Gracious Care Home - Allen, TX

This is the best place for my Mom

My mother has been there for almost 2 weeks. We are all adjusting well. Her caregivers are the best! They are doing a fabulous job taking care of her.

The care my loved one is getting is great

I think the care my loved one is getting is great. The food is good. She eats better there than she did here. The girls are great. I don't have any problems at all.

Warm And Caring

We absolutely love the home! The caregivers are so warm and caring. The home is very well maintained and cleans and really provides a home like feeling to it. Mom has passed away since but was very happy at Gracious Care Home

very good experience

My mother has just been there in Gracious Care Home for about six weeks or so, but during that short period of time it has been a good experience. They have treated her very well and communicated very well with me. When anything happens they are quick to respond. For example, mom recently had a fall and they were right there on top of it to help her and get the additional help needed to care for her. Very good all around experience.

This wasn't a good fit for us.

I toured one the owners other homes. There were a few things I was uncomfortable with. It wasn't awful, just somethings didn't really resonate with me, and I did have a couple of safety concerns. There were no railings in the shower, or the bathroom. The bathroom designated for men had a tub, so my loved one would have had to climb into the tub. The caregivers would sleep in the closet of the master bedroom, that was a little strange. They had two bathrooms, one in the hallway, that was the men's room, and the master bathroom, that was the ladies' room. Each resident also had their own chair and area in the living room, and there didn't appear to be room for another chair. This wasn't a good fit for us.

They are wonderful!

Things happened suddenly for us. One day she was fine, and the next day there was a fire and she was wandering for the first time ever. We didn't know what was going on. Jep, the owner, called me right away after I inquired, and was ready to help immediately. We came to look at it the house the next day. They even had her come and stay with them during the day before we got her moved in, so that we wouldn't have to worry when we were at work. They helped get all her stuff moved in, and even helped with the furniture, so we didn't have to deal with that. After she got there they were so patient and loving and kind with her. She was going through something and we didn't understand why. She was acting out, and even being mean. We were worried so we sent her to the hospital, we found out what the problem was and are making it manageable. They even went to see her while she was in the hospital. They have been amazing. I really believe finding them was divine intervention.

Haven for my Family

I really like the staff.. Very attentive.Cristina styled moms hair...most expected And great surprise! I believe they give my mom the attention she needs...with having to work I don't always have the time for mom. So gracious home is a god sent haven for mom, thanks

Good Place

The place was very clean. The staff was just wonderful – very helpful . Basically I have nothing but good things to say about. My loved one was only there for about a week. I got to know the community as part of my search though. I was very pleased with them.

Nice place!

They've been doing a great job at Gracious Care Home so far! The owner has been really wonderful to work with, always very helpful and informative! The staff are very friendly, attentive, and caring. Really the only issue I've seen is one of the staff members can be forgetful when it comes to making sure my loved one remains sitting up instead of lying down.

We absolutely love the home!

We absolutely love the home! The caregivers are so warm and caring. The meals are healthy and delicious.

It's been really good, we've been very pleased.

It's been really good, we've been very pleased. The staff at the home were absolutely incredible to him. Five and a half stars. They have become family, they came to see him at the hospital. They are always right there with them. He has not had a single complaint. They have gone above and beyond when he went to the hospital one of caregivers came and stayed with him 24 hours a day when we couldn't get there because of the ice storm, for no extra charge, because they don't want him to be alone in a strange place. They would call me everytime a doctor or something would come in. They were Johnny on the spot noticing the issue and getting him care. Every time we see him he is clean and content and all the patients are happy you never see anyone disgruntled or discontent.

Nice, Clean, and Competitively Priced

It was nice and it was very clean. they were very friendly and I thought the value was good. At least. the costs was very competitive to the others we checked out but we did not select that home because they didn't have enough room. There was one room available at the time.

Residential Care is a Great Alternate Option

Especially for people looking for Alzheimer's care, residential care is a great option. I had no idea that residential facilities even existed before starting this search. We first had my mom in a retirement community, which with Alzheimer's was a big mistake. In the residential setting, feels like she is at home. This home is very small with only four other ladies and my mom. Being here has completely changed her demeanor. I am very happy with the care. I love the residential care facility idea.

Home like

Its as good as anything ive looked at. We went because she could not live alone and everything i looked at at the other places were significiantly higher and didnt seem to have quite the one on one that they have here. it works out just fine for us and it seems like the other people there are happy too. its home cooked food and its just adequate meals, stews and things like that, my mothers gained weight since shes been there. When you have dementia and a few other things its hard to gauge whats really going on but its real handy to me and i liked that its like a home rather than a hospital setting.

One on One type care

We chose this community for the type of one on one care they provide, it is 2 staff members for 4 residents so it really give it a very personal feeling. The home is very well maintained and cleans and really provides a home like feeling to it. The location was also a big factor when deciding and we are very please with Gracious Care and would recommend it to anyone.