Brookdale Latrobe - Latrobe, PA

Brookdale Latrobe - Latrobe, PA has yet not published prices.

Very welcoming

Visited last week for my mom, even though they say it’s under construction the place was very clean and orderly. The staff were so friendly; met with sales, and the administrator spent a lot of time with me too (didn’t have that experience anywhere else). You knew they really cared and loved their job.

We like it so far

My mother in law is doing well at this community. She thinks the activities are ok. The only issue is the food as it does not always taste good and there is not a large variety of choices. The staff are very friendly and good. They keep the community clean and I would recommend it.

Nice Tour of This Community

I had a good tour of this community. It appeared to be well maintained. The community looked nice and clean. The staff was kind and informative. It was a nice experience. There were many factors that played into where to place my aunt. Like location, and this community was just a little to far for me to travel too.

best place to be

I am really pleased with Brookdale Latrobe. I am pleased everything. I have no complaints. If you are a family member or a person that has to be in that situation this facility is really the best place to be. It has been a really good experience here.

It's been good so far. It's a nice place.

It's been good so far. It's a nice place. I don't have any complaints at this point. Everyone is really friendly, and they take good care of my loved one. This seemed to be in the same price range as other similar places in the area.

The whole package for a limited care facility!

Having to search for a place for my dad and never had to before was a little traumatic for me however living near Emeritus at Latrobe brought familiarity. It turns out that it was a good thing because ever since my first visit there to see if it would work out for us I was relaxed that Emeritus At Latrobe would be just fine! The patience of the entire staff, the knowledge of the people in charge and the food...well let me tell you the food served to the residents is just fantastic. I have had the luxury to choose Emeritus after one visit and I am glad I did. For a limited care facility, Emeritus At Latrobe has been a God Send. From activities, to food, to care Emeritus At Latrobe (now Brookdale) has proven themselves to me and my dad.

We liked it

We liked it very much, Room sizes were good, only viewed 1 or 2 from hallway, admissions/marketing director and nurse were very nice. We had lunch there and it was very nice.

Passed the smell test

Not a true nursing home but it wasn't quite appropriate for him. He needs nursing care, i Thought it would be nice but he needs help showering and dressing. I felt he needed a higher degree of care. Passed the smell test, congenial.

Pleasant environment

Our first impression after a tour of the facility was positive. One of the main attractions of this particular facility was its proximity to mom's home community and other relatives, as we (son and daughter-in-law) live farther away and cannot visit frequently. The facility also sent representatives to mom's home on several occasions, both to evaluate her and to familiarize her with staff; we found this to be extremely helpful in getting her adjusted to the idea of living somewhere else. Nevertheless, it was not easy to get her to move, but the staff was very good at recognizing her reluctance and making the transition easier for everyone. Generally, the surroundings are well-lit, safe, and pleasant; the staff is willing to go out of their way to help. One thing that has bothered us a bit is the easy access to the facility; on our visits there rarely is anyone present at the entrance to control visitors. Mom still talks as if she is going back "home" at some point, but we have been told this is very common. The regular meals, meds, and social contact have improved her general health and cognition considerably. The concerns that we have had regarding her care have been treated as important by the staff and addressed. We like the fact that she can see the doctor on site regularly as well as a podiatrist and a hairdresser. It is difficult for us to evaluate the activities since we cannot be there for most of them, but hopefully the staff encourages mom to participate. The care is extremely costly financially, but the staff has been helpful in finding alternate means of payment (VA benefits, etc.).

Smooth transistion

My Father has only been at Emeritus at Latrobe for 12 days so far, but the transition from home has been made as smoothly and comfortably for Daddy and his family as possible by the wonderful staff. The physical environment is pleasing and pleasant, and my chances to join Emeritus "community" activities very rewarding.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.