Brookdale Churchill - Mooresville, NC

About Our Community

This is the promise that the staff at Brookdale at Churchill- and throughout Brookdale Senior Living communities- has shared since our community first opened its doors. It's a simple promise to be compassionate and kind, understanding and respectful- a promise to become extended family to the seniors entrusted in our care and to our retirees who have chosen our retirement community for its active lifestyle.

The Perfect Location

Located near beautiful Lake Norman just 25 minutes north of the modern metropolitan city of Charlotte North Carolina and just 2 minutes from Interstate 77. Brookdale at Churchill is set on 10 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds with a courtyard, lovely gardens, and walking trails. Lake Norman Regional Medical Center and Presbyterian Hospital (Huntersville) are just minutes away as are a wide selection of physician practices. Northlake Mall is 15 minutes away. Brookdale at Churchill is considered to be one of the premier retirement communities in Iredell County and the entire Lake Norman area.

A Wonderful Selection

Our community offers 135 senior apartments with a full range of services and ammenties including: lovely restaurant style dining, wellness center, chapel, activity rooms, gift shop, on-site rehabilitation services, library, ice cream parlor, hair salon, game room, internet cafe, dementia resource center, bistro, sun room, and more. Studio, one, and two bedroom apartments are availabile with three apartment options (independent living, assisted living, and secure memory care).

Strong, Caring Professional Relationships
Brookdale at Churchill has always been a leader in our local healthcare region by facilitating and coordinating a number of professional healthcare leadership groups including the South Iredell Healthcare Forum, the Leading Edge healthcare Leads group, several health related support groups, as well as a healthcare speakers series for residents and their families. Brookdale at Churchill representatives have also taken special interest in helping bring awareness, education, and raising funds for Alzheimer's disease by co-chairing and working on the planning committee for the Iredell County annual Alzheimer's Walk.

Our Staff

Brookdale at Churchill is not only the premiere senior community for our residents in the Lake Norman area, it also is a highly desired workplace for area healthcare professionals. The majority of senior level staff are local Mooresville residents as are the frontline care and dining services staff. Brookdale at Churchill has also become a leader in the region as the host and coordinator of several area healthcare professionals forums, workshops, and other educational presentations and events for our residents, their families, and the general public. Residents of Brookdale at Churchill are greeted with warm sincere smiles each and every day, and are attended to by our caring and compassionate staff.

My husband and I toured this and was very impressed with what we saw. We are looking for a place for his parents and it offers everything they would need. Very clean and friendly staff. It offers 3 different stages of care which is great.

Best Care Ever!!

This is a great community for care for the family. We like the staff who have been outstanding in her care. The community is very nice and clean. We like the menu that she was offered. They have worked with her and have been patient and kinds. She is going home due to the care that has been given while in this community. We would be more than happy to recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

Not a good fit

The staff did a very good job with my tour here and they took their time showing me around and answering my questions. This is a nice community, clean well kept up but I felt that it was larger than what I was looking for and the multi levels may be confusing for my mother to move around in.

This community has a lot to offer. We liked the staff and the options on the menu of the healthy meals. We did the tour of a clean community. A lot of activities are offered for the residents who are able to participate. We would recommend this community if this is the care that is needed for a loved one.

Super nice community. I think my mom would enjoy living there. Seems clean, modern, upbeat, and homey.

Our family has been very pleased with the staff! They have worked with us to find the best solution for mom.

Good care

I like the care at this community. The community is improving a lot of the community with small changes. The staff are caring and do keep me informed on her progress. The meals are appealing. They do offer her some activities to participate with the others residents. We would recommend the care at this nice community for other families.

Good assisted living

We have been happy with Brookdale Churchill during my father's first month there. There is a good variety of activities and the administrative staff are very friendly and competent. Occasionally the CNA's slip up by not reminding him for a meal but nothing serious. I think that cost is relatively comparable and I like that the cost of personal assistance is based on what services he actually needs, not some set, comprehensive fee.

Too Formal!

The Brookdale Mooresville, as well as all of the other Brookdale's that I toured, was just too big. All of the residents with different levels of care were mixed together. It was also a more formal environment, we wanted something more home-like.

Nice Community, We Were Satisfied

My father was a this community for a short time, but everything went well. Everyone at this community was very kind and helpful. It was a a very nice experience.

Don't Subject Your Loved One to Brookdale Churchill!

My Mother was in memory care for over 2 years. Initially the care was as expected. When Brookdale took over during the past year, the care has been a disaster! Constant Staff turnover and poor transition of new Staff members.

"F GRADE" is too generous....they should be shut down!

Below is a list of the "quality" of service provided:
- Adult diapers not changed
-Clothing constantly soaked in urine
- Mother had adult diaper rash
- Room constantly smelled of urine
- Room was rarely cleaned (if ever)
- Bathing was very infrequent
- Staff members could not provide updates as to when my Mother consumed food and how much of what she consumed.
- Towards the end of her life she was left to die in her bed in wet urine soaked clothing

Brookdale is a very nice place.The people are friendly and the place is neat and clean. Other residents seem happy and content. They also have nice ice cream at some of the meals, my Mom's favorite part. The food was good. I am grateful for their help with my Mom. Thank you!

And it Continues.....

My father states my mother has not been provided with a shower in over five weeks, this is the first he mentioned it to us. We questioned the nurse administrator who stated that they DO NOT KEEP records of the service that is provided to their residents.

I would understand that if my parents weren't paying additional fees for this service. However, the facility certainly keeps record of how much to bill, for what, and when the fees are due.

This seems to be a convenient way to charge for a level of care that cannot be verified. How many elderly people at Brookdale are being charge for services that are not being provided? I guess we'll never know.....

DO NOT move your loved one into this facility - DO NOT

We moved my parents into this "facility" approximately 3 weeks ago. Since that time we have had numerous issues ranging from med mismanagement, to failure to do laundry as agreed to in the contract, failure to empty trash when needed, excessively long wait times before help arrives (30 to 40 minutes, despite being told by the Nurse Administrator that an acceptable wait time is 5 to 7 minutes.)

Think twice before moving your loved ones into this facility. If you mother or father needs help do to a fall, or even to get to the restroom, do you want them having to wait as long as 30 or 40 minutes before help arrives?

This is completely 100% a management, or lack thereof, issue. All of these things have been documented on a daily basis, corporate has been contacted, and all items have been brought to the attention of the management and corporate team. These things continue as recently as yesterday despite their being told.

NC DHHS has been contacted as has the Regional Long Term Care Ombudsman for Iredell County.

If you still choose to check this place out, ask what their wait list time was as recently as six months ago and ask them what their vacancy rate is now. They can't keep residents, they are moving out in droves. A resident that was moved in two weeks ago by their family has already moved back out. We are seeking another facility for my parents.

My Mother's Experience

Please do more research than I thought was enough!! These people misrepresented their services and classified my mother apparently short of what was described as what was included in the costs. But because of misquilifcation she was put in a place that was way less than she needed, and I believe it was just to complete what was the vacant room. After she was put there, we also employed home health care to assist on top of their supposedly assitant care and let me tell you, she tripped with a cane going to the dining room on tile floor and literally busted her head and had to be taken to the hosiptal, but of course Lake Norman could not do head trama, etc., an aweful experience, then for rehab she went to Huntersville Oakes, which also let us down. Then Brookdale took her back as a memory loss person after their staff was no where to be found. I later learned that the fired the person that did classification, to save a law suit, she just conveinately dissapperared, then they put her in memory care and convinced me that her room which was the last of 20 rooms that they were up and down the small hall so much that she would be well taken care of and she was not, and the hired home health person also said that since they were there no one even paid attention. Alot of miscommunication between staff and extra help, this being said my mother got a UTI and went somewhat crazy which I learned was normal for old women, then they were trying to get her removed and yet this was their neglience and gave the family so much upset. My advice it to not allow these people to bully and make you feel pressured when you are at a very sentimental and emotional state. They are pros at playing on your emotions. I cannot even begin to tell you what I went through with them, absoluty unbelievable, and if you try to reason or counter in any way, it is insane. I paid over 25000.00 for six months and are sick, they were a complete rip off!!!!! I am college educated and thought I was resonably ready for a sales pitch, and really wanted to believe these people that seemed really sincere, and they sure pulled the woolly over me. WATCH OUT BABY BOOMERS, this place is very calculated and is sharp on their down side and will cover the dirty!!!!Hope you have a parent that is more indepentent, but if they are that good than why pay all this money. Please learn from my experience, they lie and cover up and I had witnesses that worked also at my home. It is so sad!!! I wish that I never had put her there, painted her wall, built a doggy door and put a rot iron fence for her dog. This place really sold me, and now my mother is dead from falling and head trama.

Very Disappointed

Please do extensive research before residing/allowing a loved one to reside here. For the horrendous monthly fee the residents pay, one would at the very least expect edible food and a little dignity. Staff is very nice face to face, yet has very little respect for resident's privacy or personal possessions. A relative of mine has lived here for several years and I have witnessed staff barging in every time I'm here as if she is not capable of getting to her door to let them in, this is BEYOND rude and is a major violation. Staff as been seen entering the apartment in the middle of the night when there is NO good reason for them to be there. She has had items [removed] and management does nothing about it. I have eaten with her many times and the food is horrible with tiny portions of canned, processed junk and for what she pays, I would expect a lot better. I am in the process of trying to convince other relatives to find other living arrangements because what I have seen is an outrage and leaves me truly concerned about what goes on that I have not seen. That being said, there are many many activities for the residents and it's a beautiful place but that is the only good thing I can say. They will be more than happy to take $4,000 a month from elderly but if you have any concerns, good luck. You are on your own.

It is a very supporting of family members that's putting their family members into the community. They are caring and its a good place so far. Only been their a few weeks but from what ive seen its a good place and dont have to much experience on the activities so cant say to much about them.

Everyone is wonderful and works with us to meet our needs.

The place was what I would ...

The place was what I would envision a assist living facility should be. The Director who showed me around was very friend and knowledgeable. They have a lot of activities and dinning areas looked very pleasant. Residence were allowed to have a small pet which I feel might be very important to some people.

Complex layout reminded me ...

Complex layout reminded me of Atlanta/Hartsfield Airport with a central spine and 6 terminal wings but the spine here had a lot of turns to it; good activity level of residents who were also friendly and positive about the facility. Concern that all units on first floor (over 70% of units) have direct access to outside areas and facility is not fenced/secure; best we have seen so far in Charlotte area; have scheduled additional visit for 2/28

Beautiful grounds, friendly and enthusiastic staff, immaculate facilities, a perfect solution to our assisted living needs

really like this place--the...

really like this place--the cost is tough for us--if we could get help with cost this would be a first choice

Mom lives at Emeritus at Churchill

Wonderful assisted living center. They have actual apartments. We called a ton of local physicians, hospital, and others we knew in healthcare and they all said Emeritus at Churchill was the best in the area. Mom loves it here. We ended up toured every assisted living in area from Statesville to north Charlotte just to be sure we knew all the choices. None had the warmth and upbeat feeling that Emeritus did. Staff is very nice and caring.

I went on Saturday when a l...

I went on Saturday when a lot of the residents weren't in- Would have liked to see more 'action!' People in charge were great and very helpful. I liked the living area very much. It had a little porch out the back and a place for flowers etc. I think they couldn't be on the second floor because they wouldn't have the porch. Not ruling this place out. Had memory care.

Upscale facility at Exit 36 behind Ta...

Upscale facility at Exit 36 behind Target Center. Private Room in Memory Care is 5-6000/mo. Lots of cognitive stimulation, activity programs. No Medicaid accepted. Will work with family to relocate when $ runs out.

3-meal-a-day plan. Full kitchen.

3-meal-a-day plan. Full kitchen.

Independent living areas smelled like...

Independent living areas smelled like motel lobbies and hallways. Patients in dementia unit all looked worse. Might be an option once he has to be placed, though.

This is very nice. There is an indep...

This is very nice. There is an independent living suite and a locked memory care unit. They don't take Medicaid.