Oak Park Retirement - Salisbury, NC

Best place in Salisbury

This is a wonderful place that we chose for my dad. I know he will be well taken care of.This place is very clean and everything is included in one price. He receives 3 meals a day. Fruit and beverages are available all day long plus ice cream whenever he wants. They have tons of daily activities and outings. The staff is so friendly and on call 24 7. The only thing is that the bus is not equipped for people that need to use a wheelchair since he is an amputee and needs his wheelchair when he is out and about. I can be at peace and know he is well taken care of.

The Therapies are great

The property is pretty good. I do think the management has changed though, which is not a good thing. The therapies are great. The food is not good, to say the least. My mother lost 2 pounds. Other than that, the Oak Park Retirement is a pretty good assisted living community. It is a very clean facility. The staff is very nice and friendly. My overall rating of this property is 4 stars. It has been pretty good.

I really like the place. The facility is beautiful and clean. The staff has been very friendly and helpful. There are a lot of activities or your lived one can be alone in their room with is very nice and comfortable.

Very nice place, friendly people!

I think they do an excellent job at Oak Park Retirement. It is a nice looking, clean place, and everyone is so friendly! They've really gone out of their way to make us feel welcome, they even threw a small party for us! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking into senior living in the area!

Senior living

I have lived here for 9 months. Oak park is clean, quiet, and fairly well maintained. The only complaint that I , and many others have is that the food is prepared in an unhealthy way. Many here eat cereal due to the way the food is prepared. Lately we have had poor choices to choose from. This evening the first choice on the menu was tater tot casserole. How healthy is that? Be prepared to pay top dollar for rent, it is expensive to live here..

Great Place

Mom loves it.

dad is happy, but could improve a few things

Dad is really happy there overall, and it provides him a good clean safe environment which is what he needs.

There are a couple of areas they could improve. The management needs to be a little nicer. The staff members are incredibly friendly, but the management is not. They could have certainly done a better job helping him get oriented. The activities also are not very good. They play bingo and things like that, but he never has liked that kind of thing, especially now that he can barely see. They need to have more activities that he can do so he is not bored, and need to make sure they are proactive about getting him engaged in those activities.

The personnel were extremely helpful and polite. I found the facility to be well maintained and the amenities are top notch. The company will work with residents for the resident's comfort and afordability. The food is very tasteful and well prepared with generous portions. The residents are friendly and courtious.
We were offered a plan to reserve an apartment at an affordable price until we can move in. The ability to travel to another city where there is another facility within the group at no extra charge is very attractive for my wife and I as we still wish to travel some and have aready identified a couple of places to visit.

Beautiful surroundings. Mom liked it the minute she walked in.

SENIOR LIVING

Oak Park Retirement is a very nice place to live, but BEWARE, when you first move in they waive some of the cost that makes it affordable for people on fixed incomes to move in. These incentives are good for the first year. After that be prepared for a big rent increase.. Many have moved away because they could not afford the rent increase.

The place is very clean. Heck, I'd li...

The place is very clean. Heck, I'd live there. The services are very good.

Good Services for a Great Price

My mother is there. It's a good value. Meals and housekeeping are included in the cost and they seem to be good from what I've seen. The activities are good. She participates in some but not as many as I would have expected. I think of the facilities that we saw in the area Oak Park was clearly the best. They had equivalent or better services and a lower price.

Excellent place, like a resort

Everything is going fine, my mother is a little reluctant and hesitant so it's really hard to see how she'll like it. The palce is extremely nice and everybody is really friendly. The staff is phenomenal, it's basically my mother that's the problem. I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to talk to the activities director to see how she's doing or how they're encouraging her to participate but for the first week she was on vacation.
It's a phenomenal place, it really is. It's more like a resort than a retirement community. I was really impressed with the cleanliness and the fact that it wasn't a typical nursing home and it was an actual retirement community. I thought it fit her needs, it was so nice and the staff was so friendly.

My friend is liking it

I have a friend who's there, he's liking it, he thinks he's adjusted well, he seems like he's happy there. I visit occassionally, not too often, I went inside once during dinner time and everyone was seated around the tables. I thought it looked like a nice community of elderly people who seemed to be happy. He likes it when they take him to Walmart and I think he went somewhere else too, maybe a fair or something. To me, he seems to be very happy there.

for my dad

really nice place my dad needs more help then he can afford his mentality is going back down again great food great people who have been helpful .

This is a beautiful home for seniors ...

This is a beautiful home for seniors that do not require any assistance. The Managers were caring and professional and extremely helpful.

We believe that Oak Park Retirement is so much more than walls and windows - it's a place to enjoy home-cooked meals, game night, or a quiet evening with family and friends. It's where you always feel comfortable, safe, and secure.

At Oak Park Retirement, our management teams live on-site, and are available 24 hours a day. Our food is truly made from scratch, and served right to your table along with a smile from our friendly staff.

Enjoy the convenience of our comfortable bus for scheduled appointments, shopping trips and other errands. We also regularly plan special excursions to cultural events, day trips, museums, and other places of interest. If you'd rather stay home, the choice is yours. It's easy to be as private or as social as you wish, Oak Park Retirement features beautiful common areas and there's always a variety of planned activities and a chance to socialize with friends and neighbors every day.