Sunrise of Willowbrook - Willowbrook, IL

Our experiance

Recently we moved our father in sunrise. The day we went to sign the papers for admission we were informed that there would be an additional charge of $18.00 a day to give him his medicine, surprise. Because we felt under pressure we went ahead anyway. Even though none of his medication that he's been taking on his own without a problem is life threatening. Then we were informed yesterday that he can't leave the grounds to walk. He usually walks a couple if miles a day. It keeps him alive. He said he was getting dizzy just walking around the building, joke. When i call today I'm just about sure that they want me to rent a monitor for how much I can't wait to find out. I explained with no reaction from the staff that we already before we moved in went over the ridiculously easy rout he would take. One simple way out and back no turns. He even told them what road he walked to. Granted my father vis not all there but he's not lost it either. Am currently exploring other facilities that would suit my wonderful father.

My mother loves living at Sunrise!

Loved the environment. Only consideration is lack of skilled nursing/hospice for later stages.

I met with [Name removed] who was awesome! The downstairs area was very nice and home-like. However I took it off my list when I toured a studio apt. The carpet reminded me of low-grade classroom carpeting. The studio in general was just okay...needed some updating.

Feels more like a business than a home

I took a tour of this facility but I didn’t really like it for my parents. The people in the memory care center seemed to need more help than what my parents would and I wasn’t sure that they were really getting the amount of care they needed, just from what I saw. The whole place felt more like a corporate business than a home.

Sunrise Senior Living

Good Morning. Thank you for touring Willowbrook. We are sorry to hear about your experience at our community. We take your comments very seriously and would like to speak with you further to learn more. Please do consider emailing information (at) sunriseseniorliving (dot) com with your contact information so that we can connect. Thank you, The Sunrise Team

I toured this community

When I toured this community it was not assisted living and mom needs some assistance. The apartment layout was just odd. It was bright, nice, and cheery. But just wasn't a good fit.

I Liked it

This community was very nice and clean.The staff was really accomadating with questions we had. It only had 2 levels of care and I was afraid something may got wrong with dad and I don't want him to be moved again if something were to happen. So we had to go with another community.

Bright, Cheery, and Comfortable

Sunrise at Willowbrook is a cheery, bright, and welcoming community. It doesn’t bring you down, and it just feels very welcoming and comforting. The staff and the other residents are friendly and nice as well. While I didn’t eat there, I did visit during mealtimes, and the food always looked great and smelled wonderful. The community was always clean, and they had several activities for the residents each day including games, cards, outings, and others. I would recommend such a welcoming community to others.

walked in unannounced. Did not seem like it would be a good fit for my active mom. Most residents seemed to need a lot of help... Left without a "real" tour.

A excellent tour for care

I toured this community. The staff was nice and caring. The menu looked to be appealing and the community was clean and has a good environment about it for the residents to enjoy. The activities are available for the residents who are able to participate. We want a community that we could afford at this time. We would recommend this community for the care for others.

Good Experience

I had a pleasant tour of this community. Everything went well,and everyone was very kind. The community looked good. My questions were answered, it was a nice experience overall.

Loved One In Good Hands

So far everything is working out well for my cousin with her move to this community. From what her son tells me, she is safe, and receiving good care. The staff is good, they have been attentive, and helpful overall. We do feel she is in good hands at this community.

Feels like home!

My mother is doing very well at the Sunrise of Willowbrook. She is having some medical problems and they are doing a fine job keeping track of her. We chose this community because it has a home-like atmosphere and the food appeared to be more home cooked than other places that we toured.

We have chosen Sunrise in Willowbrook for Mom. The reasons are many from physical layout of the building to pricing of the care levels to personable staff & cleanliness. Homemade food is important to mom's low sodium diet also. It is convenient to family members along the I-55 corridor. Personal mailbox outside her door & hallway seating areas are nice perks. Now I hope she likes it as she hasn't seen it trusting our judgment. Thanks for your help at this confusing & stressful time. Mom is looking forward to a new life there.

Not the best fit!

The Sunrise of Willowbrook was a very nice place, it was maintained very well and the guy that ran the place took us on our tour. He was very nice and knowledgeable, and the building was very large. There were residents walking around, doing activities, and all seemed very happy. we just found another community that for my mother's needs better.

Kind to My Family and Myself

We had a great tour of this community. Everyone was friendly and very kind. This was one of my top picks for my mother and her needs. The staff was nice and informative. Everything went well, and it was a good experience. They were very nice to my family and I.

We like it!

The staff are very interactive, personable and we have good communication with them. The food looks fine and mom seems to like it. They offer a variety of activities including bingo, sewing and outings. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

Need Better Services!!

There have been so many recent changes in the community that the corporate management did. During dinner there are no waitresses or waiters serving meals it's the caregivers now doing that. The residents had two choices at dinner time now it's one and everyone is trying to get in there to make sure they receive dinner. Some of the activities that are offered don't really match their age group. The staff is very nice and attentive they try their best. All the recent changes have changed the quality of life of the residents.

Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise of Willowbrook is an assisted living facility. We have found that the majority of seniors there are really closer to nursing care patients. It would have been nice to know just how many people there are really not so with it anymore. If your loved one doesn't find a few people to connect with it is a rather depressing place. Also the meals are serving very close together with dinner beginning st 4:30. What are people supposed to do from 5:5:30 till 10:00 at night. There should be 2 servings for dinner. Cost cutting measures significantly reduce people's quality of life and are not worth the savings

I have no complaints!

The staff that offered the tour of Sunrise of Willowbrook were very nice and very helpful. They were all wonderful and took the time to explain all that they had to offer. The community is beautifully kept and very well maintained. If mom did not require a higher level of care this community would have worked perfectly.

Positive Atmosphere!!

My brother took a tour of the community and he really liked it. From what he mentioned the staff met was attentive. The tour guide provided him with the proper information about the community. They have a wide amount of activities for the residents as well as resident parking available. The only thing that didn't work out was the location of the community it was not near family.

Dad seems very happy at Sunrise!!!

My dad is still settling into Sunrise of Willowbrook. He is in independent living and the staff are there for him if he needs anything. The medical staff show an interest in how he is doing and keep us updated. Dad rides his bike numerous times a week and is slowly making friends. I cannot say anything about the food as I have not tried it. I would recommend this community.

it's like I've got my husband back

Sunrise of Willowbrook is wonderful. The staff there are terrific. It's like I've got my husband back. He is so much calmer. He loves the place. It's a real gift. Right now they are transitioning to a new activities director. I think they could use a little more activities. They seem to have a lot of vacancies of staff, I hope they get them filled fairly soon. I am sure all of the positions will be filled soon though. The staff really are so good to him and so patient. I am really happy with this facility.

outstanding

I am thrilled by the wonderful care my husband is receiving in the memory care unit at Sunrise of Willowbrook .

It's very homey there.

I feel that it's very homey there. My mother actually adjusted quickly. They have been very helpful with her adjustment, and everything else. The facility is very clean and has beautiful grounds. The communication with the staff has been good. I think they could improve on the activities. More choices of activities would be nice. Everything else has been very good. I would recommend the Sunrise of Willowbrook.

They have gone out of their way to make my parents happy.

They have gone out of their way to make my parents happy. If you have any complaints, they fix them. My dad didn't like the temperature of the area we were in and they moved us to a different area. I am very happy and pleased with this facility. The food is excellent. My mother was at a previous facility before. The staff at Sunrise of Willowbrook are more upbeat and positive. I would recommend this place.

Nice place, very homey and comfortable.
Does not have some of the things we are looking for that would be a fit.

Nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this was a very nice place overall! The staff we met were friendly, and the facility itself was well kept and clean. We ended up going with another facility, but this is definitely somewhere we would have considered.

There are doing a good job so far.

There are doing a good job so far. Her care is really good. I would use them again if I had another family member that needed to go somewhere, I would use them again. You still need to be there and pay attention to them, they aren't 100%, I don't think anyone is. But they are very good.

A new home for grandma

My grandmother just moved into this community on Sept. 11th! The staff is wonderful and the activities are great! Grandma has adjusted very well to her new home and is enjoying all the fun activities planned throughout the day!

Review of Sunrise of Willowbrook Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Willowbrook, IL

Nice enough -

Sunrise Willowbrook

It is really not fair for us to rate this facility yet, as its the first week of our parent's stay there. They are homesick and missing their former routine. The staff is very kind and helpful and their room is lovely. I think there could have been more "welcoming" activities (even introducing my folks at mealtime) but the activities director has tried to get my dad involved and right now he isn't cooperating. I think once my parents are in the routine they will do better, but their dementia clouds the success. We will work with the staff and hopefully in time things will be just fine. Adjustment for seniors in a new living situation I'm sure is hard for most everyone that moves in. We look forward to better days ahead.

went to meet with Nicole. S...

went to meet with Nicole. Seen studio, 1bed and 2bedr, Dining area, activities and the assisted living was lively with many women in wheel chairs. But clean and no odor

Feels like home

Sunrise of Willowbrook has been home to my parents for almost 2 years now and I can't say enough about how great it is. We lost my dad to Alzheimer's a few months ago, but my mom is still a resident there. Dad was able to remain there with excellent care until he passed and everyone was phenominal during that difficult time and supported our family, especially my mom. She has so many friends and activities which she loves and staff feel like family and go above and beyond for her. They have been able to meet her complex medical needs as well as her spiritual and emotional needs and work closely with us (her kids) to make her quality of life the best it can be. It is awesome that pets are welcome because they bring so much joy to my mom and the other residents. Finding Sunrise of Willowbrook was a true blessing for our family.

Sunrise is just wonderful! My loved o...

Sunrise is just wonderful! My loved one has not once asked to go back home! The activities really aren't her thing, but they do offer them! The only issue is the billing. It goes through their corporate office in OH, so there is sometimes a delay in the payments showing up. However, we have not had any discrepancies in our bills. Lee, the Director, is a lovely woman. Max, who does the billing, called me and explained how it all works, and now I know what to expect.

The care is great! The staff are all wonderful, all the way down to the waitresses! They all get to know the residents so well! The daily caregivers are just great, too! My loved one is really enjoying herself here, and it's so nice for the family as well!

We are as pleased as can be.

We are as pleased as can be. The staff has been very good to work with, they answer our questions, fill in the blanks, tell us where to go. The residents talk to each other. They are either in the library, or the t.v. room, out on the porch, in the bistro, and they are talking to each other! When you walk in, you hear the sound of life. The staff is very good with introducing people when they first move in, it's very well planned so that the people there feel like they are home as opposed to in a home. She is content and has taken to liking the place. It's big enough so there were people around and yet not so big, that you get a sense of being lost like in the bigger facilities. As we talk they have assured us that she pretty much can stay in the same apartment through hospice, so she won't have to move from section to section. There is also a nursing staff on site 24-7 which was hard to find in a lot of places. It's set in a particular way so it can look like any of the houses in the area, so it doesn't look like a hotel or industrial in any way. This happened to fall at the lower end of the budget we had so the pricing is very fair. They have a monthly brunch that the families are invited to, which is very good by the way, and the directors are the ones who wait on the tables. They are very cognizant of being on the floor and chatting with the residents. They encourage people with small pets, and they have a house dog everyone enjoys. There is a sense of home, and the beauty shop works real well. Some of the activities are kind of corny, according to my loved one. She has a lovely apartment and it's not teeny weeny, she is able to keep her independence and has her own home her own apartment, with a separate sitting area, not just one tiny room. They have a bus and will go shopping, and they have a lunch bunch that will go out to lunch. The one thing that might help sometimes is, while they have a cleaning staff there they could use a maintenance person or handyman type person.

They Couldn't Provide The Care We Needed

My mom's been out of there for a little while now. She needed more care and we couldn't afford upstairs, the memory care, and even if we could they didn't have any openings. It's really too bad they didn't assess her correctly in the first place. They tried to take care of her but after falling so many times I just didn't feel that was good enough. I was kind of disappointed that they didn't admit they couldn't provide the care she needed from the start. The people there were very nice but they really really need to screen people. She was there not even two months and they kept the deposit. When we moved her in they didn't clean the carpet or paint the room. I get that they are trying to accommodate people getting in there quickly but it kind of felt like it was all about the money. I mean, why didn't they tell us she really needed more care than they could provide?

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with our community. Please know that the safety and well-being of our residents are our top priorities. We’d like to learn more; please contact us at [removed]. –The Sunrise Team

Excellent

The service at Sunrise in Willowbrook has met or exceeded every expectation. The staff is friendly and attentive. Their care for the residents is top notch. The fellow residents are very nice people. All of this creates a very nice sense of community while being respectful of privacy.

Working out some kinks

We chose Sunrise of Willowbrook because we really liked what we heard about the staff. We heard about how good they are and how friendly they are, since we have been here they have really lived up to it. They have a very low turn over rate with the staff; the executive director has actually been working here 13 years. It is located off a busy road but here are houses that shield it from the road. It really has a home like feeling and doesn't give the institutionalized feeling. We are dealing with a couple of issues but they aren't major ones, like had gave donuts for a snack rather then something healthy. Small things like that but the staff really has a very open line of communication and try to help as best as they can. We are very happy with our choice and my loved one really seems happy here.

Place looked dark and dated but still...

Place looked dark and dated but still warm and friendly. workers seemed a little dishelved but maybe due to the day ending. Place smelled dusty and old unlike other facilities. Furniture was no longer fresh looking. Place is 10 years old. Has a smoking porch and was close by.