Sunrise at Fountain Square - Lombard, IL

Highly satisfied on all points with Sunrise at Fountain Square

We toured several senior living facilities while preparing to downsize in the summer. Sunrise was the most appealing. We toured here 3 times. On 2 of the visits we brought our adult children along for their input. Both agreed Sunrise would be a good fit. It's in good location--Lombard. It's afffordable, attractive , and not too big. The food is very good and the servers are the best.
The residents were so friendly and welcoming even before we moved in. I cannot say enough good things about the entire staff--always available to answer questions or make our residence here better in some way. We're so glad to be here.

Mom felt that the rooms were quite small.

Nice welcoming and homey atmosphere. [name removed] was very helpful in introducing us to the Sunrise philosophy of care and the opportunities present at the facility.

My Mom and I thought the independent and assisted living apartment options were very good and we particularly liked the private balconies and in-unit washer and dryer. Also the bathroom is a generous size and the hallways are bright and easy to navigate. However, the dining and social spaces need some refurbishing. We also noticed dust and general cleaning could use a little more attention. But, overall the facility was clean and maintained. The choice of activities are good. With close proximity to a lot of shopping, theater and dining options.

Liked the location , Manageable size for getting around

I enjoyed my visit with [Removed]. She was very knowledgeable and pleasant, able to answer my questions. Was very pleased with the 2 bed/2 both independent living apartment and the fact there was a large outside terrace that would fit a table, chairs, planters and heated garage. Downside was there was no place to walk outside because of the location but daily organized activities and weekly organized outings makes up for it. Also, nice exercise facility on site and programs.

A tour to remember

This was a nice tour for care. We were happy with speaking with the friendly staff on the care that is offered. The community is clean and the menu is appealing. We like the location and the variety of the activities that are offered. Families should consider a tour for the care of a loved one.

Taking good care of mom

So far my mom is settling in quite nicely at the Sunrise at Fountain Square. It is a clean and well-kept community. They are very welcoming to our family members when we come to visit. The staff is very friendly and attentive to my mom's care needs. Mom loves her room on the fourth floor where she can look down and see all of the activity going on. She loves her room, we helped her decorate it and it is very homey and comfortable for her.They offer various activities for the residents to engage in. Mom hasn't tried all of them out yet as she is still getting used to her surroundings. I've dined there with mom and the meals they provide offer a lot of variety and choices. This community takes excellent care of mom and was very cost effective. I would highly recommend this community to others.

They offered something others didn't

The deciding factor in my search was this community offered a garage where other communities that I looked at didn't offer one. I am extremely happy here and doing well. I am socializing with the other residents and making friends and I join in on some of the activities. The food is good well portioned and it tastes good. Housekeeping comes in every Thursday regularly and does a good job no complaints. Overall I am very satisfied here and I would recommend it to anyone.

Moms care and comfort

We are very pleased with the care here for my mom.The staff is very caring and she seems to be happy here. The menu is nice and she is enjoying the clean community They offer her nice activities and she liked the other residents and being social. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one. My mom is happy with the care here and will continue to stay for the comfort.

Helpful Staff!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community for my loved one. The staff where on time to our tour and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. I liked the layout of the building and thought they had a lot of nice amenities available to all of the residents. Overall everything was fine it was just not the right place for dad in the end decision.

My's new home for care

I am very happy knowing that my mom is in a nice community with great care. The staff is nice and attentive to her needs. The community is clean with a nice environment. They offer my mom the activities with the other residents and I like knowing that she is participating with the other residents. I would highly recommend the great care with the good value for other families.

I moved in three weeks ago and I am still adjusting to the lost of my husband, and new surroundings. At this time every thing is going well for me.

Cxi've been here just a few weeks and I am still adjusting to living alone and in a new environment.

My tour

This is a larger community and we were looking for something smaller. The community looked clean and the person that took us on tour was friendly.

Pleasant Tour

Everything went well during my tour of this community. Everyone was very kind, and welcoming. The community looked great, and very well maintained. The staff was informative, and kind. All our questions were answered. It was a pleasant experience.

Mom' s new home

My mom has recently moved into this community. She is pleased with being here and likes the caring staff. The community is clean and she likes the nice menu that is offered. They offer her a lot of activities so that she is involved with the other residents. We would recommend other families to this nice community for a great value and the care of a loved one.

Mom is Receiving Good Care

I feel that any community is geared to make a profit, and they will not go the extra mile. My mother is doing well at this community. I do feel she is getting the type of care she needs. I'am not pleased with my experience with this industry.

Tour Went Well

I didn't have any problems during my tour of this community. Everything went well, and it was a good experience. The community looked nice, and clean. The staff I met was kind, and courteous. My tour went well.

Everyone is very helpful!!

In the beginning, getting everything packed and moving my parents in was very difficult, but now that they're there, they seem to really enjoy it! Everyone is wonderful and my parents are very comfortable. My mom has made friends and she has them over to play bridge in her apartment. They did not have chairs, so the staff took them some folding chairs which were nice. The maintenance does a very good job, anytime my parents have needed anything repaired, they're there right away!

This was another option in the same chain as Sunrise Wheaton. Happened to bump into many family members who shared that they and their loved ones loved this place. Again, due to the stage 2 wound would be available after wound gone.

Smaller studios than what I had wanted!!

I thought the staff was very friendly during our tour and really took the time to give my loved one and I lots of great information of there community. I just did not care for the floor plan of the building or the apartments. I was looking for a studio and the ones they showed me where extremely small with not very much diversity in them.

I Took A Tour!!

The staff at the Sunrise at Fountain Square were very friendly and knowledgeable, they answered all of my questions and concerns. The inside and outside of the community were very well maintained. The residents seemed happy from what I saw.

Enjoyed the tour of this Sunrise facility. The staff was very friendly & informative. They introduced me to some long time residents and one invited us into her one bedroom apartment. Great impression overall.

Mom feels safe and secure here!!

Sunrise does not feel like an institution it has an intimate sense about it. They offer two meals a day and mom likes the food about 90% of the time. The community is clean and well maintained. The staff are attentive and encouraging and I would recommend this community.

Pretty new and updated!

Sunrise at Fountain Square is gorgeous! It is a smaller and very active community. We noticed the residents partaking in the various activities offered. The community was the most expensive that we toured. The location was not convenient for the family to visit.

They were very good about providing information. I liked the facility; it had a bread and breakfast feel to it. I am going back again.

I like it just fine.

I like it just fine. The maintenance is good, and the people are nice. It's a really good place. I was at a Sunrise before, and it was nice, but the people here are different. They were nice there too, just different here. I like it.

Exceeded my expectations

I think that it has exceeded my expectations. That take good care of my dad. We really like his room. Everything has been going really great. The inside of the facility is very clean and well kept. Everyone has been extremely friendly. The staff has been accommodating and kind. They seem like really caring people. I'm glad that my dad is comfortable here. It was a good selection. I would absolutely recommend.

5 Stars Across The Board

Everything is great completely happy with everything

Very Informative

I really enjoyed the Sunrise because it was very informative and it was presented very well. The people were nice. Overall it was a very nice community. The cost was explained and the community itself is worth what I will be paying. I did not get a chance to try their food but they explained how the meals work and everything. I really liked it.

Very Nice!

It was a very nice community. I just think it is too small for mom because she does live in her own house and I think it will be hard for her to transition from her house to that one room. But it was very nice. It was also to expensive.

Per Megan, shared room: 3,1...

Per Megan, shared room: 3,133 Level 1 care: 1,582 Meds: 517 total. 5,232 Level 2: 2,220 Total. 5,870

Nice looking place

We toured this location when we were looking into options for my loved one. It looked very nice, clean, and all of the staff seemed friendly. The issue that we had with this facility was that while they provided both assisted and independent living, it was very strictly one or the other. My loved one is mostly independent, with a few specific instances where she might need assistance, and Sunrise didn't have a lot of flexibility in that regard.

Very nice facility, but too...

Very nice facility, but too expensive.

Everything is great except the water temperature

My parents love itthere but they have issues with hot water. The return water temperature needs to be raised higher. They run the water for over 5 minutes before it gets hot then after 5 minutes it gets cold again. Think of the gallons of water being wasted. It really needs to be looked at.

Friendly, spacious room

Friendly, spacious room

Really Good One

That was a good one. It was good decor the people seemed pretty happy and pretty active. Fairly reasonable on the cost. There wasn't a lot of place to walk around, though. It seemed a little smaller than we wanted.

We Are Very Happy With Sunrise!

The care is very nice and I would give the friendliness a 10 if I could! My sister is there and they have outings and they have jewelry making and things like that. The food is wonderful - I'd give that a 10 too.

very comfortable and beauti...

very comfortable and beautiful, looked clean and seemed to have plenty of staff around the facility

Very nice, but too expensive

It's a really nice place, it looked new, it was more spacious, more wide open, but it was also way more expensive than any other place we looked at.

Has everything you could want

This might have been our top choice, cause it definitely had everything we were looking for. It would have been a little harder for us all to get to but it had every concievable amentiy that you could possibly want but the price was a factor there. I think they have a special program (garden/terrace something) that they suggested for us but we didn't know that there were extra fees involved and that kind of thing. I would bring my mom towards the end to these places and her dementia was getting to the point where she couldn't remember visiting this one. I feel if I had my druthers and it would have been just me making the decision I would have picked this one.

Would like more updates on her care, but good facility

I would say it's very clean, the staff is very good. I think it's relatively too soon for me to judge costs; it seems comparable to other facilities, I don't know because their cost is still changing because they're assessing her care need and getting used to her but I don't think that's just Sunrise. The care seems very good, my mother seems happy, she always looks well kept, there's always activities available, she's always there but not physicially participating. Right now she's on the remembrance level, that floor is really much better equipped for what she needs. I'm a nurse, so this probably may have something to do with it, but I would like more medical and care involvement, and also as a family member that has been taking her to the doctor, I feel that has been somewhat severed. It's a double-edged sword, she's know at a place where the doctor comes to her so that burden isn't on me but I'm not there to go back and forth with the doctor like I used to, it's a little harder for me to get those updates on how she's doing. Other than that I don't think she could probably be in a better place, it's very accomodating for where she's at now.

Unbelievably Kind to Us - INCREDIBLE!

They were incredibly wonderful! They're expensive but they're worth what you pay. My mother-in-law passed away too soon to really get involved in the activities but from what we saw they were doing every day, they were good. I would recommend them to anyone that is looking. They were flexible and gave us multiple options for room size. They couldn't have been better to us.

We have a very large family and they accommodated not just my mom with first class service but anyone and everyone that came to visit her. One day they were supposed to have cookies and when we got there they were all gone. My kids were so upset and they put in another batch just for my kids. They even did their laundry! Some of those girls came in on their day off to see my mother. They were unbelieveably kind to us! It was like a family.

Very friendly and good activities.

Very friendly and good activities.

Independent and Assisted living

The location of this community makes it very convenient for our family. They offer independent and assisted living on the same property. There is no buy in you just pay the month charge. We are currently paying around $2,500 a month for a 1 bedroom apartment. The apartments are spacious and have plenty of closet space. They have the flat rate fee but also have other services you can pay extra for. Sunrise seems to be working out very well and we would recommend it.

I enjoyed my visit. Everyon...

I enjoyed my visit. Everyone was friendly. The place is very clean. I like all the activities they have.

We met with Jamie and she gave us inf...

We met with Jamie and she gave us info & tours of one-bedroom and studio. I liked these rooms the best--a newer place, nice kitchen/decor--and--included stackable washer/dryer and dishwasher! While we liked this one, we think it may be a better choice if Marlene were younger/done this earlier. This one works the best for truly independent seniors.

For assisted living there is a 1 time...

For assisted living there is a 1 time entrance fee of $3000 with monthly rent of $3500 for studio plus care fees and $4300 for 1 bdrm plus care fees. Care fees are assessed monthly. Extensive assisted care program...goes into areas of nursing home care without having to move to a nursing home facility. Just east of Yorktown Shopping Center.

My mother is adjusting well and the p...

My mother is adjusting well and the place is very nice as well as the staff. We are pleased with everything there.

Totally loved this place the moment I...

Totally loved this place the moment I walked in. Small cozy feel to the place but filled with bright light and beautiful decorations. Loved the Terrace Club program and memory care activities.Loved the one person hot tub for mom's back pain and that they have a Dr. specializing in Geriatric Pain.

Building is only two years old, diffe...

Building is only two years old, different style and feel from other sunrise facilities. Two levels of reminiscence memory care.

Open 1 year in June. Prototype for Su...

Open 1 year in June. Prototype for Sunrise. Toured asst living then went to indep living. Went back in afternoon. I interviewed residents and toured apts. Deposit will hold favorite apt (4th flr overlooking front of bldg) for several months. Pros include location (to us, to CDH); neg power of sales dir.; Residents weren't thrilled w/food; many "rules" of community life; emergency response by staff in indep living.

very nice location. very friendly sta...

very nice location. very friendly staff. very accomodating.

Met with Director. Very pleasant. Ver...

Met with Director. Very pleasant. Very patient too. I liked the Fountain Square.But the population is low, it was difficult to determine the"life and heart" of the place. but, I did like it and could see mom in either place. I am thankful there are places that exist like this for my parents as they have worked very hard for the little savings they have.

Can provide care through "end of life".

Can provide care through "end of life".

Beautiful place.

Beautiful place.

Very nice and clean. The staff is fri...

Very nice and clean. The staff is frienly and attentive to their residents. This place has independent to hospis, no memory care. Overlooks mall and residential areas. Simalr look and feel as Naperville North. I think this would be a good fit for Dad.

Sunrise Senior Living introduces Fountain Square, a beautiful environment designed to fit your lifestyle...today and tomorrow.

We offer Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care.