping to get my mother there shortly too. The staff are very attentive to his needs and make sure he is comfortable in his new living environment. They have a great activity program available to him if he chooses to enjoy throughout the week. The only complaint he has so far is the meals. He thinks there could be better quality and more of a variety to choose from.

Lori Langhamer

I am so happy your dad is enjoying his life here at Cordia. I look forward to having your mom join him soon. I am glad he is finding our staff is very attentive to his needs, and that he is able to take advantage of the multitude of programs Cordia provides. Creating opportunities for our residents to continue to lead a meaningful life is important to the entire Cordia staff. We also take great pride in providing high quality food and a wide variety of options for each meal so our residents have a great dining experience every day! I will talk to your dad directly to see what concerns he has, and if there is something in particular he might want to see on the menu. We work closely with our residents to make sure they have selections that meet there needs and are delicious! Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance. [removed]

Mom is Well

So far everything is working out pretty well for my mother since her move to this community. They have a excellent staff, and they are providing her with great care. The meals are good. Everything is working out well for us in this community overall.

Visited the residence. its a nice place. Clean, bright, and everyone looked happy. It would seem a nice fit for my dad. Only problem is the cost, $5000 or so. Its possible, but would stretch us pretty thin.

More expensive!

The Cordia Senior Residence was nice but it was pretty far from we were looking. The place was also quite expensive compared to the other communities we were touring. Other than that, it was a nice clean place and everyone was very friendly.

I like the care here at this community. The staff is caring to all his needs. He is very happy with the meals that are offered. He is active in a lot of the activities. He likes being able to get out and socialization with the other residents. This is a very nice community that I recommend to other families.

Food is not good. Elevators are always down.

Lori Langhamer

Thank you for letting us know about your concerns. I am not sure if you just visited or if you or someone you know lives here... I am so sorry that you did (do) not enjoy your meal here. Our chef takes great pride in the high quality food he prepares. Our residents continually let how much they enjoy what he creates. I would be happy to meet with you personally to address any concerns you have. Again, I apologize if one of our elevators was not working when you visited. I assure you, our elevators work properly and are well maintained. We have routine service done to our elevators to keep them in great working order, I am guessing that might be what was happening when you visited. If you would like to discuss this or any other concerns please don't hesitate to contact me at [removed].

Family is Satisfied

The whole family are satisfied with my mother moves to this community. Everything has worked out well since her move to this community. She is still adjusting to the community, but we know she is safe and being cared for well here. The staff is great, they are caring for her and her needs very well. This is a great community, and overall we are very pleased with all they have done for us.

Helping My Friend

It was a good experience for my friend. The care was great for his wife and him. It also was a good fit for the both of them.

Knowledgeable Tour Guide!!

I would recommend a tour of Cordia Senior Residence to friends and family. The staff met along the tour were nice. The tour guide showed me the dinning room, and the bedrooms of the community. Everything looked very clean and well organized. The guide answered all of my questions and concerns. Activities and meal plans are offered on site.

Cordia is everything we were hoping for!!!

Mom is in independent living at this community. The staff are very nice and always willing to help. The food is good they have good portions and a good variety. The community is clean and they have a nice garden with a fish pool. I would recommend this community and I want to thank A Place For Mom for recommending it to us.

Truly Exceptional Home for Mom

Our mother has only been at Cordia for a couple of weeks, but so far we are very pleased. The staff are extremely welcoming and caring. The residents that we have seen and talked to all seem friendly and happy there. The facility is very clean and elegant looking. There are a lot of activities to participate in. Local transportation is provided for the residents several times a week to different locations. Cordia also seemed to provide a better value for our family. I think Mom will be very happy here. It is the kind of place I would choose for myself someday!

They keep it really nice. They go to bingo and watch movies and some music presentations. They have been there for a month and a half and getting settled in. The property is nice and my parents like it.

The lobby seemed a bit casual or not well-thought-out, but once past that, I realized how professional the operation was and what an excellent design this home has. Everything here is top-notch, including the decor and the layout of the apartments. Assisted and independent living is intermixed. The resident services and activities seem very good and the home is improving services for the sight-impaired. The administrator was very friendly, knowledgeable, and generous with her time.

Wonderful community!

My dad and mom lived her for 2 yeas before my mom passed. Dad is still there! Having their Cordia family and friends around when mom passed made it so much easier on my dad. They provided great care for my mom! (She even got hospice care right there in her apartment). There are surprisingly a lot of men (which my dad likes). Now my Dad is even more active and involved. He says loves the food and wine ever night! We could not be happier with the decision they made over 3 years ago - I would highly recommend this place!

Very nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this was a very nice place overall! It really looks fabulous, it is like a fancy hotel on the inside! It wouldn't have been the best fit for the loved one we were searching for at the time, but I joked with a family member that now I knew where I was going when I get to that age! They are definitely worth a look if you're looking into senior living in the area!

Great Place!

We selected Cordia for our mom about a year ago! Mom was very very nervous, we almost could not get her in the door on move in day. The staff was so wonderful. She now says it was the best decision of her life (outside of marrying my dad and having us kids i hope!). She is so happy, so busy with all the fun things they do and places they go! We would recommend Cordia to anyone looking for a place for their loved one!!

Mom is so happy!

My mom moved in about 6 months ago. She was quite reluctant to move, but now she loves it. She is busy when she wants to be and has a beautiful apartment when she wants her privacy. She has made several good friends. She likes the staff - says they make her feel comfortable and safe. She also loves the food. I am so glad we picked this place.

Met with Lori and she showe...

Met with Lori and she showed me around and I was very impressed with everything. Received paperwork with prices. Brought home to share with husband,sister in law, and brother in law.Dining area is so clean.

parents live here and Love it!

My brother and I looked at 6 senior facilities over about a month. We both thought Cordia had the most to offer my parents. I went back unannounced early one morning and found lots of seniors laughing and talking and playing cards over a cup of coffee. I I brought my mom to see it (again unannounced) and they offered us lunch and showed her around. She loved it - but we knew how much my dad wanted to stay home! (he wouldn't even come in for a look). Well - we moved all there stuff in and he saw it for the first time on move in day. It took him about a month - but now says he is happy!! WE LOVE this place! So glad i found it for my parents!!

It was mom's favorite! hope to move her in soon!

Toured this community last week. We looked at 4 other communities as well. This one seemed like it had the happiest residents! Lots going on - they had a concert in the main room when we were there and lots of card games and people chatting all over the building... We stopped lots of residents as we walked around - and they all said they were very happy. Very clean and comfortable! We have a meeting with their nurse next week to set up some care for my mom! We loved it!!

rooms too small, did not li...

rooms too small, did not like the atmosphere, too expensive, did not like that they showed a room while someone was in it- left with a bad feeling

Lori Langhamer

Sorry you felt uncomfortable seeing a current resident's apartment. Sometimes we are completely full so it is the only way we can show apartments. We have a hand full of residents that enjoy showing their apartments and meeting prospective residents.

Not Very Pretty

I really wasn't crazy about Cordia. We seriously considered it because of location, but it wasn't as nice as the other places that we visited. It was kind of small ish and not very pretty.

Dad is happy

My father has lived at Cordia for a short time. He enjoys the meals, the programs, and the other residents. Be aware that nursing care is not available at Cordia, so it would not be for someone needing that, although I was advised that private outside help can be brought in.

Wouldn't have worked for my parents

To me, it was very expensive for what it was and it was right off a main road so it wasn't condusive to my parents being outside. A girl I work with, her mom is there and the rooms are beautiful but the people just seemed really old and they didn't seem very active which wouldn't have worked for my parents.

Five-star place all the way!

After researching and visiting other Assisted Living facilities, we brought our Mom to Cordia after a short stay in the hospital because she could no longer live alone. From the first day, my Mom was impressed with everything--from the friendliess of the staff, how clean and comfortable everything was, to the fabulous food! But more importantly, we knew she was safe and would be well taken care of by Shelly and her staff.

In fact, I joke and say I would hope that when the time comes for me (when I can no longer live alone), that Cordia will have a room for me. Get the BINGO game started...

Anyone that is faced with this decision knows how emotionally and physically draining this process can be to find a place to care for your parent or loved one, but we immediately felt that we made the right decision entrusting Cordia with the care of my Mom.

Concerts, Therapy Dogs, and Gardening - Oh My!

It's worked out very well. I think it's a wonderful place. In terms of the lifestyle and the amenities I would give them a 5 but if the cost is included I would lower it to a 4 because it is quite expensive. Mother went in using 3 different kind of assistance - dressing, bathing, and escorting to meals. She stopped using two of them and she didn't know to tell the office that so we were still getting charged. I talked to the office and they retroactively credited our account!

Every night after dinner they have a sing along with piano accompaniment, at least 2 concerts a week, arts and crafts. Occasionally therapy dogs will come in. They even have a raised, table-height flower bed in the garden so people can sit in a wheelchair if the have to and garden.

Unless you have the dough, it's not the place for everyone. We're lucky my mom is all set.

Studio with kitchen about $3,500 (med...

Studio with kitchen about $3,500 (meds&blood testing approx $280/month). Cordia has a baby grand piano with nightly singing--the residents are more involved with the activities. Has very nice atmosphere. No pool. Thursday a Lutheran pastor visits with a service?

Beautiful location with a very friend...

Beautiful location with a very friendly staff. It might be a little expensive.

Cordia Senior Residence is taking senior living to a new level and it all begins with the fresh and innovative approach that we take towards it. Through our staff and a variety of unique and engaging programs, we inspire our residents to lead lives on the own terms. At Cordia Senior Residence, we strive to meet all the needs of our residents - including intellectual, cultural, physical, spiritual and emotional. We focus on the individual and ensure that each resident can lead the life they want to.

Stop by and see for yourself the active and carefree lifestyle our residents enjoy!