Creekside Terrace - Winston-Salem, NC

Review of Creekside Terrace

The people were great and on the spot whenever the call light came on for help. I got really good results from them. The rehab was great and the equipment was good. All around, the nurses were good. The cleaning lady came every day. The serving of the tray was good. I was not too happy with food.

Review of Creekside Terrace

My loved one is happy there, and that is important to me. The food is good and she thinks it is a beautiful place. She is pleased.

Review of Creekside Terrace

We are very pleased. I am pleased with the way they are handling my mother, and she can instigate things. They bring her meals three times a day with snacks. She is improving in therapy. They cleaned when I was there, and it is a very nice place. I feel like I am in a hotel when I go there. She has had a pretty good appetite, and she eats really well. They were real good at informing us at first, and now we want to know if she is going home in 20 days. I have not talked with anybody since we took her in. We want to know how she is doing every few days.

Review of Creekside Terrace

So far, so good. I do not have any complaints. They are addressing my concerns. They answer my questions and they are responsive. It is a beautiful facility and well kept. My mother requires a different kind of diet, and it has been fine. It takes some adjustment to make sure it is happening. I had a call today, so communication is good.

.this is our first choice to date, however we have no time constraints and are still looking. I need to checkout GA state income tax levels tofurther check out this place.

[Removed] was great. She gave us the tour and explained the many amenities Creekside has to offer. We even had lunch which was delicious.

management replies online, does not respond to problems

Management at Creekside Terrace replies with a "stock" answer to online bad reviews to make it seem like they care, but they never actually respond to resident's complaints. They don't make repairs (many of the thermal windows have cracked and you can't see out of them - it's like being in a cell with no outside view - refuse to repair them.) And the food is mostly white pasta and white rice, salads are a couple of lettuce leaves with one or two cherry tomatoes. And my mom pays nearly 3,000 per month. It is bad and it is getting worse and management does not care

Holiday Retirement

Hello, my name is Katie, I work for Holiday, and I'd like to thank you very much for reaching out to share these concerns with us. We are very sorry to hear your impressions of our community, and would really love the chance to speak with you and learn more about your experience and comments. I assure you, I am a real person, and truly, we hope to hear from you soon! Our Resident Relations team can be reached via phone at [removed], or by email at [removed]. Thank you, take good care and we hope to hear from you soon! --Katie

Not the Creekside Terrace it used to be

My mother lives there now. Everything has changed since she moved in a couple of years ago when Holiday sold out to new owners from China. They take anyone who will pay, even if they cannot care for themselves - and no one cares for those who do not meet "independent living" qualifications. Not enough healthy food to eat, meals take nearly three hours each (breakfast, lunch and dinner,) because not enough employees to serve. High turnover of employees that are there a short amount of time, [Removed] what they can from the residents and then leave (or are fired for mischief.) This is no longer the Creekside it used to be. We believe the new owners are sucking all the cash they can out of the place before they sell out to another buyer.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, My name is Katie, I work for Holiday Retirement, and I'd like to sincerely thank you for reaching out to share these concerns with us. I'm so very sorry to hear your mom is now having a negative experience at Creekside Terrace. We'd love the chance to speak with you to learn more about, and address, the concerns you have brought to our attention. Our Resident Relations team can be reached by phone at [removed], or email at [removed]. Thank you so much once again for reaching out to share these concerns with us; it's feedback such as yours that helps us learn where to focus on improving our efforts and service. Thank you!

A Very Good Retirement Community

The community has been a good home for my mother-in-law. She is doing fine since moving in. From what I hear, everything is fine with all the offer.

Minus 10

First hand experience, I am rating a MINUS -10. If you truly are concerned of your loved ones care and well being this is NOT the place for them. The staff are full of deceit, [removed]. If you only knew what goes on behind closed doors you would not spend the first night there. Not to mention what occurs while your loved one is away on an activity....the mice do indeed play and then some. You do not and would not want to know what takes place in their apartments when they are absent. Mind you it IS NOT the other residents. When I found out the truth I was completely appalled and quickly removed our loved one and contacted the corporate offices and was instead was blow off and dismissed. If the media were to investigate the truth would be known and this place would be lucky if they remained opened. Lock your loved ones medications in a lock box with only them and the outside persons having access. [removed]. You may want to think twice or three times prior to Mom or Dad going on an activity also. A sheep in a wolves clothing without a doubt.

Holiday Retirement

Hello,my name is Katie and I work in the home office. We appreciate you taking the time share your feedback with us, but find the scenarios you outlined above quite troubling, and falling very far outside the extremely narrow standards of excellence we set for ourselves and strive to meet each day. Will you please reach out to our Employee Relations team at [removed], and share with them as much detail as you can, so we can learn more, investigate, and provide further follow-up? We take reviews, and especially comments such as yours, very seriously, and appreciate any opportunity you give us to provide further follow-up. Thank you!

Very Accommodating and Welcoming

They were very accommodating and welcoming and the day we moved her in they fed all of the family. The one thing that I would say is a downside is that the representative quoted one price and when we went through the paperwork it was about $250 more. Overall I would recommend it to anyone though. One of the best things it has access to the outside on all the levels; patio on the ground floor and a balcony on the top.

Exceptionally Friendly and Helpful

They were exceptionally friendly and helpful. There was a water leak in the apartment before she moved in, so they put her in one of the guest apartments and they promptly fixed it. We really like the management. She has been happy there.

nice place

I thought that all-in-all it looked like a pretty good place. A lot of my mother-in-laws friends live there, so that was big draw for us. It seemed to be a nice place and it is a good deal for the money.

Not our favorite

We toured this community while looking into senior living options for a loved one. Overall I just was not very impressed by Creekside Terrace. The facility itself was clean enough, but it felt a bit dated and just had somewhat of an institutional feeling. The community layout also wouldn't have worked well for my loved one, it just did not feel secure enough.

they do a great job

I was only there at Creekside Terrace for a brief period of time after moving my brother in but during that time I was impressed with what I saw. The food is great. The staff is really very friendly and do a great job. They were very accommodating during the move-in process to make it a smooth transition, and the billing process has been just fine and smooth as well. It has just really been a very positive experience throughout.

Early impressions

The managers are very accomodating and really helped me get settled in while waiting for my furniture to be delivered.
The residence are very friendly and made me feel welcome.
The food is very good, and the staff is excellent.

Creekside Terrace was outst...

Creekside Terrace was outstanding! The facilitiy was clean and very open. It was obvious that the management team, staff, and residents are part of a community. Everyone took the time to smile, say hello, and answer questions. Creekside was rated 'number 1' by my mom.

They are more about the people there.

They are more about the people there. They just really are very pleasant. I have tried the food and it is great! We’re just very happy. It’s very clean. I gave them fives for everything. The staff has been great. This is the only community I’ve really had a chance to get to know.

GREAT!!!!!

It feels like friendly family! It's clean, bright, and everyone treats you with respect, no matter what type of handicap you might have. We can't praise Creekside Terrace enough. Come, look, see, and enjoy our facilities.

Nice Staff

My mother moved in there and I've gone over to visit her a few times. It was a nice place and everything seems okay so far. The staff and everything was very nice and very easy to work with. The move in process was good.

They let us know about VA benefits

My mother was almost there for three years. She liked it very well, matter of fact, she knew some people that were there, she went to school with some of them. The food was fairly good as far as I know, she complained about it a little bit, but that's jsut her, she's just picky picky. Because of them my mother found out she could get some VA assistance because my father was in World War II, they made it known that she could do it and none of the other places told us about it. If we had known about it when we were looking for places for my mother in law that would have really helped out.

Was impressive but does not meet our...

Was impressive but does not meet our criteria.

Great atmosphere, can see my mom livi...

Great atmosphere, can see my mom living here.

Located near Winston-Salem, you’ll love the elegant grace of our facility and all that the community has to offer. We’re conveniently close to shopping, world-class medical facilities, vineyards, golfing and wonderful restaurants.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind