StoryPoint Portage - Portage, MI

StoryPoint Portage - Portage, MI has yet not published prices.

Review of Story Point

My mother just moved into Story Point and is truly enjoying it. She has made friends, enjoys the friendly staff, the food and many more wonderful things that this community provides!

Review of Story Point

We were so fortunate to discover Story Point in Portage Michigan through "A Place for Mom". It is about a year old, and usually organizations take quite awhile to "get the kinks out", before they run smoothly. This is not the case with Story Point. It is a wonderful, beautiful property. From the onset, we met with [name removed] - the Sales Manager she was so knowledeable and personable. Prior Sales Managers have been so pushy; but [name removed] provided the facts and let us discover all that Story Point has to offer. Then we met with [name removed], G.M. to sign the lease documents. What an asset to your company! She made a very tedious Experience enjoyable and was crystal clear on everything we needed to know. We met with her recently for further clarification for my parents - and she made time for us immediately and answered our questions. We are POSITIVELY THRILLED with Story Point in Portage MI as my parents new home. Other staff members have also Gone above and beyond to be helpful: [names removed] I apologize for others I may have left off. Thanks for the opportunity to share my opinion, and feel free to use my name as a reference.

Communication is Nonexistant

We have struggled to get the care my Dad needed here. It really wasn’t a difficult case, but lack of leadership, compassion and professionalism have caused stress and tension. We have attempted to address our problems with staff, but get the run around. No one calls back and no one emails back. My sibling finally resorted to threatening legal action in an attempt to get what we were paying exorbitant rent for. It’s beyond unacceptable.

Erin Kessler

Hello,
We appreciate your feedback and are disappointed that you don’t feel your dad received the care we aspire to provide. Upon consulting the StoryPoint Portage team, we can’t seem to definitively find any record of the circumstances outlined in your review. We pride ourselves on communication internally as well as with our residents and their families. We care about resolving issues as soon as they are brought to our attention. We would like the chance to discuss this with you further, in order to offer you and your family solutions. Please reach out the Executive Director of your community to be put in touch with our Vice President of Wellness. Thank you.

Review of Story Point

Was a great tour - people very friendly - lots of smiles. Will get parents here to see.

Wonderful Experiences

StoryPoint is a wonderful community with a caring staff. Being only a year old there are always kinks to be worked out. Activities provides trips, social hours, and entertainment. The food is wonderful, even with a full dining room every night. Every situation I have brought to management has been addressed and the place always is clean and tidy. Our family really enjoys spending time with our loved one at StoryPoint and most importantly they are happy. It’s a huge relief to know care staff are there 24/7 even in independent areas.

Just an opinion

StoryPoint...almost dreamlike in name and appearance. However, dreams can quickly turn to nightmares and there is usually a moral to a story.
To brag about meeting and exceeding the needs of those who deserve it most, the residents, is disheartening, for they fall far short.
I could write pages more, but will simply end by saying, stories have many versions, make sure you read all of the fine print and footnotes before deciding fiction or fairytale. Final thought...
StoryPoint, where everyone has a Story, but most don’t get the Point.

Erin Kessler

Hello,

Thank you for leaving a review. Our StoryPoint Portage community is just over a year old and continues to develop, thrive and implement the best practices for our residents and their families. We prioritize providing our residents with safety, feelings of belonging, as well as inspiration and empowerment. We agree with you that it is essential for families to do all their research before deciding on a home for themselves or a loved one. To discuss your review in more detail, please go to our StoryPoint Portage website and call the listed number. Thank you.

Storypoint is by far one of the most beautiful Senior Living Facilities. However, the company over promises and under delivers.
Coming from a family of medical professionals there are great concerns when you have a loved one as a resident. Whether you are in independent living, enhanced living or other areas of the facility your loved ones will face issues that are not acceptable. Storypoint needs to increase training in all areas of all disciplines all the way up to the Executive Director. Safety and Quality should NOT be compromised!
Please take notice and start listening to your residents and act on their concerns timely.

Fantastic retirement community! Check it out for you or a loved one.

The community feels welcoming from the moment you walk in. The residents and staff are extremely friendly and are always excited to see new faces. The community is a great place to grow in your later years. With opportunities to try new things and expand interests all while feeling safe, cared for and supported.

StoryPoint is one of the best senior homes I have ever been in. The residents make everyday great and the staff is like a second family.

Review of StoryPoint Portage - Portage, MI

This is a wonderful place to live. I have lived here almost a year now and I can’t say enough about it.

Family Concerns

Lots of growing pains that should be worked out by now. Many issues that are overlapping and need to be sorted out. Bottom line is the rent is not cheap, and these things need to be addressed ASAP. Mainly caregiver burnout and apathy causing WAY too much time to go by before answering emergency calls. Families need to feel their concerns are being heard and they don't currently feel that way.

Great place and great people! Best decision EVER!! The staff is AMAZING! Love everything about this location!

High Employee Turnover Poorly Managed

Needs lots of work to straighten out problems. No follow through, management ignores concerns. Could be a great place, but it remains an absolute unorganized mess. Employee pay seems to be very low ( below industry standards) causing high turnover.

Portage StoryPoint Needs Work...Lots of Work

While some StoryPoint locations are 4-Star, the Portage location is struggling. As residents, our complaints are ignored, overlooked and/or brushed aside. The turnover of employees here is astounding . Don’t corporations realize that if you simply paid your employees a little more per hour, you’d have happy people who stay? Story Point has a whole gimmick called 1440 that maintains that every minute here is a great minute. Not so. Things we were promised before signing the lease never happened. The food is hit or miss. Supper takes an hour and a half because they hire high schoolers who aren’t properly trained to serve. The store there that should stock essentials is almost always empty. Activities are an unorganized mess. Movies rarely work and events are cancelled or no-shows quite often. Care givers are tired, burnt out and just angry. Parking is difficult with a lack of car ports. Maintenance work orders take far too long to complete. Doors do not open properly with the key fobs we are given, and some side entrance doors STILL do not work. The management team takes a “ not my problem” attitude. It’s a shame because it’s a nice building. ( albeit cheaply made).

Very pricey

My mom and I toured here when we were looking for a place for my dad. It was a good facility but the price was a bit too much. The staff seemed pretty okay. The facility was clean and all of the things that we were looking for were there. They showed us the activity room but no one was there while we were touring so I don’t know what they provide, however they did give me a list to look over so there are things to do there. We wound up going with a different community because of the price.

Review of StoryPoint Portage - Portage, MI

The food is delicious – and the choices are good.

This home is perfect!

StoryPoint is perfect! My mom is very happy there. She’s in the enhanced living area and the facility is taking great care of her. The staff is easy to communicate with, provide great care, have been quick to help with concerns of ours, and they’ve really been wonderful with her. The food is awesome here! There’s a small dining room with so many choices on the menu at mealtimes, and the tables always have flowers. We were worried she wouldn’t be able to find her way around, so someone helped her for a few days, and now she knows where everything is! The facility is very clean. Someone comes in daily to empty the waste baskets, they sweep up, and if there are dishes in the sink, they’ll actually do them. Every two weeks they do a thorough cleaning. There are tons of activities like all different types of exercise classes, music, dominoes, bingo, bible studies, and they even have a movie theater and a little art area for classes. They offer tons of options for the visiting families too –a bistro, a coffee shop; there is also a library and small store. They’ll have special lunch events too, some just for ladies, and some just for men. We checked out other places that were similar in price and StoryPoint just had so much more to offer! You can’t beat the price for the things you get. I absolutely recommend it here!

Very nice community. Friendly staff. Great food. Clean and opulent. Gorgeous grounds – and outside patio areas are relaxing.

Brand – new lovely state of - the art building.
Vibrant staff.
Enjoyable activities.

Very pleased!

The staff is friendly, helpful and well trained. My husband needs a great deal of assistance and the aides here are willing and capable of giving it to him – and always with a smile.

I was pleasantly surprised to be so content and pleased here. I need quite a lot of help and the ladies here give it to me – with little waiting and always cheerfully.
And the food is good!

Brand New Community

This community is brand new and is still overcoming some challenges but has major potential to be a well-run community that cares. I really like the staffing they are very nice and helpful when things are brought to their attention. However, I have noticed there is no night management staff no one in charge which is a concern. The after hours phone is not staffed I haven't been able to get anyone on the phone when I've tested it. The staff including the maintenance staff does not know how to work the tv's so the residents can't watch tv. The community has great security measures in place but they need to be redefined a little at night. They offer some activities which mom enjoys.

Brand new

This community opened up in May and it is a beautiful community. They do offer some daily activities for the memory care residents. The staff are friendly. My only concern is that I am not sure the caregivers are fully trained on how to handle residents with more advanced Dementia. They did not offer a family meeting to let us know what was happening with our loved one. I would ask a lot of questions when looking at this community.

Beautiful

StoryPoint Portage was a very nice tour. It is a very beautiful community. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable and answered all of our questions that we had asked. It seemed a little too institutional to suit our needs. We were also looking for a smaller community, this one was too large for us and the cost did not fit into our budget.

From cozy winters indoors to spring walks by the West and Austin Lakes, StoryPoint Portage offers the privacy and comforts of home with the added benefits of additional care. Our full range of care services include Independent Living, Enhanced Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care. No matter what time of year, there’s always something to do at StoryPoint Portage.