Bickford of Battle Creek - Battle Creek, MI

Home cooked meals and attentive staff

I toured here with my mom and from what I saw, they seemed okay. They had home cooked meals (which looked good) and the staff was attentive. I noticed that they didn’t have an activity area though so it didn’t have a bunch of games or puzzles for people to work on and that was a concern because we’ve been wanting to try and keep my Dad as active as he’ll let us. In the end, mom and I decided that they were more about getting people in than actually caring for them. The people we were talking to felt more like salesmen than caregivers.

Great place

Wonderful, clean, comfortable and safe environment. Lots of daily activities. Knowledgeable, friendly and caring staff. So supportive of my family member and our family. Very, very helpful in any and all ways. I highly recommend Bickford for your loved one.

The staff is very friendly. They seem knowledgeable, specifically in the ability and nuances of how to treat people with dementia. Their concern with tailoring a schedule specific to the person and their needs seems to be their directive, which is outstanding. They actually deserve a 4.5 rating from my tour impressions.

Great facility for those with memory challenges.

When it became apparent that our sister required care beyond what we were able to provide, we began an intensive search for a facility that would meet her needs both physically and mentally. Now, some six months after her residency first began, we could not be more pleased with the outcome of her placement. Every time that we go to visit her, we come away with the feeling that she is in the best place that she can be in for her health, wellbeing, and protection. The staff is friendly, caring, and very observant of her needs. She also has adjusted very favorably to the changes and, while dementia does not get better, it does seem to have reached a plateau where there is a degree of comfort within her confusion. Great job Bickford of Battle Creek!!!!

Great Care!!

My mother is doing well since she made the move to the Bickford. She seems very happy. The staff helped her get comfortable. From what I've seen, I haven't noticed anything that needs much improvement. The food is very good. We really like the constant care from the whole staff up to the managers. The staff overall is excellent. The upkeeping of the community is great. My mother has gone on a couple of trips to the mall and other outings. We are very happy with this community.

A great place

we would happy with the care that we saw here. We felt that my mom needed a little more care in special needs. They had add on's when it came to the cost of different care needs. The had a good variety of activities, The food was good and appealing. I would overall recommend the community.

Assisted living that really helps.

After touring several other sites, we picked Bickford because of the staff's involvement with the residents. My father in law was immediately called by his "Nickname" and included in talks, walks, and dining.

When we noticed his clothes were the same as the day we brought him in to Bickford, the staff immediately suggested to my father in law some different clothes to wear for tomorrow.

He is now sleeping in his bed for the first time in over 2 years and showering more frequently.

My wife and I have notice his attitude is much more up-beat and his old humor is back.

While its only been one week we're impressed with the changes.

Great home for mom

I love the staff RN Kim is great when mother didn't feel well. Danielle and Lindsy and Carrie Are great ladies! Help mom out! The activity lady is great with her bingo and ceramic panting etc. the house cleaning lady is Very good! Moves the chairs and couch! Very happy!!

A perfect place for Dad

After touring many homes, we were very excited to see the Bickford. Affordable and homey! All the folks there are very nice. They allow pets. The food is very good.

Clean and trying

The common areas and dining area are neat and clean. There is all most always something going on the common living room with the residents.
We've had some issues with the laundry being damp and not put away, but they have been working on that.
Overall our family likes the facility, but we feel need to keep checking up on the ever day things. Like are they getting our Mother to go the meals, going down for activities, getting her cleaned up on a regular bases and so on.

We are happy with Bickford.

We are happy with Bickford. We don't have any complaints, there haven't been any issues with billing. The people are very helpful, they are the thing that really stands out about the community.

food needs to be improved

At Bickford of Battle Creek the food needs to be improved. They serve canned vegetables. I know they are working on it. The other thing is the activities, they have a lot planned but they don't always follow through. They are good about working with me on any issues I have. Overall it has been a good experience.

I think they do a fantastic job at Bickford of Battle Creek! The staff is wonderful, they are all very friendly and helpful! They are always available to answer any questions you have, and they seem to really get to know each of their residents as an individual! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they have a very good meal service as well!

Small facility with only 39 apts. Cle...

Small facility with only 39 apts. Clean freindly enviornment. Small apartments. Memory care included in price of $5810 per month whic includes cable and wrist bands. $500 deposit. Lots of activities frendly staff. Will complete assesment to determin what level of care is needed.

We began our quest into senior living because of our love for our beloved mother, Mary Bickford, whose needs became too great for us to manage. As we researched senior living options, we were shocked at our findings. The options offered too much or too little – none met her needs and nothing felt like home. Since we couldn’t find what we wanted, we decided to create what we needed. Our main desire was to create a place that helped her achieve an equivalent peace and happiness that she had earlier in her life.

We understand that selecting a senior living community for your loved one is one of the toughest decisions that you will ever face. We will work with you to ensure that the transition is as easy and comfortable as possible. Whether your loved one is at home, in the hospital or even in another state, we can work with your hospital, insurance company, and doctor to make your difficult decision easier on you and your family. Aging can be difficult – but we’ve also seen the beauty in aging. Our mother’s happiness inspired us. We created Bickford for her and now we’re devoted to serving yours. We look forward to meeting you soon.

Services