Texas Star Assisted Living & Memory Care - Allen, TX

Good care for dad

We are very happy with the care at this community for my father. The staff is nice and attentive to his needs. He is very happy with the meals and the variety. We like that he is offered activities. We would recommend this community to other families for good care and value.

Nice Community

My father is suppose to be making the move into this community soon. It is a nice looking community, and they been good to work with so far.

This was an Awesome Community with great genuine caring staff, and an Onsite Involved Owner who was there regularly.
The Community relations director was knowledgeable and warm.

Left on a bad note...

Before we moved my mother into this community, they came and evaluated her. We were worried they didn't take care of her needs but they said they could. Once she was there, when she needed certain things taken care of, they would tell me "this is not a nursing home" even tho they had told me in the beginning, they could accommodate all of her needs. They would come in to give her medications, but wouldn't tell her what her meds they were giving her . She had horrible breathing problems and sometimes they would take a very long time to get to her when she needed assistance. My mother was hospitalized, and when she was released, they wouldn't let her come back to the community without 24hr care. Some of the aids were nice, they seemed very short staffed. We left on a bad note.

Brand New!

The tour was great here. It is a nice and new community. I just felt that the staff was new as well. They were inexperienced in how to take care of people in this position. I saw a couple of people out , but not that many.

The lay out was open. the court yards were nice. I liked the water feature. It was in my price range.

Recommended for Care

This is a nice community. The staff is nice and needing a little more help, but they are good. The food is good and my mom is pleased with the meals that are offered. They do have activities that are offered. Another activity director is needed due to have alot of residents. I would recommend this community overall for good care for families.

Nice and New!

The community at Texas Star Assisted Living and Memory Care is very nice. It is a fairly new community and it is very clean throughout. The tour staff were very friendly and they did a wonderful job addressing our concerns. The tour went very well and it is a pleasant community.

I like this community!!!

I was only there for a few days when we moved mom into Texas Star Assisted Living. The community looked clean. The staff are nice and they seemed to work well with her. I live out of state and I do have good communication with the staff. They do offer daily activities for the residents to enjoy.

Rocky At First, But Things Have Improve Very Much

This is brand new facility and at first things were a little rocky, but things have improved since then. The community is new, so everything is very nice and spotless and beautifully built and decorated. My father's apartment also is very well-kept. The staff is good, they are always willing to help when asked. The facility's main administrative assistant always has her eye on the ball and is key to their management there. The activities director is amazing, he is encouraging to everyone to participate. The food okay, they do serve well balanced meals. Everyone is accommodating and I expect things will further improve as this community grows. For assisted living, I would recommend this community.

The entire staff is great!!!

My Father was at Texas Star for about 2 weeks before he got pneumonia and had to go to the hospital. He is currently in rehab but will be returning here once he is done. This is a brand new community and they are still getting the community set up. Jason the activities director is doing a great job starting to get things going. Eileen who I spoke with in the beginning was great. Lee the wellness director even visited my dad in rehab. The food is kind of plain but I would recommend this community.