The Waterford At Plano - Plano, TX

Not a Place for Mom

Mom was in the assisted living part of the Waterford. There are not enough caregivers to meet the needs of the residents. One caregiver per hall is not enough. Also even though they empty diaper pails on aschedule the place reeks of pee. It burns your eyes as you turn down the hall. My mom couldn’t/wouldn’t go to meals in the dining room. Therefore they only gave her whatever was leftover and cold. And she had to call to remind them to bring food. Served in a styrofoam container not a plate. Unacceptable!!
Nice caregivers doing the best they could except for the evening shift and the food problem.

stay away

I am very disappointed in this community. We were lead to believe they had an active life style and very friendly caring place. Not true on any of these things. There have no activities unless the seniors start and run them themselves. The place does not help the seniors fit in and make them feel welcome.
The perks, such as cable, internet and laundry are not working most of the time and it takes a great effort to get the staff to fix the issues, if at all.
The food is cold, dried out and not very good in general. I was very disappointed every time I have dined with my mother. They have even ruined a ham and cheese sandwich.
It was cold and soggy, it had no flavor at all. I have had burned cake and over done chicken.
They have been promising that repairs and replacement of soiled and broken equipment is in the future but no time line due to lack of funding from parent company.
I have wished we had picked another community and never moved in.

Nice community with great amenities. We really liked the wide variety of activities and dining options available.

A current review of the Waterford

Used to be a nice place a year ago. Lots of staff turnover and many services were cut back even though they increased the rent. The food selection can't be considered healthy anymore, very salty even though they are supposed to be a salt free facility with healthy food selections. They used to have 2 main choices at meal time. Now there is only one entree or the a la cart burger or chicken. Activities for residents have been slowly eliminated. Rather than complain about the food and the services many residents have left recently because they fear retaliation

Dad is happy here

This community is nice and clean. Dad has them come come into his apartment and clean once a week. They have a driver to take them to a Dr appointment. The food is good and have d=good service. They have lots of daily activities they we enjoy. I would recommend this community.

Tour and options.

We toured this community for the special care needed for mom. We like the environment and the caring staff who were able to inform us on the care that is needed. We liked the menu and the list of the activities that are offered. We would recommend that others tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Just OK

Independent living----Staff is friendly and generally considerate. Food is OK but food service leaves room for improvement.
Television is terrible, most stations have lines and roll like TV's of the 50's. Basic system is digital Direct TV with old analog cabling system.
Maintenance seems to be overwhelmed judging from the amount of time it takes to perform simple tasks.

Respite Stay

We used this community for respite care for my mother while I traveled out of the country. Over all I was very pleased with her stay here. Mom and I found the staff was friendly and kind. She said the food was okay but she did mention along with another woman who said the same thing that the meat was very sweet tasting. My only issue with the community was when my mom got there they were not prepared for her arrival. Housekeeping hadn't been done nothing was clean, bed linens were not done there was no tv in the room the freezer hadn't been defrosted. So that caused a little stress but once we got everything worked out then it seemed to go much better.

The Community We Chose

My mom is part of the independent residents and it is a good fit for her so far. She gets out a little bit and has not quite made it to the activities. Everybody is great there but the maintenance guy is not good and he is the only person who does the work and I notice things are started but not finished.

Exceptional Staff in This Community

I'am comfortable with my move to this community. They have an exceptional staff, and they have been great to work with. This is a lovely community with good people. They provide great meals, and nice activities for the residents. Our families are pleased with all they have for us. This is a community I would recommend, it is working out well for myself.

Much to be desired

My father in law has been there a little over a year. Staff turn over is high. Food quality is very poor. Yesterday's potato soup tasted like instant potatoes and so salty it was inedible.

Great assisted living facility!

This was a great place for my loved one while she was there. The staff were amazing! However, we had to take her out of the facility due to the simple fact that this is more of an assisted living facility, rather than an independent living facility. If my loved one does require more help in the future, this facility will be our first choice!

Super Clean Community, Tour Was Nice

I had a great tour of this community. It is a very nice looking facility. The community is brand new, so everything looked great. My tour guide was friendly, and kind. They are currently making some updates around the community. It was a good experience, but I did find other community that had more of a homey environment.

Going well so far!

My mother is a resident here. Things have been pretty good. She's played the violin for thirty years and they were able to get her involved in the church services.As far as the food she was disappointed because they served corn dogs one night, it wasn't a big deal and I told her to eat in her apartment the night they serve corn dogs. One thing that they said they were going to do is replace the carpet in the hallways and do some changes to some rooms which they still have not done. They did update the elevator but I don't know what it looked like before. The people who work at Waterford are very friendly and I actually knew one of the ladies who works in the front from years ago.

Getting Engagement From Activities

Everything is good so far and all is in good shape for my mom. She likes the meals and tells me it is very good. She is doing well with the activities and gets to stay engaged with the stimulation. There are no concerns with the staff. Housekeeping is doing a good job and we have good communication about anything. I would recommend the community to my family and friends.

Allie was very thorough and conscientious in finding out exactly what I needed in assisted living for my dad. She was also objective in pointing out what I should be looking for in evaluating all assisted health care facilities, and in explaining the advantages of Waterford. Waterford seems to be a warm and loving place with a great family atmosphere.

My friendly tour

This is like a big hotel. the staff were caring. I would recommend it if wanting a bigger community. They did offer activities for participation. The community is very clean and
I would recommend other families see this community for the options available for a loved one.

Good walk around!

The tour was good and they answered all of my questions. I was able to see the residents out and doing things in the community. I did not like how small the apartment was that they offered. I would recommend this community though.

Set back from the highway so it was quite and some large trees around. That was nice. The rooms were and OK size.

A Friendly Community

My mother is doing well here at this community. She has adjusted well to it, and I'am pleased. The community looks well maintained, they do a good job with keeping the community neat and tidy. They have a very friendly staff, they have been good to work with. There are nice activities offered. She is pleased with the meals. I know she is in good hands. It has been a good experience, and I would recommend this community.

Lived Here For Five Year, A Great Experience

Our experiences in the community were very nice. My mother lived here for five years, and everything went very well. A place for mom was great with all the help. They offer nice activities and good food. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They were very good at following up and making sure we were all settled.

It's Amazing

This community is well-kept, cut grass, free from trash. I enjoy hearing my mother-in-law being involved in the community activities. The staff are nice, the give her the proper care, and helped with the billing. Mom also enjoys the food, she gets to enjoy her meals with her friends. Overall since the staff did all that was agreed upon, I would recommend this community for definite care and results.

Needs More Of A Variety Of Food

My sister is not really enjoying this community. She has many concerns and they are not very good at addressing her concerns. She says the food is not very good, they need more choices. She is not able to open her sliding closet doors. It is a pretty clean community. The staff for the most part are okay. There aren't many activities offered. She enjoys going to bible study. At this moment I would not recommend this community.

A jewel among rocks

Selecting a place for a loved one is a difficult thing to do. John [removed] at Waterford and Christine [removed] were exceptional. They were most informative, welcoming and answered all of my questions to my satisfaction. Although this facility is not a brand new facility, the staff was friendly and the environment was pleasant........so much so that the decision was made for Waterford to be "home".

The food is excellent. The rooms are larger than other places and kept very clean. The 'system' works. It's not The Plaza-NY, but most who live in an assisted living facility aren't looking for the Plaza-NY. They are looking for quality care with people who care...a second family. With Waterford, we think we have found that.

Review of The Waterford At Plano - Plano, TX

Allie [Removed] is great. Independent Living with a pendant system but also has Assisted Living. AL is priced on a level system (not a la carte). Menu looked very good. Is getting renovated after sister property (Wellington at Arapaho) is finished. Cheaper than Wellington because doesnt have stoves. 5 stars because Allie is the first person who seemed to genuinely care about getting me to the right place and not just into her place.

Review of The Waterford At Plano - Plano, TX

Amazing facility Allie is incredible! John the Community Director is great and Toni the Regional Marketing Rep is superb!!! The facility offers both IL and AL so transitioning within the community is possible and keeps family in a consistent environment. I highly recommend The Waterford. The other facilities listed I did view and was not impressed.

Everything Was Good

The Waterford At Plano seemed like a real nice place. It was a good experience, everything was nice. The location was ideal for me because I just live three miles away. The dining room was good, everything was good.

Nice place overall, promised a bit more than what they actually provide

Overall they do a good job at The Waterford at Plano. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the the staff have all been very friendly and professional. Really the only issue I've had is that I feel like they promised more on the tour than what they've actually provided after we moved our loved one in.

They are doing pretty good.

They are doing pretty good. She is starting to make friends, now. The one thing that we noticed, is that the residents seem to be less mobile than my loved one is. If you have someone that is looking for a home like this if they are up and mobile it might not be the best place. It's hard to find someone to go for a walk with. The food is delicious, and the staff has done well. It's one of the more reasonably priced, and in a good location.

good food selection

I went to Waterford at Plano because the previous place changed ownership and policies. I need a place that serves or offers a low-carb diet. Waterford has that.

Dieting

I changed my residence to the Waterford at Plano because the Place I was at could NOT or would NOT let me select a Low- Carbohydrate diet.

I have been at the Waterford since the fifth of August. So far I have had the help of the chef and I am on a low carbohydrate diet.

The rent is lower here than in my former residence.

Review of The Waterford At Plano Assisted Living in Plano, TX

Our visit to the Waterford was very pleasant with Brian Culpepper being a wonderful host!

Waterford at Plano:My brother has...

Waterford at Plano:

My brother has only been at The Waterford for about a month. The staff here is friendly and accommodating to my brother's needs. They keep the facility clean. The food in my opinion is just ok, not fantastic, not horrible. Overall I'm satisfied with the care they have provided for my brother.

Brian was very nice and the...

Brian was very nice and the assisted living may work but she may need more memory care type services.

Wonderful place for a reasonable price

My mom's apartment is beautiful. We chose Waterford for that reason and because the residents we encountered during the tour seemed very happy. When we escorted Mom to the dining room for lunch the first day, four residents came over to introduce themselves and say hello. Waterford has a very reasonably priced in-house home health service (no four-hour minimum), which helps my 93-year-old mom with pill-taking, exercise, and accompanying to lunch (it's a rather circuitous route to the dining room from her apartment, and my mom has mild dementia). The entire place just feels positive. If Mom declines, she can move from independent living to assisted living in the same facility. My husband and I enjoy hanging out with her in such a pleasant place.

I am leaning towards The Wa...

I am leaning towards The Waterford. I like that it has both independent and assisted under one roof. It's not as friendly or warm as Cottonwood, but the services seem better. When I ran a Lexis-News search, there didn't seem to be any bad news stories on them or the owning company for the past 10 years. And skimming the annual report didn't notice any problems.

GOOD REPORT

I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS FACILITY TO OTHERS

Already done a tour and did...

Already done a tour and didn't like the facility. Per Brian, if they drive your loved one to the Dr....they do not take your loved one into the Dr.'s office

Very Friendly

My loved one doesn’t really use the activities, but from what I could see there is a lot of them with a lot of variety. The community has very friendly people - friendly residents and friendly staff. The food smells great.

Brian extremely helpful. Bi...

Brian extremely helpful. Big apts. looked and felt too much like a nursing home especially for the price.

The value and the friendliness is what stands out about them to us.

The food is not always the best. We have eaten there several times and it seems like it's ok, but she has to eat there all the time. The quality and service is sometimes lacking. The value and the friendliness is what stands out about them to us.

Very nice place

My loved one lived here for quite a few years, and I thought they did a great job. It's a very nice looking community, and the staff are always friendly and helpful. My loved one liked it here, and he can be a hard person to please. It's a less active community, and the staff are more hands-off, which is what my loved one preferred. We decided he might do better in a place that pushes for more involvement however, which is why we eventually moved him to another community.

Nice place

my father moved in a month ago and is very happy there. the staff is wonderful to work with.

My dad Is there and he is very happy ...

My dad Is there and he is very happy with it. His only complaint is that the food could use a little more spices. He said that it is a really good value, and that's why he likes it so much. He is in independent living but they still provide him with three meals a day. He also has a small kitchenette in his one bedroom apartment. They do all kinds of activities. They have bridge groups and on Fridays they do happy hour and have live entertainment.

Pretty close to perfect

We've had a pretyt good experience over there, mom just said that she loves living over there, she loves her apartment. It's actually one of the bigger ones there, it has a private balcony, 2 bedrooms and she really needed the closet space so she's really happy with that. I know when we moved in, I complained about the community fee but as soon as I even mentioned it they waived it. She likes the food, apparently that's a big deal when I started looking at other places, I don't have anything to compare them to, but it sounds like we found a pretty good place. Anything I had to deal with, they were fine. Mom had to go to the hospital a couple of weeks ago, I was actually on vacation, she had this numbness and called 911 and went to the hospital. One of the ladies at Waterford called me telling me what was going on and that was very helpful because mom had forgotten her phone of course so I was able to track her down. I think the only complaint was that some of the people didn't know what had happened to her so when they didn't see her at dinner they were asking about her but I'm not sure that's their responsibility to tell them what happened.
This has just been a learning experience because I had nothing to compare it to, it was really a difficult search, but I have been real pleased and if she doesn't show up for one of the meals, even if she hasn't said anything, they come by and check on her.

The Waterford is a nice place for sem...

The Waterford is a nice place for semi-independant living. It is clean and the food is usually good. The residents are very friendly. The activity director is very good. The "assisted" aspect was misrepresented. They have an outdated pull cord system for calling for help. The pull cords are few and not easily accessible. Too much time elapses between pulling the cord and when help actually arrives. I believe they are understaffed.

waterford

facility clean and staff friendly and helpful

cold atmosphere

cold atmosphere

Although it is a lovely facility, I t...

Although it is a lovely facility, I think it's too large for her.

great room -- furniture not supplied.

great room -- furniture not supplied.

One of the leading 3 options - have v...

One of the leading 3 options - have visited twice.

super nice and friendly; AL ties into...

super nice and friendly; AL ties into IL and they have shared events; order off a menu; livelier crowd

Clean and orderly community. The basi...

Clean and orderly community. The basic service list which is included in the base rate is very comprehensive. Nutrition menu looked good. The grounds appeared safe and sound. Full activity schedule. Staff were friendly and attentive. The live-in residents volunteered to let us tour their appartments and let me know how much they enjoyed living there and how much they liked the staff and other residents. Willingness to help me with more assistance as it comes up such as moving in and other needs.

Rate for studio is $2625. All inclusi...

Rate for studio is $2625. All inclusive including bathing. Extras are continence help and escort service for $300 monthly for each service.

Very nice place. Three good meals/day...

Very nice place. Three good meals/day. Good transportation services. No kitchen. AC units take up too much space. She decided she likes this place the best and is going to move here.

I like this facility also.

I like this facility also.

Nice place and smells good. Friendly...

Nice place and smells good. Friendly residents and staff. Good participation in exercise class that I saw. They have independent living and assisted living. One bedroom and two bedrooms. Backs up to a residential neighborhood. She recommended that based on what I told her about mom and dad they would do fine in independent living for right now. All residents apartments open into hallway instead of outside.

Simple Pricing is a plus. Facility is...

Simple Pricing is a plus. Facility is older however; very well kept. Interaction between staff and residents was genuine. Residents were outgoing and friendly. I like the idea that they have a Geriatric MD on staff and in the facility 2x per week. Rooms are a tad smaller than the norm yet manageable. I like the idea of a transitional opportunity with their independent care wing. Seems like a good value.

Not bad buildings

Not bad buildings

Not impressed. Nothing going for it....

Not impressed. Nothing going for it....

Our Independent Living and Assisted Living community in Plano, Texas, affords residents a privileged lifestyle with quality services and top-notch amenities that continue to exceed expectations. The Waterford offers privacy and the freedom to live the way residents choose in comfortable surroundings where residents will feel at home from the minute they arrive. At the same time, we offer companionship with regular sing-alongs, bible studies and breakfast and lunch outings. Professional and courteous staff members are on call 24 hours a day in case of an emergency, and residents have access to some of the highest quality healthcare with several hospitals nearby.