A tour for mom

We toured this community for the care for my mom. We did like that the staff were caring and able to answer the question we had. We liked the menu. The community has a clean environment for the residents. We wanted a community that was a little smaller. Families should consider this community for care.

Good care and comfort

This is a good community for care. We like that the staff is caring friendly. The rooms are on the smaller side. This location in off the service road with a lot of stores that are nearby. We like the menu and that they take trips.We would recommend this community for the nice care and comfort for a loved one.

Great Service

Lynridge of Murphy Texas is a very nice and well-kept community. The staff is very caring and provide great service. The food is very good, they offer a wide variety of healthy choices, the meals are well balanced. There are plenty of activities that the staff encourages the residents to participate. There are patios with seating available to relax and enjoy the company of other residents, or sit quietly and enjoy the surroundings. I would highly recommend this community to others.

Very nice place!

The Lynridge of Murphy Texas was a very nice place, but I did not really like the way the place was laid out. Other than that, the staff was very friendly and I did not see anything major that needed improvement.

A place to look into!

This looked like a nice community when we took our tour. The people we meet were nice. They did offer a lot of activities. The apartment at this community was just not what we were looking for.

Lynridge was very nice. The atmosphere was friendly and inviting. The staff is educated about the behaviors and needs of their residents. It is beautifully decorated and there is a lovely patio in the center of the wings. The rooms are large enough to accommodate nice furniture. I did not notice any activities with residents going on, but it might have been the time of day.

We have no complaints!!

My wife is doing well at Lynnridge. The staff are nice and I have good communication with them. The food is good. They offer plenty of activities. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

Very happy to have saved lots of time and energy . Found exactly what I needed when I needed it. They listened to what my needs were and directed me to the perfect place for my wife . We were extremely fortunate to been directed to "A place for mom."

Very Communicative Guide!!

I thought that Lynridge of Murphy Texas was a very clean community. The atmosphere seemed very nice and everything was fairly organized. It looked like it was very new. The staff and the tour guide were all attentive and nice with me. I got a proper tour of the whole community. They offered great meal plans and activities as well.

Very happy with Lynridge!

The staff have been doing a great job with our loved ones transition to Lynridge of Murphy Texas. They are very friendly and have done a wonderful job caring for my loved ones. The community offers a number of activities for the residents to socialize and enjoy. The community is very well kept and clean throughout. The food served is good and they have a variety to choose from at meal time.

Very poor communication and level of care

Everyone at the facility is very nice, but the communication to the families is deplorable.

There is no communication concerning medication changes, no status updates which is very important for the memory care residents.

Trying to get in touch with someone in charge on the weekend is a exercise in frustration. The concierge will tell you outright that she has no idea who is in charge. She then will connect you to numerous extensions to leave messages just in case they are the director in charge.

The facility is responsible for the health and well being of our loved one and if nobody knows who is in charge it is impossible for them to act with the speed necessary to address an emergency situation.

As nice as the facility is, to receive the necessary care we made the decision to move our loved one.

Very Impressed With This Community

I was very impressed with this community. It is well established and well managed. They have everything going very smoothly here. I loved my tour of the facility. They have an amazing manager/director, he is very wise, knowledgeable and helpful. The residents are cheerful, very nice and friendly. They all looked very happy and comfortable. The community had a very homey atmosphere. They are able to provide high levels of care if needed. My tour went very well and I would recommend this community.

I loved this community and staff. Also liked the shared floor plan with common foyer but wall between residents. I am hoping to bring my mom here next week.

I'm doing fine here

Everything with Orchard Park Murphy is pretty good. It is a very clean facility and the clean my room once a week. All the staff is very friendly also. Most everybody here is very happy. Every once in a while they will have a meal I don't care for too much, but usually the food is good. Overall I enjoy it here.

This facility is good for mom, but only for assisted living and they do not have any availability.

We toured here, and we liked it a lot.

We toured here, and we liked it a lot. We didn't get to try the food, we just did a walk through. From what we saw, it was clean. It was not very old either.

Went downhill fast!

My mom is a resident in the memory care unit. This place has gone downhill in just a year. Strong urine smell, a staff that never seem to be around when you need them and most do not speak English well. The turn around in staff is very concerning and there is no one on the floor who is in charge.
I am in the process of finding a new facility for my mom, and I am now armed with the right information to make a better decision. Don't be fooled by the shiny building and friendly office staff. Things change once they have your money.

Fantastic place!

They've really done a fabulous job here overall! Almost from day 1 we could tell that this would be the one, and that it would be a great place for my Dad. He really loves it here, the community has a great feel. Moving from independent to assisted living was a big change, but the staff really work hard to make this place feel like home!

Looks like fun

We have visited a few different times and have been pleased every time. Even though we liked the facility and the staff from the beginning, in our recent visits, we have been even more impressed. We have seen volunteers bring in therapy dogs, groups of people come and go from outings, happy hour socials and other activities. My mother says she loves the environment and I can definately see why!

Managed to lose my packet a...

Managed to lose my packet already. It was nice, new.. Lovely outside courts but the rooms are really small for the money and the calendar seemed to have a lot of Walmart shopping (right across the street) and I would have to look closer at amount of real trips, though there were some... It was sure expensive, as I recall and no deals at all.

Loved it. Beautiful, warm, ...

Loved it. Beautiful, warm, friendly, good staff, knowledgeable. A little far but not terrible.

Not impressed by the tour

I toured this location when I was looking into care options for my loved one and I was not impressed by the experience. The building itself is fine, it looked like they kept the common areas clean and nice looking. I just didn't get a good vibe while I was here. I didn't see many residents out doing things. The person who gave me my tour was very new at the community and couldn't answer many questions. Also, the room I was shown during my tour had a strong urine smell, and was not a good choice to show me.

We are very pleased with them.

We are very pleased with them.

Upon touring everything was clean and...

Upon touring everything was clean and beautiful. All the personnel were extremely friendly and helpful. The only issue was trying to transfer there from a SNF. The communication was very poor. This is probably from both sides--but it was exceptionally frustrating.

Nice facility. However log...

Nice facility. However logistically may not work for family members to visit. Also didn't really feel like it was a match for my Mom.

Little activity in common r...

Little activity in common rooms at 2:30 pm on a Sunday. Very nice rooms small closets lovely courtyards, dining room, and entry. Transportation to dr appt within 10 mi radius. You do your personal laundry in laundry room. Three meals per day and you can go order a meal if you miss regular mealtime. Cleaning once per week.

Try to camoflauge horrible food

We were really disappointed because this one was one of the newest and they had lots of plumbing problems. We visited 2 or 3 times and they never got resolved. The food was really bad, like cafeteria food. I had a fish with a lemon sauce, the fish was definitely overcooked and it was very rubbery; they tried to hide it with a bunch of sauce and that didn't work because it was too lemony. My son had a hot dog and that was also overcooked- I don't understand how you do that- but when you grill hotdogs they have grill marks, these weren't grilled but they were burnt and rubbery... overall it was all burnt and it had no taste, except for my fish that was covered in sauce

They Need Memory Care Activities

Overall I would say they're very clean but there is a huge turnover. They've taken the activities director out of the memory care side so they're just in the assisted living side and they don't have any activities for the memory care folks. The people are really sweet but they don't share information across shifts so I'm constantly having to tell people things again and again. I'm a little frustrated with the activities thing because we're paying good money for that to be a part of the package.

It's nice, it's pretty, it's clean and they keep my mother clean and fed which I'm very grateful for but I'm frustrated with the activities.

Everything good just a tad understaffed

They really had little to no activities for the memory care unit. They didn't seem to have enough people working for the number of residents they had. The food was fine and the staff was friendly, really the only issue is that the memory care unit seemed understaffed while our loved ones were there. I would cautiously recommend this community, just check to ensure you are comfortable with the staff to resident ratio.

Really Small Rooms

Their small rooms, 500 square feet, were divided into three rooms with walls so they were REALLY small! Also my mother has started to wander and their doors could just open and it was on a major street. I know it's hard to believe but there is a major street in Murphy.

Great Food! Haven't seen any activities...

I haven't seen any activities. The only thing I could say is everytime I go over there my dad is in his room and in his bed. They say he's up all the time but I never see it. They have great food! He likes it there.

Orchard Park of Murphy is located in Murphy Texas and provides residents with many activities that they can participate in the area. This is a place where you can find many levels of care. You can find independent living, assisted living, and a memory care wing for those suffering with Alzheimer's, or dementia. While this is a very elegant setting, the prices can be very competitive for the Murphy area. This is senior living with choices. We do not just offer one floor plan for your apartment. There are several floor plans to choose from to ensure that your family member gets all of the amenities they are used to at home. This can help the transition to be much easier for you and your senior loved one. A chef prepares all of the meals for residents each day. There are some great selections for every taste. Many of the residents look forward to these meals, and this is just one of many reasons that we are leaders in senior care. Housekeeping is performed on a weekly basis, and this can allow a senior to lessen some of the responsibility they had in the past. Senior citizens also look forward to the weekly outings that can get them out of the home, and exploring the Murphy area. It is very common for elderly people to need assistance with activities of daily living, and we have a highly trained staff to help with any need that a resident may have. This can be the perfect balance of assistance and independence.