Sojourner Place - Kalamazoo, MI

Sojourner Place - Kalamazoo, MI has yet not published prices.

The staff were knowledgeable, friendly, and had a sixth sense of what was important to us. The apartments were too small for the independent life we envision. That’s more help than we need or want at this point. Not a fit for now.

2nd visit today with dad. I was that impressed by my 1st visit.

We had a great tour. [Removed] was very informative. We have other places to check out before we make a decision.

A Wonderful Place

Wonderful choice, a Wonderful Place

This is a very tough time in our lives, for my Father at 94 to have to leave his home and move into assisted living. For me, it was having to find and make the choices for him, and care, cost, amenities, were all considerations.

If you read past reviews about sojourner Place that were not flattering, please continue reading...the rest of the story.

After three weeks of rehab with the wonderful staff at Medilodge (formerly Tendercare in Portage), I needed to find a place for my father to receive the same level of care longer term.

A place for Mom is a good place to start, and [Removed] assisted me in locating options. After several visits and discussions, Sojourner in Kalamazoo was a clear choice. It is a wonderful facility, clean, smells good, and the staff has been more than helpful, and clear in explaining what they will do for Dad.

If you are at the same stage in life, or your parent is, I can highly recommend Sojourner Place.

[Removed]

Okay Experience!!

I did not use this company for very long but when I did things seem to be okay. The staff where polite and I they did a good job with communicating with our family. We just kept running into complications with the nurses quitting and schedule conflict so we ended up canceling our services.

Very friendly

My mom is settling in nicely at Sojourner Place. The atmosphere is very warm and inviting and they welcome family members when we come to visit. The staff is very friendly and attentive to her care needs. My mom says the food is good and she likes most of the meals that they serve. They do offer activities and the staff encourages the residents to participate in them, mom has tried out a few. The landscaping is well-kept and there are bird-feeders for the residents to enjoy birds and the outdoors. I would highly recommend this community to others.

Care and value for mom

This is a nice community for my mom. The community is clean and maintained with a good environment. The menu is very good with a lot of variety. They offer activities for the residents. We would recommend this community for the care and the value that is available.

Great Place!!

I have no complaints of how things went for my loved one and I during our tour. It was actually one of our top choices out of all the different places we had looked at for my mom. It was just not the right location in the end decision. I thought the staff where professional and had a lot of great information to give us as well as answer any questions we had. The property was clean and they had a lot of great amenities available as well.

The Other Option From the Tours

My aunt went to Sojourner Place and she noticed that they were too far from the family. When she met and toured with them she found out they were going to cost more. They were not a good fit for what we were looking.

Outstanding Community

This is an outstanding community, and we are very pleased with all they have done for us. My mother in law is doing amazing. The staff is taking very good care of her. This community has been the answer to our prayers. I have nothing negative to say about this community. I have already recommended it to my friend, and I would recommend it to anybody. It is a wonderful community.

Nice Tour

I had a fine tour of this community. It is a nice place, and everyone was kind. The community appeared to be well-kept. The staff was courtesy, and polite. The experience went well overall, my tour was a nice one.

I am very happy with this stay so far at this community!!

I am very pleased with how things are going for me so far at this community. The staff have really gone above and beyond to make sure I have been comfortable at this place and making any accommodations that I may need. I am enjoying my dinning experience as well the activity program they have in place for all of the residents throughout the week. My favorite thing has to be that the facility only has about thirty nine units. Everyone is like family here and I am happy to have this experience.

Trying to settle in!

Everything has been going good so far. Mom does not like the food though. She says only breakfast is good. The other food has no flavor at all. Mom likes going to the salon and getting her hair done.

Highly recommended

Our family met the staff at Sojourner Place in Kalamazoo as my In-Laws made the decision to move in to an assisted living facility. We were extremely impressed. We were greeted with friendly professionalism and we were treated like family. The staff answered all of our questions and discussed everything their facility had to offer. As we toured the facility we were amazed at the appearance and atmosphere. They obviously take pride in their community. As we passed residents, we were welcomed with smiles and introductions. My In-Laws decided to move in and become part of the community. Every member of the staff immediately became family and they were eager to help. My In-Laws soon realized that they had old friends that lived there. They feel comfortable in the dining area and say the food is great. We would highly recommend this facility to anyone. Our family extends a heartfelt "Thank You" to the staff at Sojourner Place for doing what you do so well.

Really nice smell!

The staff has been doing a excellent job and I have no complaints what so ever. They have bingo and different things going on, but my husband just has not got involved. The meals are good and he enjoys it. They always keep the community nice and never smelly like some other places.

Good Care for Mom

This is a nice community. My mom is very liking most of the time. They offered good activities. I would recommend this community for other families for good care and the good value.

Father's Care Needed

This community is nice. My father needed more care then what they informed us on.
They did not offer what they claimed to give my father. They do offer activities to help stay active. I suggest other options for other families.

What a wonderful experience so far! My brother an I moved my father in to Sojourner Place after caring for him ourselves for 8 years.
Everyone has been unbelievably welcoming and friendly, not to mention helpful.
I am greatful that we took our time to find this facility and would recommend them highly.

If my Mom is ready for assisted living, I would have no problem setting her up at Sojourner Place. The individual rooms/apartments were well laid out and included a kitchenette with frig and microwave and plenty of cabinets for a single person to use. With meals and utilities included, the prices were better than a couple other places I have seen. Matt [Removed] was great to talk to and a wealth of knowledge.

New resident experience.

Although I have only had a two week experience with a loved one being a resident, I have been impressed by the friendliness of the staff and their support. It is a lovely facility and the residents seem content and have ample opportunity to engage in activities, should they desire. The meals and atmosphere in the dining room is pleasant and engaging.

Flexible and Accommodating

The staff members at Sojourner Place have been very flexible and accommodating with us. They are friendly and responsive. I really do not have any negative comments or concerns with them at this point.

An awesome place for Mm

I am so happy to have found Sojourner for my Mother. The staff members are the most caring people I have had the pleasure to meet. It is a beautiful building with lots of planned activities. I searched a lot of places before going with Sojourner and every expectation I had has been met. I would recommend Sojourner to anyone looking for a loving environment for their family member.

A great place to live

They treat all the residents like family. The workers are very patient and kind.