Mustang Creek Estates Residential AL and MC - Allen, TX

So far, so good!

My loved ones are doing well since their move to Mustang Creed Estates. They seem to be happy, but it has been an adjustment for them. Everyone there is very nice, and it has been a pretty good experience.

Very interesting concept. With several purpose built homes on their own cul-de-sac they have created their own interconnected neighborhood. The emphasis here seems to be on social interaction between the residents, and the multiple homes offers a large community while still preserving privacy.

Samantha Blossom

Thank you for your response! For 11 years, we have cared for and provided high quality assisted living for hundreds of seniors. Our residents and their family members love the home environment that we offer along with the home-cooked meals and exceptional care that our caregivers provide to our residents on a daily basis. We appreciate your recommendations and we look forward to caring for many more seniors in the years to come.

Very Nice Tour

Our tour of this community went very well. This is a nice down to earth community. The community looked great, everything was well-kept. Everyone was very kind to my family, and myself. Unfortunately my mother didn't feel this was the community for her.

Samantha Blossom

Thank you so much for sharing your review! Mustang Creek Estates in Allen has an amazing staff, residents and families! We are sorry to hear our unique neighborhood was not a good fit for your mother. We hope you found a good fit community for her. Thank you again.

Not impressed...

While touring the Mustang Creek, I did not like the rooms. They were very small and the place felt like a group home. The residents would have to go to the hallway bathroom to take showers. It was not a good fit at all.

Samantha Blossom

Thank you for taking the time to rate us. We are disappointed that we did not receive a higher rating and we regret that we did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on providing high quality, exceptional care to our residents and for 11 years, we have been the #1 Assisted Living provider in Allen, TX. If there are any specific concerns that you would like to address, we are always happy to hear them.

This was a wonderful experience.[Removed] was very helpful and accommodating. We were able to meet and speak with residents and staff alike. Everyone has only great things to say! We have decided to move our mom into this facility ASAP, and couldn't be more relieved and grateful that we were pointed in that direction. We are looking forward to it, and excited for Mom-I think it's going to be a great fit!

Samantha Blossom

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your comments and recommendation. Mustang Creek Estates has a mission to provide seniors with high quality, residential type of assisted living at an affordable price. We are so happy your mom is joining our family. Thank you again.

Care for my mother

My mom was here for a short time. She was not here long, It was not a good fit for my mom at this time. The staff was nice in the memory care unit. they offered her activities and she did participate. I would overall recommend this community for assisted living and it memory care to other families for outstanding care and value.

Samantha Blossom

Thank you for your review! For 11 years, we have cared for and provided high quality assisted living for hundreds of seniors. Our residents and their family members love the home environment that we offer along with the home-cooked meals and exceptional care that our caregivers provide to our residents on a daily basis. We appreciate your recommendations and we look forward to caring for many more seniors in the years to come.

Not a Good Fit for my Mother-In-Law Facility is in Need of Renovation to meet other competitive standards in the industry as it continues to change.

Samantha Blossom

Thank you for your review. Mustang Creek Estates in Allen was built and started providing quality to care to seniors in 2005. Since then we have been voted Best Assisted Living in Allen for 11 year straight. One of our caregivers was even awarded Best Caregiver in Texas by the Texas Assisted Living Association. Over the past year every home in our neighborhood has undergone extensive renovations and up grades. Thank you again for taking the time to share your review.

One big Family!

Everything is going great here. The food is good and mom has no complaints. Mom has started getting involved with the activities. I really like the family oriented style that the community has. That is what we wanted for mom.

Samantha Blossom

Thank you so much for sharing your review! We are so happy to hear how well your mom is doing in her new home. Mustang Creek Estates in Allen has an amazing staff, residents and families! Thank you again.

Lovely Community !!

The community is well maintained and kept very clean inside and out for the residents. My loved one seems to really be enjoying the activities they have throughout the day as well as the meals they provide. Everything is going well and she seems to be very content in her new living environment.

Samantha Blossom

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at Mustang Creek Estates in Allen. We are so happy to hear your loved one is adjusting to their new home.
Thank you!

Worth taking the tour!

The staff that offered the tour at Mustang Creek Estates Residential AL and MC took the time to listen to our concerns and needs. They were able to address our questions with their wealth of knowledge. They staff were very pleasant and we enjoyed the tour.

Samantha Blossom

Thank you so much for sharing your tour experience at Mustang Creek Estates in Allen. We are so pleased to hear your tour was pleasant and enjoyable.

Read the fine print

Mom taken to hospital, dies, family goes in immediately to clean up and notify and 3 (three) weeks before the end of the month. They charge $5800 to the family for an extra month. Lawyer owner(s) wording in fine print takes greed to another level. Greed reaches the heavens! Mom constantly complained about sub par food and it being 'cold'. Not a friendly place. She was alone the last two years until she died at Mustang Creek Estates.

Samantha Blossom

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are so sorry that you feel you did not have a good experience. We would highly encourage you to contact our Executive Director at Mustang Creek Estates in Allen to discuss and resolve your specific concerns. Mustang Creek Estates in Allen has been caring for seniors for over 11 years and we are privately owned and our owners have over 30 years of senior living experience but they are not and never have been lawyers. Thank you again for your review.

No Request Is To Little

Things are going well for my father here at Mustang Creek Estates, he really starting to settle into the community. The community does a really good job with making sure everything looks nice and clean. The staff has been wonderful and extremely helpful and kind to us. They don't mind listening to your request and making sure they accommodate your loved one needs which is very nice to see. He has par taken in some of the activities they offer here,and he has made new friends and is starting to really adjust with everything which did take some time. I would recommend this community to my friends and family it is a nice to place to move your loved one too.

Tegjula Hilburn

We are thrilled to know that your father has adjusted well to our campus! We are always happy to go above and beyond to meet the needs of our residents and their family members. Our campus is always full of great residents who make great friends with one another - we are glad that your father has become one of our great residents!

very pleased and the people are excellent

I am very pleased, the people are excellent. The director handled the discussion of my mom having to go into memory care really well. They really made my transition easier.

Tegjula Hilburn

We understand that it may be difficult for your loved one to transition to a higher level of care, but we are glad that you and your family have been pleased with the loving care and services that are being provided for your mother in our Memory Care home.

Very Friendly

They were very friendly. My dad said the caregivers during the week were so helpful and so nice to him and very kind and they were there any time he needed anything. Just good things to say about it.

Tegjula Hilburn

Thank you for your response. We are so happy to hear that your father is happy at Mustang Creek Estates! Our caregivers are always there to assist our residents when ever they are in need.

Pleasant Atmosphere

I would say that the reason we chose them was because the overall atmosphere was very pleasant and the location was awesome for us because it was only six minutes from our home. My loved one needs 24-hour care, so it is hard for them to keep up with all his needs. I think if they had more skilled people they would have a number-1 place. Other than that, we want this to work and they are very flexible and trying to work with us.

Tegjula Hilburn

Thank you for your response! One of the many great aspects of our campus is that we have three levels of assisted living care where our residents can easily transition from one home to another in the event that their care needs increase. Our caregivers are specially trained to provide assisted living care for each of our residents in a home environment.

The People Are Nice

The people are nice, I think the residents tend to be a little further along the continuum of needing care than I expected. A majority of the residents in my father's building are not really communicative.

Tegjula Hilburn

Thank you for your response! Our friendly and caring team members help to make our residents day meaningful every day! Our full time Activities Director also helps to get our residents involved in activities that encourages socialization while also providing a warm, loving and fulfilling environment for all of our residents at Mustang Creek Estates.

Dad deserves better!

If you are considering this place....DONT! They will give you the hard sell - only for you to find out later, they told you what you wanted to hear, not what they can actually do for your loved one. If your loved one is VERY independent, they might be ok, but if your loved one needs even the most basic care, TRUST ME, this is NOT the place to leave them.
My loved one was there for only 6 weeks when we decided to move him out....we had to give them a 30 day notice to vacate, and that was the longest 30 days of our lives. We were actually distressed that our loved one would have to spend one more month there - if not for monetary reasons, we absolutely wouldn't have.
Our family visited our loved one every single day from the beginning, and it didn't take long for us to realize we had made a horrible decision.
By the second week, we were discovering miscommunications between staff on different shifts about his medications & healthcare, we were having to ask for his bathroom to be cleaned, they were complaining about dealing with his incontintence, & he had multiple falls (one requiring an ambulance ride). They were understaffed and the staff that was there was busier having fun in the staff office rather than looking out for, or engaging the residents.

This place is not only dangerous, but the worst display of compassion for the elderly that I have ever witnessed in my life. I could write a book on all the reasons you should turn around and walk away from this glorified nursing home! Save yourself a 'lesson learned the hard way'....Save your loved one a trip into depression and being stripped of their dignity.

Tegjula Hilburn

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that Mustang Creek Estates was unable to meet your expectations while your loved one lived with us. We take pride in providing compassionate, quality, loving and experienced care to all residents and we are saddened that we have disappointed you and your family. We have taken care of hundreds of residents for over 10 years and have many happy families and happy residents that call Mustang Creek Estates home. We encourage and appreciate feedback from our families so that we can continue to provide the highest level of service for our residents.

I am very pleased

i was very pleased with the community, that is why I choose this one. The care I received was very good, the staff was friendly and well trained. The facility was very cleanly and it was just a overall wonderful environment.

Tegjula Hilburn

Thank you for your response. We are so thrilled to know that you choose Mustang Creek Estates as your new home!