Forsyth Court - Winston-Salem, NC

Disappointing departure

Center was a blessing for our mom during a years stay when in need. Following her exit to live with family she has yet to get her refunds after over 2 months. Worst of all after numerous attempts and messages [name removed] fails to return a call to resolve timely.

Signed, disappointing departure!

The staff was very friendly and helpful and spent a lot of time educating us on the facility. Although it is an older building it was very clean and welcoming.

This is a senior living facility but has Bayada and Comfort Care services to offer. Had a lot of activities to offer the residents and rooms were clean and facility was clean. Had salad bar for lunch and dinner and snacks available throughout the day. Since Bayada and Comfort Care were onsite this offered a slight advantage over just a Senior Living facility. Need to check out the care giving prices before moving further.

was not happy with Forsyth Court. [Removed] did not seem to know his job very well. The tour did not meet our expectations. But the facility would not be a fit for us with the long halls that curve around. Easy to get lost.

Very impressed and would not mind living there in the future if I can afford it.

Enjoyable Staff!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my father since he moved into this community. The staff are kind and I am comfortable with the care they are providing him. He has had no problems with the meals and they have a great activity program available. I think there is always room for improvement and areas that could use help but overall we are happy.

RETIREMENT. HOME

I really like what we saw and signed up. We move in on the 23rd of this month [june] hope its everything i feel like it looks to be. Everyone we talked to were super nice. Thanks to you all for your help ...[Removed]

Wonderful staff and friendly place to live.

My family member recently moved to Forsyth Court. We have found the staff there to be extremely friendly and helpful in every way. The food has been good too. It is very nice to have the salad/soup bar available at lunch and dinner in addition to the menu choices. So far, we have few complaints!

Great activities!!

My dad has been very happy since he made the move into this community. I am so pleased to see how great he has adjusted and all of the friends he has been making in his new home. He has found a friend to play various games of chess with throughout the day and enjoys the singing group as well as the many other activities they have to offer. We have no complaints as of now and are happy with our move into this facility.

Not as Nice!

This was a nice community. The people were also very helpful and understanding and answered all of our questions. The community looked well kept, but we went another route because this was not as nice as the other communities that we toured.

Overall assessment

The staff and administrators make every effort to assist residents with any problems they may have.

Maintenance of apartments is maintained by an able maintenance man.

There is an activities and events planner who tries to schedule programs and activities seniors would enjoy.
She encourages feedback from residents and acts accordingly.

Meals are varied and there is always a good choice on the menu.

Rates are reasonable and affordable.

Expertise of A Place Called Home

A Place Called Mom helped my Father find and transition to his new apartment at Forsyth Court in Winston-Salem, NC.
Thank you all involved in this process.

Forsyth Court is a great place!!!

The calendar is always full of activities and I have noticed them being implemented when I was there. Mom is happy with the staff. They are friendly, polite, patient and eager to help. The community looks nice and is kept clean.

Her Safety I What Matters

I know my mom is safe here at this community, and that all that matters. My mom gets helpful and friendly staff. Her room gets a weekly cleaning with sheets changed and linen washing. My mom has tried a few activities and made a few new friends. The food is great and I feel the portion is the right size. Without a doubt, I would recommend this community because I have no concerns and everything is okay here.

a great place to live and meet all kinds of people to stimulate your mind!

We chose Forsyth Court on Reynolda rd in Winston Salem. We are very pleased with my Mom's apartment and all the services.
She has been there for about 3 weeks and is still adjusting. It is a big move for her 92 years! Everyone one is very friendly and accommodating!

I would live there if I could!!!

Forsyth Court is a great place for my mom. She is still getting settled in but she has already made numerous friends. There are plenty of activities for her to participate in once she gets more comfortable being there. I have tried the food and it is good, there are a variety of choices to choose from. The staff are very nice and attentive to the residents. I would recommend this community to family and friends.

Moving mom

All of the staff have been so friendly and helpful. My mother seems to love it already. She is participating in a lot of activities already. I really feel good about moving my mom there.

Money issues

Mom moved in and she got to the point where she couldn't stay there anymore because she needed assisted living She had to go to rehab and ended up at the hospital and tried to be refunded for the month of October and they refused to give it back. Because they did not hand over all the property they wouldn't give the money back. She was only there for a week. The stairway had not been vacuum the entire time. There is a little deception in the contract. They make it sound wonderful and when you have issues they don't cooperate. The food was okay. There is only 1 elevator and it's a problem when everyone decides to eat or moving in.

Very nice place!

We've had a very good experience with Forsyth Court overall, it is a very nice place! The people here are so so friendly, and they really did a great job helping our loved one feel and home and get settled into the community. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and I like how secure it is. Our loved one has a few memory issues, so I like that the outside courtyard area is completely enclosed, we don't have to worry about her getting lost. It's a very nice place overall, and I would recommend it!

Nice place! Food needs to be improved.

Overall I think they do a very good job at Forsyth Court. It is a nice looking, clean, well run facility, and the staff are all very friendly and professional. I think they do a great job looking after my loved one! However, I would really like to see them work on their meal service. Every time I have eaten here the food has been disappointing.

Nice place, overall

Overall I think they do a good job at Forsyth Court. I don't have a lot to compare it to, but the facility seemed clean and well kept and the staff were all very friendly and helpful.

Great independent place.

My loved one lived here and it was a fine place while she could still care for herself. She liked the activities here, but wasn't able to keep up anymore. Care has to be brought in from an agency, and is an extra cost. This is an independent facility and pretty nice.

The management team and sta...

The management team and staff were friendly. I took my mom for a tour. It was clean and well kept.

Nice place!

We're glad we chose this place, my loved one is really enjoying herself here! I'd give them 5s across the board.
They're great about keeping the residents active here, they've got an announcement system to let people know when meals and activities are going on, which has really helped my loved one develop a routine that she enjoys.

They had a wonderful activities director and she was really good, wonderful.

They had a wonderful activities director and she was really good, wonderful. The food was awful. It's quite a lot larger than where we are now. Their laundry facilities were hard to get to. The physical location was bad for those of us that lived on one side. There were a lot of issues with the elevators. Our main problem was the size of the bathroom, I couldn't get in there with him because it was so small and he has a wheelchair. They offered to knock walls down and widen doorways, when we told them we were going to move.

Very nice, and fairly affordable.

Very nice, and fairly affordable.

Loved it and looking for a way to pay...

Loved it and looking for a way to pay for it. Working with Veterans Services.

Forsyth Court combines the best of Southern elegance, offering private gardens and posh interiors located just 40 minutes from Greensboro. The North Winston-Salem senior living community is central to Wake Forest Baptist Health and Hanes Mall. Nearby attractions include the Old Salem Museums and Gardens, Reynolda House Museum of American Art and Bowman Gray Stadium.Residents enjoy a relaxing yet social environment in the well-stocked library, theater and activity center. When not diving into hobbies like bean bag baseball or Wii bowling, enjoy chef-prepared meals in the handsome community dining room and sip coffee by the fire. Outside, wander the gardens with your furry friend. Forsyth Court offers everything you need for a new retirement beginning.