Bowman Place - Three Rivers, MI

Bowman Place - Three Rivers, MI has yet not published prices.

Keep on looking

Understaffed, large employee turnover, poor nursing care. Keep on looking there are many others out there who are much better

Keep on looking

My mom was a resident of Bowman Place for three years, and overall I was happy with her care, most particularly the aides. They were always friendly to mom, and she enjoyed interacting with them. Things changes dramatically the last three months of her stay there.

One of the things that I noticed from the get go was the large turnover of Executive Directors, and nursing staff. There is certainly a rotating door when it comes to keeping administrative, nursing, and support staff. This kind of turnover speaks volumes for the work environment and culture.

During the last three months of mom's stay there, her dementia worsened. I knew this of course, and called daily to speak to an aide to see how she was doing that particular day. Not once in that three month period did the house nurse call me to express any concerns regarding mom. Furthermore, she failed to coordinate with mom's physician which was part of the care plan that mom paid for monthly.

In fairness to the aides, it should be noted that they did call in reports to the doctor when necessary. Many of moms dementia issues could have been resolved had she been referred to Bronson Paw Paw Neuro Unit as had been suggested a number of times but the nurse NEVER once mentioned that option to me nor did she tell me there are two in house psychiatrists who could have evaluated mom.

This serious communication failure on the nurses part eventually led to serious behavioral issues for my mom, and an eventual elopement. Since that time, mom has been sent to Bronson Paw Paw where a medication review was done and mom's behavioral issues have disappeared. She has since been moved to a secure facility. This experience has been very painful, stressful and heartbreaking. It breaks my heart that my mom suffered so when there was so much that could have and should have been done for her. If the nurse had advised me of the other treatment options, my mom most likely would still be at Bowman.

Another issue of concern is lack of adherence to their own policies. One time, the kitchen staff did not lock the kitchen doors (which they are supposed to do), and mom walked right out the door and into the woods behind Bowman, 911 was called and mom was eventually located both cold and confused. The aide on duty suggested that mom opened the unlocked door with a butter knife when in fact they did not lock it as required. My mom probably doesn't even know how to use a butter knife much less pry a lock open with one!!!!!

Another incident occurred when a resident stood in the hallway across from my moms room nearly naked calling for help. No one came, and after about 10 minutes of pushing the call button, I finally located all the aides in the kitchen listening to a very loud radio and having a great time while this poor confused woman was crying and yelling for help! Since there in no one of authority on second and third shifts, I shudder to think of other things that have happened that I don't know about.

A recent facebook post from a former employee suggested abuse as well. If you would like to see that post, please contact me at [removed] as I have taken a screen shot of her comments.

All in all, if you are looking for a place for a loved one, I can only suggest that you keep on looking. There are many other options out there.

Enlivant Marketing

Cheri - we appreciate your feedback, and we take it very seriously. We apologize for any miscommunication regarding your mother's primary doctor. We conducted an investigation on the kitchen doors and held additional trainings with our staff to resolve this. We're very saddened that you are disappointed with your experience here and we encourage you to call our Enlivant Cares line or the community directly if you have anymore questions or concerns. Thank you.

Happy with My Move

Very happy with my move to this community. It is a nice cozy little community. Everyone has been very kind, and helpful. I'am pleased with all they have done for me.

Truly a loving and kind place to be for your loved one.

High Volume Community!!

The community was clean there are no complaints. My father desired space from the caregivers during certain times of the day. The staff tried for my father to engage in activities but was not being given the necessary space he needed. The community noise level was getting really intense. I really liked that once i spoke with the activity director he did address this issue.

Check reviews for Bowman House..new name , same facility

They have changed names from Bowman House to Bowman Place..please check reviews for Bowman House..same facility. Not a good place for someone with memory issues.

Easy To Work With

They just worked really well with my loved one's finances to help get her in to the Bowman Place and a big thing that helped us was that they have a deferred payment plan, so that was really good for us.