Barnes Place - Latrobe, PA has yet not published prices.

A good visit

This was a nice looking community when we visited. The person that took us on tour was nice. This community seems to offer a lot of activities and some nice amenities. My loved one just did not think this was the right place for them.

Betty at Barnes

Barnes Pace is a wonderful community for my mom. The staff is amazing- so helpful and attentive to us. The facility has a lot to offer, is
light and clean, and is more like a high-end hotel than senior facility. And she likes the food which is saying a lot!

They are 5 stars.

My husband was at this community a short time and he did love the food while he was there. The community is gorgeous. They kept his room and the community clean. They did his laundry. This is a private community that does not accept medicaid. The community is square with a courtyard in the middle. The caregivers went above and beyond when my husband needed extra help and they worked well with hospice.

My Tour Went Well, Everybody was Nice

I had a good tour of this community. From what I saw everything is very well maintained. The community looked nice and clean. The staff was nice and friendly. It is a nice community with kind people. It was not the place for us, but it is a good community.

High cost low care services

Sales pitch was amazing; unfortunately they do NOT deliver. The level of care services is inadequate. In 3 weeks bed not changed once by Barnes; the family had to change it. We had to ask for our mother to be showered every week; it was supposed to be done 3 times a week. Not once did they do it without being asked. The level of staff is inadequate. The same aides serve meals, clean up meals, assist with toileting, showers and dressing. There is rarely anyone at the front desk and anytime we needed to find someone we had to search the facility. Weekends are especially bad for any care services. Meals are not served on time. People are waiting 35-40 minutes to be served. I would NOT recommend Barnes Place. The cost is high and the level of care is terrible.

Enlivant Representative

We're sorry to hear about your poor experience. Please reach out directly to Jeff Floyd, our Senior Vice President, at [removed] to discuss your experience.

Give it second thought

The negative reviews posted earlier are extremely accurate! The facility is very understaffed with only typically 3 staff members working at a time to care for entire facility of 60 residents with the same staff serving food and caring for the patients. (I.e. Bathing, toileting, and feeding). The nurse on staff is rarely there and unhelpful when she is. Lately the dining room has not been cleaned up after dinner with dirty dishes and napkins on the table and crumbs still on the floor as late as 9-10 pm when dinner is finished at 6. This is largely once again due to understaffing. My loved one lived at the Barnes Place for 5 years due to her worsening dementia. This is not a place for someone with dementia as the staff has no understanding of the disease process or how to manage an agitated dementia patient who sundowns. Also, due to the understaffing, we the family would often get calls to come calm her down when she was confused and agitated and a few times they had already sent her to the hospital before we got there. Then the hospital usually sent her back saying she had dementia and there was nothing to be done. The final straw with this facility was when the director and nurse backed my family into a corner forcing us to send my loved one to a psych unit for evaluation, stating they would love to have her back after her stay there then once she reached the psych unit they refused to re evaluate her forcing us to find new placement for her. This was a dirty move! They don't have the courage to give a 30 day notice so instead they put the family through undue stress regarding the health of their loved one then a mad rush to try to find a place for a 90 year old with severe dementia.

Enlivant Representative

We're sorry to hear about your poor experience. We would like to discuss further. Please reach out directly to Jeff Floyd, our Senior Vice President, at [removed].

Beware of Management Changes

My father has been here for one year. The facility is undergoing major management changes. In the last few months the Executive Director and RN has been replaced. The Activities Director is no longer there. The facility has failed to update my father's support plan in accordance to licensing guidelines. My father's care has been compromised despite numerous attempts in trying to correct with both verbal and written complaints. Unless significant changes are put into place and actually implemented I would suggest looking elsewhere to put your loved one.

Look elsewhere

Horrible place! Nurse is never there, management is always changing, high turn over with all staff. There were hardly ever any activities that were scheduled and actually they followed through with. Food is nothing desirable. Constantly raising rates. Will do and say anything to get you in the door. So glad we pulled mom out. She is so much happier at her new place. [removed] Look elsewhere!!!!

Terrible place.

My grandfather has been there for a few weeks and is getting terrible care. The staff let him sit in front of his food, do not assist him with eating, and let his food get cold while he sits in front of it for hours. They [are not gentle with] him when they lift him in and out of his seats. They do not help him at all! This is the most pathetic excuse for a personal care home that my family and I have ever seen. My family is paying over $5,000 a month and this is the kind of care he gets!!! Do NOT send anyone you love here!!!

Barnes Place and great place or seniors

Great place for your love ones, My dad is there and is getting the best care, and he loves the place. The aids and all the staff are there on a dime when my dad needs anything. would recommend this place.

Makes me relax knowing he is in good hands.

I just think it's a really great place.

They are just really outstanding, I don't have any complaints at all. My loved ones are happy there. They have all different kinds of accommodations there, different sized rooms, and five different levels of care. There is a nurse there Monday through Friday, and a nurse on call. There is something going on all the time, they have a full time activities director, plus volunteers to help. They have a chef there, and I have eaten there and popped in at different times and days and the food is always very good and well balanced. One of the things I noticed from day one, is that everyone, from the caregivers to the kitchen staff to the maintenance people, are very respectful. They don't call them sweetie or honey, or talk down to them. They have little alcoves all along the way, and they encourage the residents to think of the whole building as their home. I appreciated that they were able to offer respite care to start with. I just think it's a really great place.

Beautiful Facility, Comfortable Environment.

I brought my father here from a Nursing Home Facility. He was unable to move back to the Personal Care Home that he had been in for over (5) years because they were unable to continue his care with the level that he required at this stage of altzheimers. My father no longer required nursing home care according to his insurance company and the cost for keeping him there was not worth the benefits that he was receiving. Barnes Place is a beautiful facility and the staff is very nice. The move to this facility was a great choice for my father and myself. He began to regain some of his independence that he had lost during his previous months of stay while in the nursing home facility. Barnes Place, however, is not unlike any other personal care home regarding your loved one's care. Issues regarding my father's dental hygiene needed to be addressed several times before finally obtaining satisfactory results. Sadly, this was true with every facility my father was in, including his stays while in a nursing home facility for rehab. The one thing I've learned while my father was in any level of care facility, including hospital stays, is that you've got to be there to intervene with the staff, nurses, and doctors to keep up on things so your loved one's care does not fall through the cracks. I would highly recommend Barnes Place for a mid place of care before placing your loved one in a nursing care facility. It has proven very beneficial to my father who seems happier and more active even with his moderate stage dementia.

Nice place, overall

Overall things have gone well with Barnes Place. The facility itself is very nice, it is clean and well kept. The staff are all very friendly and caring and do a great job taking care of the residents. However, we have had a few issues with communication. More than once communications from the hospital or doctors have not been passed along to us.

Pleasant surprise

My parents have lived here for several months. The staff have been very hard working and welcoming. The facility is very well maintained. Everything looks new and fresh.
The food in the dining room is very average. There are many activities, if one chooses to participate.

At Barnes Place, residents are at the center of our small, homelike community. We are located in the small town of Latrobe, Pennsylvania. We are a mile east of Legion-Keener Park and surrounded by beautiful Pennsylvania countryside.

Our community welcomes pets and offers other activities to help residents enjoy every day:

•Steeler parties
•Ice cream socials
•Spa days
•Qigong
•Church communion
•Karaoke
•Outings to ballgames
•Trips for shopping and dining
•Scenic country drives

We offer rehabilitation services, transportation to medical appointments, medication management and assistance with daily activities. Our 24 hour staff includes a Registered Nurse who oversees each resident’s individual care plan. We are two miles from Excela Health Latrobe Hospital and have three pharmacies within a mile of our community.
Our home offers many areas for socializing, including an activity room, comfortable lounges, beauty and barber salons as well as two private courtyards. Three daily meals are served in our restaurant style dining room and snacks are always available. Meals include a starter soup or salad, choice of entrees and choice of desserts.
We have four styles of apartments to choose from and all of them are suitable for single or double occupancy. Apartments include private bathroom with safety features, kitchenette with microwave and emergency call system in the bedroom and bathroom.