Harbour Assisted Living/Monroeville - Monroeville, PA

Just Fair Not Great

The positives: Activity Coordinator tries very hard. The general staff is pretty good. The negatives: The population, specifically my relative, has a very poor memory. The management is constantly confusing her with schedule changes such as shower times, laundry, housekeeping etc. It seems when someone is scheduled to be there a staffer doesn't show up. When we go there and try to speak to the Director she is never there. No one ever seems to know what is going on if there is an issue. For all this cost one who hope for much better care.

SLC Midwest

Your description concerns us. At Harbour Assisted Living we take all perceived staff or care issues seriously. Your comment has been passed onto a supervisory team that will follow-up with the community.

Not a good fit for us

When I visited this community it did not seem to be very active. It was quiet when we walked in. This is a good sized community with elevators. The rooms were nice and we were well received. The staff we met during the tour were courteous and professional, however I did not get the feeling they wanted us there.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your visit at Harbour Senior Living of Monroeville did not live up to the expectations we strive for. It’s important to us that we address your concerns and make this right, so we invite you to reach out to our Executive Director at [removed]. Thank you again for your input, and we look forward to hearing from you!

My husband and I were greeted with our names inside of a frame that was sitting on the receptionist's desk and when we left the building we were given a box with a scone for each one of us! The building both inside and outside is very nice and clean and appealing. The building and the rooms had large windows which let a lot of sun light in and brightened everything up. All of the rooms had their own shower which was a plus. The rooms were generous and spacious and had a large closet for the resident's clothing, etc. The only thing that would made the surrounding more favorable from my point of view is to have a large therapy gym for the residents to be treated by Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy. Treating patients in their rooms limit the therapist's ability to provide the patient with all of their needs. Otherwise is was a very nice place for my mother to reside.

Badly needed respite care

My mom stayed at Harbour in respite care for a month. If she felt better, I think she would have enjoyed all of the amenities more. But she raved about the entire staff and that everyone was so nice to her. She loved getting her hair done; with assistance, was able to get her first shower in a long time; she loved her room and all of the space in it; she enjoyed walking (with her walker) around the first floor during each day; she enjoyed some of the entertainment when she was physically up for it. My sisters and I enjoyed having lunch or dinner with mom and enjoyed the food.

Fantastic!

My parents are very comfortable since their move to this community. The staff is all very friendly and accommodating. The place is kept spotless and the meals are fantastic. So far we have no complaints, everything has been great.

No Comfortable With The Method of Calling For Help

My tour of this community was scheduled at night. So I wasn't able to get a view of the appearance of the community. My mother needed a place that could help her recover from accidents she had. The issue I had with this community, was that the only way my mother could call for help was by using the phone next to the bed. I didn't feel that was very safe. It was not the community for my mother and her needs.

My Aunt Is Being Cared for Very Well Here

I have previously had an aunt in this community, and that was a good experience. So we decided to move my other aunt here. She is doing very well here, and I'am satisfied. Our experiences have been great so far. Everybody is very kind and helpful. I'am comfortable with the care she is receiving. I would recommend this community it has worked out very well for us.

Nice Tour, Good Community

I toured this community for my mother and her needs. It was a nice tour. The staff was kind and friendly. They were informative and answered my questions. From what I saw everything appeared to well maintain. It was a pleasant tour, but this just wasn't the community for my mother.

Still adjusting

Frank is having some good days and bad days. He has not been there long enough to know at this time. very happy with the staff and wanting to see progress in a few weeks .

Transition to personal care home

The facilities are beautiful and clean. My mom gets good care. We put her there to go get stronger to go home and told them that going in, it would be helpful if they could try to walk with her more. Wendy was very helpful in the transition to the personal care home.

I would give them 8 out of 10.

I would give them 8 out of 10. They are good, and very attentive. It's relatively clean, and the care has been good, they have been helpful. The food seems to be okay, and she really likes the desserts. Wendy was very nice and helpful during the transition. I like that there is a hospital right across the street, as well as a storage facility, that let us use their truck to move things.

Wendy is a fantastic resource. Runs a beautiful facility and I would recommend Harbour to anyone. Great location and the place is clean, friendly and very welcoming. Chocolate chip biscuits are, well....you just have to taste them to judge. YUMMY!!!!

My sister and I were very impressed with this facility. It was very clean no bad smells! The staff was very helpful

Very Good Caretakers

What they have done well was take care of my sister. She wasn't hungry one day, so she didn't go down to dinner, so they came looking for her, which I enjoyed that they did that. The only thing I don't like about it is that they don't have a mailbox so the residents can't receive mail.

Very nice place!

Overall we're very pleased with Harbour Assisted Living. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff here is very friendly and professional, and they do a great job looking after the residents. They are worth a look if you're looking into senior care in the area!

MAKE SURE YOU VISIT HARBOUR !

I am very glad I found Harbour for my dad to reside. It was definitely a good decision! He is happy there. The entire staff is helpful, cheerful, upbeat, concerned for the residents, competent and friendly. The whole place is very clean, doesn't smell, it's classy and it's like being in an upscale hotel. The caregivers get the residents out of their rooms and involved in various activities. They are well organized there. Also, the food is pretty good there. I've ate there several times. My dad is very pleased with the food and he hasn't missed a meal! When he first moved in, he stayed in his room and the caregivers brought food to him. After being there for only 3 weeks he found a girlfriend!!! LOL! I'm happy for him and happy he's there. I knew that was the place for him as soon as i walked in the door.

fantastic

Aside from one incident where my mother in law got a broken leg (which I don't think was their fault at all) our experience has been very good with Harbour Assisted Living. The accommodations were fantastic, the food was delicious, and the people were very friendly and helpful. They did a really nice job.

Very nice atmosphere. Like a hotel. Knew it was the right place for my dad when I walked in. Staff treats residents like their own parents. Very comfortable with him being there.

An excellent facility

Harbour Senior Living is a godsend. I moved my parents from an independent living facility to Harbour as they needed additional assistance. There is always trepidation about putting loved ones needs in the hands of others, but this has been a incredible experience. The nursing staff has been wonderful - pushing back on bad medical care received in the ER, identifying possible next steps, carefully considering the financial challenges that face additional care. My parents had an exceptionally rough start when they were hospitalized for the flu and in my mother's case a serious intestinal problem and the flu. They were weakened and sent to skilled nursing for almost 3 weeks. Harbour staff monitored their care and came to assist in the move back. My mother was hospitalized again for congestive heart failure and they made helpful suggestions on management of this complicated condition. My dad is working his way back, but has difficulty with falling and PT was initiated. I feel that they are getting good care, good food (according to my very picky mom) in a comfortable homey environment. You really can't ask for more.
My experience has been excellent and I feel it's important to acknowledge good care and service when given. This type of transition is something which many of us deal with and I'm not going to say any of this was easy, but the support in making the transition has been appreciated. I'm a clinical social worker and know the wide range of care provided in an assisted facility. This one is excellent, from the manager, to the nursing staff and all support staff.

I am pleased with the care and thoughtfulness my mother is receiving.

Very nice community

Overall our experience with Harbour Assisted Living was a good one! It's a nice looking, clean community, and the staff were all very friendly and professional. They did a good job handling my loved one's end of life care. It was a good environment, and the integrated the hospice service we had in very well.

Great place

Today makes the end of the first week of my moms admission to Harbour of Monreoville although the first few day were trying (for me as well as her) I can now say that I can see hope for mom's happiness and my peace of mindI choose a 5 star rating because the staff made me feel that my angst was normal and that mom's was to I was always being reassured that the adjustment period brought with it a varying level of angst and that wpu;d decrease over time. It has. Mom now has a few freinds a good appetite and motivation to get dressand I'm am finally getty a good night sleep knowing she's safe and happy

Excellent assisted living home!!

My mother has been with Harbour Assisted Living for 3 months now and my family and I have found Greg, Wendy and the entire staff to be extremely helpful, honest and loving to my mother. We are very glad to have her living there and would highly recommend it to anyone.

FIVE-STAR RATING!

At 93, Dad needed the safety and comfort of a home and loving caregivers in assisted living. As a daughter, I wanted only the very best for him. At Harbour, I have been extremely pleased by the high level of healthcare provided by competent staff who fully address his medical issues, nutrition, daily care, friendships and overall well-being. Everyone has been very kind and supportive to both of us. The setting at Harbour is tastefully decorated and furnished, comfortable and as welcoming as a home. It deserves a 5-star rating! As a World War II veteran, Dad is one of the last remaining from "The Greatest Generation." I felt he should be given the same dignity of care in his later years that he gave by serving in the military. He has been most pleased residing at Harbour. I definitely recommend Harbour to someone looking for excellent senior care.

In elegant, residential environments, we deliver the finest in senior care, and are recognized nationally for both quality and innovation. Harbour Assisted Living and Memory Care/Monroeville affords families peace-of-mind by providing today's seniors with a range of personalized assisted living and memory care services. From assistance with activities of daily living such as eating, bathing, dressing to medication monitoring, Harbour Assisted Living and Memory Care/Monroeville provides residents with the help they need. Residents maintain the same privacy in their new home as they enjoyed in their own home. At Harbour Assisted Living and Memory Care/Monroeville, we encourage residents to challenge themselves while offering the assistance they need. We encourage family and friends to be involved, to visit frequently, and to invite residents on outings to community events. This innovative approach to senior care is designed to maintain independence and dignity, yet is balanced with the comfort and security that comes from knowing experienced help is close at hand.