Brookdale Burr Ridge - Burr Ridge, IL

Brookdale Burr Ridge - Burr Ridge, IL has yet not published prices.

Did not seem cozy enough for mom. More like a hotel/hospital.

The people there were very friendly and warm. The main sell was the fact that they have BOTH asst. living as well as skilled nursing. I also loved the decor, it was very beautiful and up to date!

My dad love it here

We chose this community because of the feeling that we got when we toured this community. It is very inviting and when you walk in it doesn't smell like urine. My dad is making friends and loves the activities such as pet therapy. The staff is very friendly and caring. They were accommodating when we were moving dad in.The dining room is so elegant and the food is good. I would recommend this community. And a Place for Mom was so helpful.

Care and options

I like this community for the excellent tour that we received. I was happy with seeing such friendly and caring staff. The community offers a clean environment. The menu and the list of activities would have been helpful to my brothers care. We would recommend this community for the many choices of care.

Great Care for mom and dad

This is a great community. The staff is outstanding. I am happy knowing that the community is clean and maintained. The menu is outstanding and they are pleased with the nice variety. We would recommend this community for all type of care. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of there loved ones.

Care and Comfort

This is a nice community. We are happy with the wonderful staff. I like knowing that he is getting good care. They staff make sure that he is offered the activities. He seems to be please with the menu. Families would be more than happy with the great care and the wonderful value for loved ones

This is a fine establishment!

My loved one's stay at Brookdale was just fine! Though my loved one required a very specific level of care, the staff did their best to work with his condition in any way that they could. My main concern is the fact that the communication between myself and the staff, as far as directions and preferences for the care of my loved one, could have been better.

We are very happy with our choice!

The Brookdale Burr Ridge is a perfect fit for my loved one. He likes it there and we are very pleased with the facility. The place is clean and they feed him very well, the food looks great! We have nothing but good things to say.

Pricey!

The Brookdale Burr Ridge was a very nice community but it was not as homey as we were looking for. Also, it was out of our price range.

My Visit To The Community

The people I met during our tour were nice. The community seemed clean and the residents seemed active. This community just seemed a little small and felt crowded.

Not Good

Absolutely the worst experience ever.

Initial cursory visit. Non- responsive after follow-up contact. Stopped returning calls.

Friendly Tour of This Community

My tour of this community was a nice one. Everyone was very welcoming and cheerful. The community looked great, and you could tell they do a good job with the cleanliness of the place. All the staff was very friendly and informative. It was a very nice tour, but it wasn't the place for my mother.

So far so good...

Things are going well for my mother since she made the move into this community. The staff has been very helpful in helping my mother get accommodated to the new environment. They really put in the effort to get her into all of the activities that they have available. So far I haven't heard any complaints about the food, so I'm assuming its good. The place overall has been very good.

Great Community!!

My loved one has really been enjoying his dinning experience at this community as well as the different meals they offer. The housekeeping team has been great at making sure my dads room stays clean as well as the rest of the facility. There is a lot of construction going on right now so it gets too loud for him at times.

Mom is enjoying the food!

Mom is doing very well since the move to Brookdale Burr Ridge. They offered exactly what we were looking for with care levels ranging from assisted living to skilled nursing. We found the right place where we would not have to move mom again. We are very happy with the care she is receiving at Brookdale.

Great nurses

I want to start off by saying that the facility provides good care. The communication between the staff could use improvement. My father was on the assisted living unit and got sick, ended up in the hospital and was later transferred to the skilled rehab side. The rehab department was great and helped him gain his strength back. Adam was a GREAT nurse and my father became attached to him right away. They got him back to good strength and he went back home. The facility is costly and we decided not to take him back to the assisted living apartment. But if he needed rehab we would take him back to the skilled unit.

This would have been my first choice but it was too costly. Mary Beth was knowledgeable and seemed to know all the residents by first name. She made it welcoming as opposed to a lot of the other places. Am sorry we couldn't afford it.

This facility is really excellent. It concentrates on assisted living and it also has a skilled nursing unit. A memory unit is coming in January 2016. There are lots of activities. The residents seem very happy. The staff is very friendly and busy. The studio apartments are nicely appointed with good closet space and excellent bathrooms. There are no kitchen facilities in the apartments although they do have small refrigerators and microwaves: the staff want to encourage the residents to get out and interact and use the communal snack and lounge areas. They are sensitive to sight-impaired people. The administrator was very friendly, knowledgeable, and generous with her time.

I think it's a very good facility and I'm glad that my dad is there.

Lauren is very helpful and knowledgable. Thank you.

The people are very nice there

I am very happy with this community so far. The staff has been great! They are very helpful, nice, and they always greet you when you come to visit. Everything is always very clean. Overall, this is a great place and I would definitely recommend it.

This had the things we were interested in for my father in law. We liked the location, PT option, ratio of Men and outside sitting area.

I wish someone would have encouraged my mother to attend an exercise class.

Extremely friendly!

I chose them because all the staff I met were extremely friendly! It is smaller than other facilities I visited, so I knew my aunt would have more personal contact while she was there. They had in activities going on all the time. Great place.

very good

The food there at Brookdale Burr Ridge is very good.

My friend says she has problems with parking as the place is always so crowded. I think they should have some sort of valet service or something to remedy this issue.

I'm very happy with the Emeritus of B...

I'm very happy with the Emeritus of Burr Ridge. It's been a really wonderful experience and I'm so grateful for the recommendation. I am very happy with everything.

We cannot say enough good about these people.

We cannot say enough good about these people. The people at Emeritus were wonderful. The care and attention they gave my mom was wonderful. I would go at different times, between the assisted living and the nursing side and there was nothing to complain about, ever. If you want to look hard enough maybe you could find something, but the way my mother was cared for, I don't see it. If there were issues I was called immediately. If I had to go somewhere they would be one of my top choices. The only downside is that they don't accept public pay assistance.

Good location, good facility.

Good location, good facility.

Emeritus was wonderfully welcoming to...

Emeritus was wonderfully welcoming to my entire family. They invited my Grandma for lunch to see the facility after touring. As a trial, Grandma was evaluated and checked in for a respite stay. This has been wonderful- allowing her to try the facility to feel comfortable before moving in. She has had nothing but good things to say about the staff and food.

'Pleasantly confused' but thriving in Assisted Living

I struggled between memory care and assisted facilities for mom. While we were aware her dementia was worsening and her vision was severely limited, we weren't sure if she needed the full-time intervention offered by memory care facilities or if she could function enough to enjoy simple assisted living. Now that she has been at Emeritus for over a month, she is settling in well attending functions and eating regularly. Being around others with less severe impairment seems to be beneficial, and the mood swings have decreased. Not to mention that the price is fantastic for the fine level of care. Very happy with our choice.

Important concerns

First of all I live in the community and her doctor is there. It’s a very safe environment. They could put processes in place – for example when you are dropping off your significant other there is a book you’re given, but people don’t follow procedures. We indicated many times that my loved one is allergic for fish... the servers need to be much, much more careful. They just dumped my mother’s laundry on the bed and they said that she could fold it. They need to have a way to pass instructions from one shift to another. This ought to be the responsibility of the head nurse.

The medicine was fine. That was given to her daily.

Best option for the cost. A...

Best option for the cost. As long as the resident is at a lower care level, a very cost-effective option. Residents seems pretty content and cookies looked very good!!! My top choice for my mom/

Emeritus is great!!

We are very happy with our choice. We just brought my dad there yesterday, and I believe he will fit in well!

Working Out Well

It is working out very well and we are very impressed by them.

Need more of an effort to get people involved

Compared to everything else the cost is good. I don't know if everybody is enouraged to participate as much as they should be. I think some people need a little bit more of a push to get out and participate but they're fine with people just staying in their rooms. It maybe isn't the quality of the activities program but the effort the make to get people involved. It seems like there's a very social group of women there that are very nice and do the activities and the men aren't as social, but that can be just the personalities of the people that are there. Definitely somebody who has a hard time adjusting may not be a favorite of the staff and it might be that its just a longer adjustment period so well wait and see how it goes.

Brookdale at Burr Ridge provides sheltered care assisted living in an apartment-style setting that offers the simple pleasures - nutritious food, comfortable home like surroundings, and the 24 hour support of a warm, caring and competent staff. A Short Stay Respite Program for seniors who need short-term care is also available. It is the ideal alternative for recuperating after a hospital stay, rehab stay or while family caregivers are on vacation or if you just want to try out assisted living. We also have skilled nursing and rehabilitative care. We offered physical and occupational therapy 7 days a week. We have a speech therapist on staff 5 days a week. Please call our community for more information or to schedule a visit to find out how Brookdale at Burr Ridge can enrich your life or the life of a loved one.