Newhaven Court at Lindwood - Greensburg, PA

Everything is going great!

Everything is going great so far! The staff are very attentive and the facility is kept clean and safe. There are also great activities to join in on. Though the meals leave something to be desired, my loved one says that they are okay.

A welcoming bright community

This community is in a nice rural area right on the outside of Greenburg. They offer a lot of patios for the residents to sit and enjoy the outdoors. Mom has a nice room. The food looks ok and they offer a good variety. The staff are supportive and friendly. They help with her medication. The only thing I have seen it that it looks like they are understaffed on weekends. I would recommend this community.

First Choice!

Staff - superb!
Surroundings - Beautiful!
Care - the greatest comfort and peace I have had since my mother took ill!
Location - serene, calm!
This is where I will plan for my retirement.

It has been wonderful.

It has been wonderful. We are happy with them. We don't have any major complaints. She has been happy there as well. I would give them a five, so far.

not quite encouraging enough at getting dad to participate

The staff at New Haven Court at Lindwood are very friendly. They are not quite encouraging enough at getting dad to participate in activities though. I would like to see them push him a little bit. They use a stand up scale at this facility but for someone that cant stand on his own it really makes it hard to get an accurate reading. I am not sure how expensive it would be to get a different kind of scale but I would like to see them have a different option. That's really the only thing I can think of that needs improving. Overall it has been a good experience.

Very nice looking place!

We visited this community while looking into care options for a loved one. New Haven is gorgeous. There are kitchenettes in the rooms that we saw, and the rooms themselves were also very large. Semi-private rooms weren't bad because there is a wall to separate the two beds, however the kitchen and bathroom are shared with one being on one side of the room and the other being in the opposite room.

Not a satisfying experience

I thought they did an okay job at New Haven Court, but there were a lot of little problems that added up to it just not being a satisfying experience. The facility itself was well kept, and the people were nice enough. However, we had multiple problems with their medication service, both in getting the medicine passed out at the right time, and properly administered. I also felt that they did not bathe her often enough. The last issue we had was with the food, which I think could stand a lot of improvement. Like I said, not a bad place at all, but there are better options out there.

Very Favorable

We were more positive on this community than Emeritus, Rooms were very nice, we were not exposed to any meal, staff was extremely friendly, very favorable.

We use the adult day program 2x per w...

We use the adult day program 2x per week since my mom retired. She enjoys the activities & the staff is very nice.

New Haven at Lindwood

The people here seem to be really on top of things and everyone is very caring. Everything is always very clean and neat. There are enough staff members here to take care of all the residents. The experience so far has been very positive. My aunt has been there about 4 months.

A great place, but not for Mom

I really liked the look of this place, it was very nice looking and all of the staff were friendly! Unfortunately Mom decided after the fact that she really didn't want to move, and went back to her previous place shortly afterwards. It was nothing New Haven did, Mom just decided she didn't want to go through the ordeal of meeting an entirely new set of people. I'd definitely recommend this place to anyone looking, though, it was very nice!

Very pleased with their service

I really can't think of anything to complain about, or any way they could improve! It's a very clean, nice looking place, and the staff are great. The food is also pretty good, I've only had it once myself, but my loved one is not afraid to complain if she doesn't like something, and we haven't heard any complaints! One of the reasons we selected it was that the memory care unit is very small, so the residents get a lot of individual attention.

Greensburg, Pennsylvania is a beautiful place to live, offering old world charm with modern amenities. If you have been considering finding a place for your loved one to stay, you need look no further than New Haven Court at Lindwood. Located within the city, we pride ourselves on being able to incorporate community activities with the interests of our residents. We strive to make every effort to allow them to participate in activities that they enjoy, both here at New Haven Court and within the community of Greensburg itself. As a result, we provide transportation services so that your loved one can go to and from doctor appointments, but also to participate in community activities and maintain an interest within the neighborhood. We understand how difficult it is to make the transition from living alone and being independent to living in a facility that can ensure that both emotional and medical needs are met. Therefore, we offer private apartments for residents who are able to live alone but need assistance to stay safe and remain as healthy as possible. Whether your loved one wishes to become a permanent resident, or if you only need to make temporary arrangements, a private apartment is offered. We also foster relationships between our residents and cater meals for parties so that they can remain socially active and spend time with friends. Our many other amenities include delicious meals and a pickup and delivery service for any dry cleaning. Perhaps most importantly, we have a physician on call and we offer physical, occupational and speech therapies to residents in order to help them live their lives to the fullest. We try to make each apartment feel as much like home as possible, fully realizing that it is a major change to move out of one's own home and move into an assisted living facility. However, we make every effort to make our residents comfortable. As part of our efforts to do exactly that, we allow residents to bring their pets with them because we understand how important the companionship of a pet can be. We also provide cable television services in order to allow your loved one to continue to watch favorite shows. Therefore, if you are considering moving your loved one to an assisted living facility, contact us at New Haven Court at Lindwood for more information.