New Friends Memory Care & Assisted Living - Kalamazoo, MI

New Friends Memory Care & Assisted Living - Kalamazoo, MI has yet not published prices.

Feels more like cottages

My mom and I toured here while looking for a place for my dad. Their waiting list was very, very long and just to get on the waiting list was $600. The staff was attentive and polite, the facility looked pretty clean, and whenever someone needed help, their assistance alarm didn’t go off too long. We were shown the activity room and the dining hall and that seemed fine. It was a pretty big room and the level of care was dependent on the resident. But they were almost like cottages; when we went, there were people outside and enjoying the sunshine and that was nice.

Not enough activity

I was looking for a place for my mom and New Friends was a clean pleasant facilities, but I didn't feel like there was enough activities for her. Through my search I realized that my mom was more independent than the people in assisted living facilities. I am sure this would be a good place for some.

The staff did an excellant job

The staff did an excellent job working with my dad, he could be a handful at times. They worked really hard with him making sure that he would eat and addressed his daily needs as well. The community was very nice and I felt my dad was well taken care of.

Wonderful Staff

New Friends Memory Care & Assisted Living is a wonderful community. The staff goes out of their way to help me with the difficult transitions of when I have to leave my dad and he wants to go home. Recently my dad and I enjoyed listening to musical entertainment that they had come in and it was absolutely wonderful. He enjoys the story time with staff and residents, they keep him involved with their projects and that helps keep him calm when he is engaged. I've dined with my dad and the food is the excellent dad has no complaints. I do wish they had different options if they did not like what was on the menu. It smells wonderful and clean, the environment is very warm and homey. Transportation is available to the residents for shopping and outside excursions, and they always try to get the residents to enjoy the outdoors at least once a day to get some fresh air. I feel very satisfied that we made an excellent choice for my dad in this community.